Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So do you all remember, way back when, when I invited you to ask me any questions you wanted? Okay, so I guess it was only about three months ago, but it feels like forever-ago. I'm finally ready to answer your questions!

1. The very first question was asked by OHMommy and she wanted to know:
What is the most embarassing thing that has happened to you, that you are willing to share?

Boy, how do I narrow it down to THE most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me? I've embarrassed myself so many, many times through-out my life. One childhood embarrasment that sticks out is I was playing outside the school and one of my friends knocked me over. I was dressed in a skirt, nylons...and NO UNDIES that day. Yep, you guessed it, my skirt flew up and all my bits were exposed for the middle school population to see. Moritifcation.
Another time, I was about sixteen and working at Filene's (which is now called Macy's but before Filene's was G. Fox, how confusing!) and some lady wanted help getting a shirt down. I led her across the aisle and was walking so fast that I tripped and almost fell on my face in front of her. As I swung around quickly, my face flaming, to make a witty mockery of myself, my holey (hey, it was the early ninety's, what do you want!) shirt hooked onto a nearby clothing rack and I almost dragged the shirt rack down to the ground with me. I felt like a total idiot.

2. Rhea at Word Tangle asked me:
What's the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?
Hmmmm...my answer for this is not very interesting becuz I'm sure a lot of you love these foods but I absolutely loathe: shrimp, mushrooms, olives, and really fishy-tasting seafood. I hate the consistency of it all in my mouth and when it comes to fishy fish, ugh, I can't even swallow it down.

3. Scott asked me a question about my wedding, and I'm embarrassed that I'm answering it now, after the wedding:
What are you most excited about for your wedding? What are you most stressed about?
I have to say that I was most excited about slow-dancing with Big D. We have only really had a chance to do it once (I swear, can ONE of you unmarried friends of mine get married? I feel like I haven't been to any weddings, other than my own, in years!) and staring into each other's eyes. And it was even better than I expected, I didn't see anyone, anyone at all even when the rest of the bridal party came out on the floor, but Big D and his beautiful brown eyes. And what stressed me out the most? PAYING for it all! Thank gawd that part is over! LOL

4. I think Dan Mega's question was my favorite:
Could you take chele in a fight?
I'd like to think I can hold my own in a fight...believe it or not, I've never once been in a physcal fight with anyone (other than my brother growing up, heh heh). Since I've met Big D, I think I've gotten tougher in that department. We wrestle a lot (get your minds out of the gutter, people! Our clothes are ON! LOL) and even though Big D's bicep is bigger than my head, I've gotten better at getting out of holds, etc. Now that 'Chele is beefing up her own biceps, I think there is the chance she could kick my ass, however, I would like to think it would be a pretty even fight! LOL I can be one tough biatch if I want to be.

5. Robyn asked me a good question, indeed:
What is your favorite thing, besides Big D?
While I have a hard time narrowing it down to one item, I know exactly what those couple items are. I could not live without my: cell phone (my lifeline to everyone I love), my computer (I use it for everything), coffee (mmm...might be a problem when I get preggo though!) and my kitties and doggies (they give me unconditional love, and laughter, almost every single day and I'm grateful for them!).

6. Another wedding-related question. Alf asked me:
How much do you love your wedding registries???
Honestly? When we first created it, I LOVED it. But then afterwards I realized how much more I love cash. Ha! You said you wanted honesty. ;-)

7. Heather over at My Happy Place asked me:
In one word how would you describe me? (See how I made that all about me, sorry it is an only child thing to do)
Heather, I would describe you as: SILLY!!! I liked your question.

8. Snowflake's question is:
How did you meet your husband?
Yes, Big D and I were online personal daters. And I wouldn't have it any other way. We chatted online for about 2 months, then on the phone for about 2 weeks, then finally met in person, couldn't get enough of each other and haven't looked back since! In the infamous words of my Big D, "I had to kiss a lot of toads to find my perfect girl." :-)

9. Next up is Lilah's question:
I want to know what you actually do at work and what your educational background is?
Well, Lilah, I work at a massage school and have been here for 4 years now. My job title is Clinic Coordinator and I set up, book and handle all of our student clinic massage appointments. It sounds a lot more exciting than it really is. I deal with bitchy, whiny clients on a daily basis ("Whaaa, how come I didn't get a massage? I mailed out the form the exact day I received it!" Yeah, lady, you and 400 other people.) as well as students with every excuse in the book about why they can't come in and work on the already scheduled clients ("There is one snowflake coming down. I can't make it to class tonight."). After graduating from high school, I began one year of college but I never finished the year. Lots of family drama going on, and a bout with depression, and I withdrew. I always wanted to become a teacher but now I'm so not into the idea of all the schooling involved. I'm 31 years old...I'm done with school.

10. Steph at the Daily Grind asked me:
How did you a big D meet, how long did you date before he proposed?
For your first question, Steph, read number 8. After three months of dating, Big D moved into my house. After almost quite a year of dating, he proposed. About two and a half, almost three, years of dating later, we married.

11. Grandy had an interesting question:
If you could be on any game show, which show do you think your talents would take you to?
Wow, I think I might be stumped on this one. I don't think I'd survive on ANY game show! I can't take the pressure! LOL

12. Keri had a good one here:
Have you ever stolen anything?? On purpose or accidentally?? The most expensive thing?? The one you regret the most??
On purpose, yes, I stole candy when I was 12-ish, from Stop and Shop. I totally gave in to peer pressure from my supposed "friend" (she was a total clepto, growing up!) and even though my heart and head told me "no", I was afraid of disappointing her. So I did it, we got caught, I almost passed out on the spot. LOL Accidentally? Why yes, a couple of different times! LOL I put laundry detergent under my cart one time and forgot to pull it out to pay. Another time it was a small jar of basil leaves that had fallen into the back of the cart. Did I go back in? Nope.

13. Zoe had two questions to ask:
Boxers or briefs? democrat or republican?
I LOVE boxer-briefs! Sexy, sexy!
And I'm not much of a political person...I can't say that I'm a democrat OR republican.




11 comments:

Stephanie said...

I could totally NOT survive on any game show. I'm horrible at stuff like that. Loved hearing your answers, especially the embarassing ones :)

When you get a minute, check my blog - it mentions you :)

kittyconcerto.com said...

Loved this fun post! I can't believe that I missed asking a question.... Next time! I was LOL reading your embarrassing moments. I do stuff like that all.the.time. Well not flashing my naughty bits. No I don't do that. LOL.

~**Dawn**~ said...

OMG Heather's question killed me. LOL!!

ALF said...

I loved my wedding registries because the cash never seems to get spent on fun things - it always goes towards boring old stuff like paying the bills. I believe that everyone should have a registry at all times. But that's just me.

tricki_nicki said...

I loved this! It's so fun getting to know more about you and your fun life.

Also, good luck trying for baby! I'm a total psychopath when I'm trying to get pregnant. I start checking pee sticks two weeks before I"m even supposed to start my period. "Am I pregnant now? Darn. How about now? Dang." Anyway, I hope it happens soon for your (and Big D's) sanity!

lovelylalo said...

Hi there, thank you for stopping by my little bloggy world. I thought I'd drop bye and take a peek at yours and girl you are very WITTY and adorable. I think you will make for a fun read. I will have to check out some of your other posts when I get a few more days. LOL

You have some good Q&A's. Very sweet.

Stop by anytime! *HUG*

Big D said...

Alf, I totally agree a good portion of our wedding cash went to bills damn it...Im all for registries

Robyn said...

Alright someone who moved in together almost as fast as we did.
There is always decaf when you get pregnant.
I'm kind of in the same boat on the school thing. I'd like to finnish, but I just don't/won't make the time.

Kellan said...

I can't stand fishy tasting food either - but I do love good shrimp, mushrooms and olives!

Fun learning more about you. Take care- Kellan

Chele76 said...

BRING IT ON byotch!!!! lol

Just kidding :)

Heather said...

ok even after reviewing the original post i still do not remember nor do i believe i was such a butt to post that question. once again proves i am and will always be an only child!