Monday, June 23, 2008

Ugh, Monday mornings suck! I can't believe how hard of a time I had waking up this morning. I'm definitely not a freakin' morning person.

Anyway, had a pretty decent weekend. Friday night Big D and I went to our favorite Mexican place for margaritas and yummy food. We had a fun date together. We need to do those more often! :-) Then Saturday I went over my mom's house to lend her a carpet cleaner and ended up spending a couple of hours hanging out and visiting wit her. And my Grammie popped up at one point and had tea with us. She is not dealing well with the chemo and radiation. She sleeps all the time and has absolutely no energy. Pretty much all she can swallow (her throat is raw from the radiation) is oatmeal...anything else other than soft, bland oatmeal burns and hurts her throat. And what does not help anyting is the fact that she is still trying to do everything the same as before: scrub her kitchen floor, prune her flowers, take my Uncle's dog out--the dog who mind you who is so old that she can barely walk up and down the stairs on her own so that my grandmother used to have to carry (a Sheltie) her but obviously she can't do that anymore. My dumb-ass uncle just kind of abandoned the poor dog at his sick mother's house. Nice, right? Anyway, after visiting, I went home and cleaned and scrubbed every inch of the bathroom. We're going away to Maine to visit Carsa, Allen and the kids, this coming weekend and a friend is house/dog sitting so I want the house to sparkle for her! Sunday Big D and I went strawberry picking...we didn't get much cuz it's the end of the season, but got enough to make strawberry shortcakes for dessert! Then we watched a movie and invited my mom over for dinner, dessert and a movie. That was nice. I love spending time with my mom!

And now here we are again Monday morning...the weekend went by TOO FAST. Anyway don't think I'll be creating a Menu Plan this week. I didn't get a chance to go food shopping this weekend so now even sure what we have in the house. It's not much though. We'll be eating a lot of pasta this week, I think until we leave on Friday!!!

10 comments:

Kel said...

YAY for the weekend BOO for it being so short! I agree with you on that one - mondays suck! At least we are one day closer to the next weekend!
~K

Melissa said...

Sounds like another busy weekend. I don't know how you guys manage to be on the go so much!

I hope y'all have a fun time in Maine!

Stephanie said...

I agree, date nights are great. Sometimes we even have them at home now after the little one goes to bed.

I hear ya on a short weekend. I don't know where mine went!

Cecily R said...

Pasta is what I always fall back on too when we have little in the pantry. My kids are REALLY tired of "noodles and sauce".

Mondays do stink. Especially the Monday before this stupid move...

Krystyn said...

Yes, Monday comes way too soon! Glad you had a good date night and got to spend some time with the fam.

MoOsE said...

date night are a must have... espesally when you have kids :)

Motherhood for Dummies said...

Sorry, that moose comment was from me :)

Robyn said...

Just to rub it in, it is Friday for me.
Hope Grammie starts feeling better!!

LaskiGal said...

Wow! You exhaust me :)

And I hear ya about the short weekend. Wasn't it just Friday!!!???

tricki_nicki said...

You're such a good granddaughter!! I hope my grandkids will take care of me like you do your grammie. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend.