Monday, June 02, 2008

Well our weekend was good. Friday night Big D stayed home and one of his good, long-time friends came over for beers, while I went straight from work over to 'Chele's apartment for a girls night. It was me, 'Chele, Julie and Sarah hanging with numerous bottles of wine and lots of yummy snacks. Not to mention (early) birthday cupcakes for Michele! I didn't get to bed till 2am. Sweet! (Michele, WHERE are those pics? LOL Send them to me!)


Saturday was a super lazy day...the gloomy-ish weather probably helped with that. I stayed in my pajamas until...4:30pm!!! And the only reason I finally got OUT of my pj's was cuz the fridge delivery guys (finally) showed up. I hopped in the shower and then afterwards we went to the movies to see The Strangers with Liv Tyler. Mine and Daryl's opinion? While I found the movie very freakin' spooky (LOVE that) and I did jump a few times (and at one point everyone in the audience jumped and screamed...I actually half shouted out "Jesus!" LOL and then was immediately totally embarrassed)....I felt like the movie itself left a LOT unexplained. And I am one of those people that really need things spelled out to me. I need to know why things happened.

Anyway, Sunday was nice. Went out to breakfast, then bought lots 'o vegetable plants and flowers for our garden and backyard. Daryl wants to kick his vegetable garden into gear and I'm eager to bring a little bit of color into our predominantly GREEN backyard. Wish us luck! (I'm not exactly Mrs. Green Thumb. Daryl is MUCH better at this kind of thing). Even the doggies tried to do their part. Daisy loves to dig and she pulls up roots in her mouth...and Tucker, well Tucker just likes to pee on everything. Brand new beautiful flowers, included. Nice. After that we helped Lorelei move a washer/dryer and dresser to her new, very cute, apartment. Then the four of us went out for margaritas and Mexican food. Yummy!

Well, now it's Monday morning and my stomach is in bad shape (and no, it's not the Mexican. I only had half a burrito, which is what I ALWAYS have and it never does this to me). I have spent almost the entire morning in the bathroom. And anyone who works in an office (and who needs phone coverage every single time you leave your desk) knows how embarrassing and irritating this can be. And the worst part of all? My stomach only gets like this at work, causing me to think it's just my body's way of reminding me that I don't want to be here. I think it's time to start exploring my options....


8 comments:

Chele76 said...

Thank you for the reminder. I promise to do it tonight!

Mrs. Kitty said...

sounds like a fun weekend. well except for your poor tummy. I felt like that every.single.time. I was at work. hope you find something you like better. =)

ALF said...

I love the wedding photos on your sidebar. I'm still in love with my wedding pictures and it's been over a year now!

Your weekend sounds much more relaxing than ours...

Robyn said...

there couldn't be another reason could there?

Chele76 said...

any interest in insurance? lol

Melissa said...

I hope your tummy feels better soon. It's absolutely no fun to have tummy issues, especially at work!

Stephanie said...

Are you SURE that it's only b/c you are at work? Your stomach couldn't be upset for a different reason?? ;)

Heather said...

in regards to the movie i did hear about it from a friend who saw it (my hubby as banned me movies like that) and a lot of the unanswered stuff is b/c it is a true story from my understanding...