Thursday, July 10, 2008

Argh! Frustration!

I went to Target on lunch for household stuff (sixty bucks later! For freakin' cat litter, paper towels, cleaning products, facial cleanser etc. DAMN that shit adds up) but of course ended up in the dressing room with six...count 'em...SIX pairs of jeans to try on.

THEY ALL LOOKED LIKE CRAP. Or more accurately I LOOKED LIKE CRAP.

Either my hips were too big (duh) or my butt was too big (BIG duh) for them to fit. I also tried on a shirt, I grabbed the next size up knowing that the boobage wouldn't have fit into the smaller size.

THE GIRLS STILL WOULD NOT FIT INTO THE DAMN SHIRT.

For any of you ladies out there who often think, "Hmmm, I really wish mine were bigger!"---DON'T wish that. You can never freakin' buy ANY cute tops unless you (a) get them so big that the rest of the shirt billows out like a tent or (b) they are squished so tight up to your neck like mini-beach balls trying to escape! You also can never wear cute summer-y halter tops unless you want to (a) suffer the wrath of a strapless bra and worry about a stray boob playing peek-a-boo at the most inopportune time (b) wear a regular bra anyway and look like your friendly neighborhood street-walker.


And to add insult to injury, I came back to work, and sat down at my desk to eat my lunch while talking to a coworker, when something fell from my ear. It was my earring back...but oddly enough there was NO EARRING in sight. Who knows WHERE one of my most favorite earrings fell (which, of course, these earrings are a part of a set to an equally pretty necklace), possibly in Target, or the parking lot or in the student lounge here when I went to the microwave, or somewhere in my truck. The point is, it's freakin' GONE.




So when my coworker came up and said, "Hey, April, we're getting blizzards from Dairy Queen, do you want in?" I should have said 'no'. But did I? Of course not. *SIGH*



I'm just going to keep pushing on this magical key (that a sympathetic coworker once added to my keyboard after an especially rough day) and pray it takes away the annoying shit today....if not the key, then maybe the Blizzard....

(sorry for the blurry quality, these were taken on my cell phone)

10 comments:

Jaina said...

I hate days like those, but it's good to know I'm not the only one who has shirt problems. There are plenty of great tops that I would love to wear...but I prefer NOT to look like a whore. It's not fair. I've offered them many times to friends who complain about wanting a larger cup size. They just don't get it.
I hope your day gets better, I LOVE that key on your keyboard!

Kel said...

Oh days like that suck - but at least you got ice cream out of it! :) There are many days I wish the girls were bigger...trust me, little girls are not always what their cracked up to be either!

Hope your day gets better!!
~K

Stephanie said...

Oh geez...that IS a bad day isn't it? Well, I never wish mine were bigger (they are about a DD now) so I totally get you.
Second, Target jeans look like crap on most people. Try somewhere else. The ones I found that I really like are at GAP - Long & Lean. Nice. Fit.
Hope your tomorrow is better. Just have a little wine tonight to make it all better ;)

Krystyn said...

I feel you on the Target spending. Hubby told me to do something fun today (as long as it didn't involve Target)!

I hope your earring pops up...and keep pressing that button.

Oh, and just wait until you get preggo and/or start nursing. It's so nice when your grandmother comments on the size of your girls!

kittyconcerto.com said...

I should be packing... and what am I doing? Getting a fix like a crack whore giving you commenting love. LOL. (whore and love in the same sentence. does it get any better?)

Anyhoo.... Target jeans suck for big booty girls, like myself. Try New York and Company (do you have those out there?) or Old Navy, or Gap.

That totally sucks about your earring. I would have a meltdown for that one. And the button... Rocks!

I don't care what you say. Big Bewbs rule and I am supremely jealous. Hrmph.

April said...

OMG I can't believe that I forgot all about Gap Long and Lean!!! I used to LOVE them! I might need to make a trip to the mall this weekend....

Melissa said...

I'm so with you today, I'm off to eat cheesecake fuck the exercising for today.

jules said...

Your gonna laugh, but check your girls/bra for your missing earring. I lost an earring once and I found the back in my cleavage and later found the earring.....the girls were hiding them both!!!!!!!

I'm with you, big girls aren't all they're cracked up to be. Wait till you have your baby- can I say bigger!!!!!!! Have big D rub those ladies with Cocoa butter, Sorry Big D tough job I know.....LOL

Robyn said...

I was waiting to hear you found the earing in your cleavage. I only have a mild case of finding shirts to fit the boobage, Seems like the only weight I lost was in the breast area. I went down at least a cup size.

Heather said...

I feel your pain.