Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Monday. I am bummed the weekend is over becuz I enjoyed it immensely! So relaxing! Friday after work I hit up TGIF's for a little happy hour with best friend of the same name, April. I haven't really seen her since the wedding cuz life has been chaotic for the both of us so it was awesome to catch up and laugh and vent. Saturday morning, Lorelei came over at 10am and with a cooler full of sandwiches, fruit and drinks, we headed off to Hammonassett Beach in Madison. I had such a great time! We never once pulled out our books or magazines, we talked the entire time...five hours...that we were there! Went in the chilly ocean twice to cool off and it definitely was so refreshing. There have been warnings in CT on the news lately of jelly fish and I admit, we did see three but they were teeny-tiny baby jellyfish. And we didn't go any deeper in after seeing them. After I got home, where Big D was after working eight hours, we decided to take it easy (since he was tired and I was mildly sun-burned) and we ordered in Chinese food and watched movies. Sunday we had plans to go visit and have dinner with his dad and grandma at the house on the lake so we put on our suits, grabbed some towels and the homemade chocolate chip cookies I had made for dessert, and went there around noon. The day was absolutely gorgeous yesterday with a beautiful blue sky, and a few wisps of clouds, and a bright golden sun. Daryl isn't as much of a sun-bunny as I am...




...so, while I spent most of the day reading my Jodi Picoult (Harvesting the Heart...it's one of her earlier novels) on a chaise lounge, slathered in SPF 30, Daryl popped in and out of the house. I also sat on the edge of the dock, swirling my toes and feet into the surprisingly warm green water and just breathed in the air and watched the ducks and listened to teh whine of the motor boats and water skis zipping around the lake. Aaaahhhhh....and now it's Monday morning, ugh, and it's raining cats and dogs, go figure.

Here is my mealplan for this week. For other great ideas, go see:



Monday: Grilled chicken breasts (possibly teriyaki-marianted) with green salads and grilled zucchini and squash.

Tuesday: Whole Grain pasta and sauce adn steamed green beans.

Wednesday
: Carry-over from last week, taht we didn't get to, Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas

Thursday: Pizza Night

Friday: Hot dogs and mac and cheese

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am coming back to live your life! Or at least your weekends. :) I am glad that you relaxed some. So good for you. Hope you have a great week.

Kel said...

Glad you had a wonderful weekend!
~K

Flea said...

I recently read my first Jodi Picault - The Pact. It was okay.

So glad you had a great weekend. :)

Stephanie said...

Glad you had a good weekend!! I am a total sun bunny like yourself. I spent my weekend reading Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. Pretty good, but no idea how it's going to end.

Krystyn said...

Yum...fiesta chicken enchiladas!

I'm not a sun bunny. I would need SPF 50 to not get burned...plus nothing covers my belly!!! Oh, well! Nobody wants to see that! Should be fun at the beach.

Glad you were able to relax and catch some reading and sun time! That's always nice.

Poltzie said...

So glad you had a good weekend in the sun!
ps. I love that pizza night is on their every week :)

Melissa said...

I'm so looking forward to some beach time soon! Looks like I need to chill out more like you have been!

Melek said...

Just finished Harvesting the Heart. Now i'm reading Change of Heart. good one! gotta love a weekend at the lake.

Motherhood for Dummies said...

oh glad to hear you had a great weekeend... sounded like mine. We took a small trip and didn't want to come back :)

tricki_nicki said...

how can you be so tan when you're slathered in spf 30? life is so unfair.

Jaina said...

Sounds like a great weekend, I don't blame you for being bummed that it's over. Hopefully next weekend will be just as great!

lovelylalo said...

Sounds like a super weekend. I am normally not bummed out that it is Monday, but today is a whole different story! I don't know why really.

Catching up with g/f's is the best, especially on the beach.

Have an awesome week!

Kellan said...

Sounds like you had a FABULOUS weekend!

Hope you had a good day today - Kellan

kittyconcerto.com said...

I'm reading Jodi Picoult too! But its her Nineteen Minutes. About school shooting. hardcore, but of course written brilliantly. I just got done with her Plain Truth. Riveting.

Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Mmmm... I love summer squash.

Are you a big reader? You should check out Goodreads. Link in my right sidebar.

Wow. I sounded like comment spam. I swear, I'm not!! Goodreads is a very cool site if you enjoy reading!

Robyn said...

Love the relaxing weekends. Yesterday was almost perfect like that. Hope next weekend is just as nice.

Grandy said...

Glad you had such a great weekend. R& R ROCKS!! I'm coming over for enchiladas.

Rhea said...

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! I love Jodi Picoult, btw, she's an awesome author!