Friday, July 04, 2008


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek




I haven't taken many photos lately...I've been slacking, so for this week's Photostory Friday I decided to post some of our beautiful butterfly shots from Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory in Deerfield, Mass.


Daryl and I both were taking photos, so I'm not positive which ones I took, but you get the idea. We're still trying to learn the in's and out's of our Nikon, as well as how to actually take a decent picture (I suck at it! I always manage to cut off limbs/heads or it's too dark/light etc!) but one thing I know for sure: I. Love. It.











I loved this orange guy against the white of the flower.












This guy found a lovely purple flower to attend to.







This pretty guy was one of my favorites, even though he was not as colorful as his "brothers". I loved the translucent wings. I squealed like a child when he landed on me, I was so excited. And then right after this picture, a big, bossy bright butterfly flew onto my finger-perch and knocked sweet little Mr. Translucent away.







Here is your acrobat butterfly of the day! Again, another time when Big D probably thought he had a kid with him, and not a grown woman. ;-) I get easily excited.








We saw a ton with this pretty yellow, green black color combo. Very vibrant. We were at Magic Wings for about an hour and a half but I easily could have stayed all day. Big D, on the other hand, was ready to go after that hour and a half. Men, hmph!

14 comments:

Robyn said...

I love the translucent one too. SO pretty. You guys had awesome shots.

Alexandria said...

Beautiful pictures!! I would have being freaking out (with joy) if a butterfly landed on me like that.

lisaschaos said...

Those are all lovely shots! I love the beautiful colors in the fluterbys!

hotmamabeads said...

Ooooh! Ahhhhhh! Amazing!

carrie & troy keiser said...

cool butterflies.

Cecily R said...

April these are STUNNING.

Gracie would flip her lid if we took her to a place like that. What an amazing time!

Great PSF! So glad you play every week!

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

COOL Photos!!
I never see butterflies by us!!

angie said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Bren said...

Gorgeous butterfly shots! I shared them with my daughter who is in awe.

Jacki said...

There is just something so serene and relaxing about playing with butterflies and taking their pictures. Beautiful!

Jaina said...

Great photos! Those are absolutely beautiful! How neat that you have someplace like that so near you.

Stephanie said...

Wowowowow! You are getting GOOD with that camera! I love those!

Chris Osborne said...

I really like the upside down one.

Casey's trio said...

Great pictures!