Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I am IN LOVE.


In love with my new single-serving (K-cup) coffee maker. I touched upon it in my weekend recap post but I just had to share again.

It. Is. Awesome.

'Chele, I highly recomend it!

I admit, it is not the cheapest thing in the world, however, if you are an avid coffee drinker like myself and Big D? SO worth it. Our particular brand of machine (from BJ's) came with four or five boxes of the little K-cups...that equates to 88 K-cups essentially for free! I had seen this same machine at B,B and B for more money and not as many free K-cups, so I was excited to get a deal. I love a deal. Also, this machine is not that big, in my humble opinion. We had a Bunn coffee maker (another GREAT coffee machine but it's just not necessary for us to brew an entire pot of coffee and you kind of have to with that machine or else in the future when you went to make coffee, there may not have been enough hot water in the reservoir). Anyway, for someone with a tiny kitchen, I realize the limits on space that some people have in their kitchen. And I don't feel like it takes up too much space on my countertop.

Anyway, I've tried a couple of different brands/kinds and so far my current favorite is Gloria Jean's Hazelnut. Yum. Also this morning I had a Kona Blend...SO good (can't remember what brand it was though, sorry). So come on over peeps! We can each all have a different flavor cup of coffee. Exciting.

P.S. In case anyone is wondering how my latte-maker is doing? Sadly, t is going to be returned to B,B and B soon. It worked great about six times or so...and then the last time I tried to use it? Let's just say, we almost had a steam-explosion in the kitchen. *Ahem*

11 comments:

April in CT said...

A friend of ours has one and we had hot chocolate after dinner one evening. So good and just way too easy!

They also make a refillable insert you can use. I've read mixed reviews about them, but you could use your own coffee thus giving you more choices and saving a little bit of money. I've seen them at Wal-Mart and I think they run about $10.

April said...

Ooh thanks, April! I didn't know that about the refillable insert! I'm sure once the "newness" wears off, I won't mind making my own coffee in it. Thanks for the tip.

April said...

P.S. Do you have a blog?? I'd love to read it, if so! (I clicked on your name but it says your profile is not public)

April in CT said...

You're very welcome! After having the hot chocolate that evening I looked at those coffee makers at BJ's and at how much the little cups are and thought "There just has to be a cheaper way!". LOL So I got to looking online and found the refillable cup. If you go to Amazon and do a search for it you can read some reviews. Some people had issues with them or found it to be a pain to rinse the grounds out of the cup with easy use (come on now..how lazy are we these days?! hehe).

I actually don't have a blog. I just started getting addicted to them a few months ago when someone told me about The Pioneer Womans blog and I've spent countless hours ever since adding to my google reader. It's like a domino effect! I find one I like and it has links so I click those and next thing I know a week has passed by...or at least it feels that way.

I read through some of your past entries and it's pretty neat to know some of the places you mention. We've only lived here for 9 months so I'm still getting to know the area.

I'm a little late, but congrats to you and Big D on your nuptials! You two look so happy together and that's great to see! :)

kittyconcerto.com said...

Oooooh, fancy schmancy! And I love love love Kona coffee. We had one everyday when we were in Hawaii on our honeymoon. Yum!

Poltzie said...

I got The Hub one of these for Christmas (not the K cup kind though because we always bring back tons of coffee from Nicaragua when we go) because I don't drink coffee and he does. He loves it!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

ohhhh nice!

Jaina said...

That's too bad about the latte maker, but this new one sounds perfect for you.

Robyn said...

That would be great if I actually drank coffee on a regular basis, since trying to brew 2 cups is nearly impossible in a maker.

the cubicle's backporch said...

I'm guessing that your coffee maker is a tad fancier (and probably used a couple times more) than Mr. C and I's $4.00 coffee maker. heh.

I've always been afraid to start drinking coffee in the mornings. I'm a bad morning person as it is, so NEEDING coffee would probably put me in an even worse category!

Julie said...

Congrats on the new toy....

I so want one of those- I love the idea of a perfect cup everytime!! My MIL has one and I use it everytime I go. MY bro also got one, but he bought the tassimo. I love that you can make lattes and cappucinos with his. But I do have to say for a regular cup- the K cups are better. My MIL aslo has the refillable filter thingee, I can inquire whether they like it or not. (I like that option)