Tuesday, July 01, 2008

We had a great weekend.

Both Big D and I only worked a half day on Friday and we ended up leaving for Maine sometime around 2:30 pm. The ride up wasn't so bad except for some unexpected traffic that tacked on an additional 25-30 minutes to our 3 hour-ish ride. We got to Carsa and Allen's around dinnertime. After the kids went to bed we had some margaritas by the fire in their back yard..unfortunately the stinkin' rainy weather put a stop to that. Saturday was a barbecue to celebrate Carsa's birthday (which actually is next week) and we had birthday cake (and more margaritas! LOL) and even some toasted marshmallows. It was a late crazy night by the campfire again...in the on again and off again rain. And it was so chilly! Crazy, considering we were only 3 hours from home where I was told it was disgustingly muggy all weekend! Anyway Sunday was a quiet day for me, Carsa (who wasn't feeling well) and the boys while Big D and Allen went to the Nascar race in New Hampshire! They had a great time despite massive sunburn and sweating like crazy due to the insane humidity. All in all it was a great visit, and Daryl had his hands full with Braeden who just LOVES to play with him. We constantly heard, "Hey Big D! Hey Big Daryl, play with me!" LOL I loved it. And yesterday we left Maine (coincidentally as the sun came out and it turned into a beautiful day) around 11:30 am to try to beat any work-traffic. We made great time getting home and I was able to unpack.

I feel like I'm fighting off a cold though, which stinks. (could be from sitting out in the rain?) We're going to upper state NY this coming weekend to visit Big D'S mom and stepdad so I can't get sick!!

Here are some pics from this weekend:


Here is Daryl smooching big boy, Chayse, who is almost one year old!



It's story-time! Big D is telling Chayse, Carsa and Braeden a bed-time story.



Me and Carsa, drinking (what else?) margaritas!



Cutie-pie Braeden and I--he is almost four years old and SO damn smart it kills me!


The guys hanging out Saturday night (we were in their huge garage since it was still raining).

Chayse, the cutest little stinker, with his big eyes (and boo-boo on his head!)


Braeden with his best friend, Daryl. He even said this weekend, "Hey Daryl? I love you!"Aaawwww.....


Brotherly Love


Carsa and I--love that crazy girl to pieces!!!



9 comments:

jules said...

Glad you enjoyed your weekend!!
Big D looks like he is going to be a great dad. The boys are adorable.

Poltzie said...

Yep, that Big D is going to be a great dad, now hurry up and make a baby for him (I know, I know)!
Glad you had a great weekend :)

Stephanie said...

Looks like a really fun weekend!! I cannot wait to get away on a mini vacation. Those pictures are great :)

ALF said...

I'm happy to see that other people hang out in their garage, not just us - it makes me feel better about myself.

kittyconcerto.com said...

Ok how crazy cute are all of you?! Adorable! I love love love guys when they play with kids. Nothing sweeter. Glad you had a nice weekend away. But I'm glad your back too. I miss ya!

Melissa said...

This is the first time I've ever seen Braeden spelled like my BFF's sons name. (Does that make sense?)

I'm glad y'all had a good time!

Robyn said...

Too bad about the rain, It looks like you still had a good time. Hopefully you don't get sick.

krissy said...

Your boobs are hot!
That sounded weird to anyone else but in regards to the comment on my blog......your boobs are hot!!!

You crack me up little lady.

photogirl218 said...

We had fun! Hopefully we can get together again before winter. Love you guys.