Monday, July 28, 2008

Well I guess today is a bit better than Friday. The day from hell.

On the kitty front, I made Bailey a vet appointment for this Thursday morning. I'm eager to see what (if anything) is physically wrong with her. Is it bad, that I hope for something to be wrong? Only becuz if she is just using the rest of the house as her kitty litter box for NO reason, I don't think I'll have a good enough of an argument to keep her. Big D has definitely had it. And we definitely can't afford to keep replacing furniture (and carpet!) as she continues on her peeing-warpath.

I'm not doing a menu plan this week becuz I still need to grocery shop and I'm sure no matter what I say we'll eat, it will change. I am dieting (once AGAIN) becuz this morning I got on the scale and literally burst into tears. Not good. So I'm definitely going to be a little more rigid with my eating habits right now until I can feel that I am making at least a little bit of progress. And considering I'll be putting on a tea-length, strapless bridesmaid dress in mid-October (less than three months away) and standing up with a bunch of skinny-freaking-minnies...well the time has come, people. I had planned on going straight to the gym after work--my clothes are in the truck and everything!--until I saw my calendar here at work that says in big, bold letters: "DENTIST-CLEANING 7:00 PM". Ugh. And let me make it clear that I never would have made a Monday dentist appointment (Mondays suck ENOUGH) but they rescheduled my appointment that was supposed to be last week. Those buggars.

*BIG (explosive) SIGH*

I also want to apologize...I have not been up on my blog reading and commenting lately and I am sorry about that. Life has been chaotic lately, work and personal--not to mention the fact that I've been feeling pretty down lately--and so when I've had a little bit of free time at home lately, the last thing I wanted to do was hop on the computer (since I'm on one nine hours a day at work). So I PROMISE to try to get back into the swing of it this week AND I promise to acknowledge the few awards you lovely ladies have bestowed upon me...I will try my best to pass them on!

Peace out for now.

15 comments:

Kathryn said...

I am not very happy with my weight these days either. Ugh. I've up'd my running to 5 days a week but I really haven't seen the difference yet. I'm trying to watch what I eat, so WTH?? So frustrating!

Good luck, and I hope you have a great week. :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Here's to getting the crappy part of the week out of the way on Monday which wasn't going to be a good day anyway, because let's face it: it's Monday.

Amy said...

I wish I could send you some weight loss vibes, but mine have stalled. Unless you want to try the fat smash diet, which helped me lost 5 pounds in 10 days last summer (okay so 2 were in water, but still it was 3), three earlier this year and, well, none earlier this month. Unless I gained a pound or two around my birthday.

Heather said...

hang in there kiddo. i feel your pain about being the not skinny one in an upcoming wedding party so that is what got me motivated again so i know it will work for you!
good luck. and even if you do not read us and comment to us all the time we still love you and know you love us. heck we have all been there at least once if not more than once.

Poltzie said...

Aww, good luck at the dentist! Hopefully life slows down soon!

Stephanie said...

A dentist appt on a Monday? You poor thing! Speaking of, I need to make my own appt soon...

I'm sorry you have been down. Hopefully things turn around for you soon girl!

Krystyn said...

I hope you figure your kitty out!

And, thanks for the reminder that I need to change my dentist appt!

Helmey said...

hang in there!

Robyn said...

I actually am one of the few that don't mind the dentist.
I don't know how you did menu plan to begin with I never know what I want for dinner.

jen @ The cubicle's backporch said...

I hear ya about the weight. If you would've told me five years ago that I would weigh what I do, I would've told you to get the f out. ugh.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your cat!! And I hope this week gets better for you. :)

ALF said...

I need to buy a scale so that I can get on top of my weight. It's constantly on my mind so I need to do something about it!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

GoteeMan said...

What happens if you cage the kitty for periods of time, to see if this is a thing she can control? Often, when they do that, if it's not a condition or illness, it can be a willful thing - ie. being upset about something, and acting out...

I used to stay with some friends, and when they would leave town for more than a day or two, their cat would shit on everything it could find... only happened when they were out of town for extended trips - like he was pissed off at them for leaving him there...

Good thing people aren't like that!!! hehe, or maybe some ARE...

J/

Trooper Thorn said...

Why do we have to grow up and start looking after ourselves, animals, other people and OUR TEETH? Doesn't seem fair.

I'm glad your brother decked that kid. I wish my son would take a swing for his mom and sister every now and then.

Chele76 said...

I hope all goes well with B-girl's appointment. I can only imagine your frustration and heartbreak with this.

I can TOTALY relate to the being busy and having a hard time getting into posting. I go through those phases as well.

Jaina said...

I hope things go well at the vet!
I SERIOUSLY need to join you on the weight loss thing. Maybe my goal will be to join Curves this weekend and start going Monday morning.
Also, I get ya on the being behind in reading and commenting, I just finished a documentation project, so I have time to get some catch up done.