Sunday, July 06, 2008

What a great weekend!

Big D and I left CT on Friday, July 4th, and headed to Burnt Hills, NY (which is close to Saratoga Springs, NY...beautiful area!) to visit with his mom and step-dad. We always have a fabulous and relaxing visit, and I always am reminded how much I want to live on more of a country-ish street/town than what I live on now! I loved hearing the crickets, and chirping of the birds, the breeze rustling through the tall wild flowers and grass they were growing for hay...as opposed to the sound of ghetto music pumping out heavy bass at nine thirty p.m. on a week night, or neighbors arguing one house over, or punky kids racing pocket bikes around the block repeatedly. *SIGH*

Anyway, we walked (and ran) the doggies through the orchards, and also took a fun ride around orchards on Daryls's step-dad's quad. We watched a lot of tv, read a lot of magazines, played Wii, and went to breakfast.



Even Tucker and Daisy enjoyed the nature all around them.



And then passed out after having so much fun!







Our view of one section of the orchard, from the house .



Not only was there apple trees everywhere, but tons of hay fields. Big D took a pic of me in the hay that I planned on posting, until I looked at it.

I looked freaking pregnant.

And I'm obviously not. Ugh.



Everywhere, the view was amazing. I already miss the peacefulness and the sounds of nature that we don't really ever get to hear here in the 'city'.


Oh, and my mother-in-law, Dory, and step-father-in-law, John, introduced us to Wii. Holy crap, that was fun! and I seriously kicked John and Big D's ass with the boxing. I rock. (This shot below is Big D and Dory, bowling.)


One picture of me, where I hopefully don't look preggo. We hung out and chilled on the deck pretty often.



Big D smiled and laughed an AWFUL lot this weekend. He loves visiting his mama. :-)


Check out the baby apples! Grow, baby apples, grow! We'll be back in the fall to pick you!

We took the pups for a fun walk through the orchard. Tucker even got to run OFF his leash (first time ever) and had a blast.
Of course my poor chubby Daisy is seriously not used to this kind of exercise and was so over-heated at one point that I made Daryl carry her. Poor thing.






Okay, and now onto a meal plan for the week. Hopefully we'll stick to this...I can't 100% guarantee it will happen on the exact day it's supposed to but as long as we eat what i planned for, I'll be happy!

Monday: Hot dogs, Annie's Mac and Cheese

Tuesday: Grilled, marinated chicken breasts, sauteed summer squash and zucchini, and maybe steamed green beans.

Wednesday: Using leftover chicken from last night, Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas



Friday: Whole grain pasta with sauce and possibly green salads on the side.




21 comments:

Krystyn said...

Good luck sticking to your menu.

Glad you had a good weekend.

Jaina said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Wii is AWESOME! I want one so badly, but for now I'll settle for playing at my friend's place.

Poltzie said...

Aww, looks so fun!
Love the pictuer of poor chubby Daisy the best :)

Rhea said...

Glad you had a relaxing fun visit with the family in the country. Every time I go to the country I want to buy land and move out there also. It's awesome for the dogs too. They get running freedom!!

(and, I think you look great!)

photogirl218 said...

My cousins introduced me to wii when we were visiting and I totally loved bowling. I kicked their butts the first time I played! Like the M & M's, and I see my mac and ham is on your menu, LOL! miss ya guys.

Melissa said...

It really was a great weekend, huh? I love living close enough to the city but far enough to hear the crickets chirp...it won't be much longer, I'm sure.

Wii has a game called WiiFit...I work out and do yoga on it quite often. Gotta get yourself a Wii, girl!

beth said...

Looks like a great weekend. Those pictures make me want to more to the country and just let the kids run, run, run.

kittyconcerto.com said...

I love that first pic! Too adorable. Glad you had a great weekend. I totally want a Wii, mostly to play rock band. Rock on!

angie said...

Just so you know....I now cannot visit your blog without thinking about your creepy neighborhood. :)

Lisa Ann said...

Wow everything looks so yummy!

Kel said...

Awesome pics...looks like you guys had a great time! I love the 4th, it is typically a lot of fun with my family!
~K

Steph said...

Looks like a good time, I am going to be up in that area of NY the weekend of the 19th Brant Lake to be exact!

Kellan said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Fabulous pictures and a wonderful place to visit - glad you all had a good time.

Take care - Kellan

Stephanie said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! I love the baby apples. You'll definitely have to take the "after" picture in the Fall.

Flea said...

Mmmm. Mac n cheese. :)

Looks like a great time was had dby all. I know what you mean about wanting a slice of country. We lived in a similar type environment in Florida for years before moving to a culdesac with green space behind it. So peaceful, even near the city. It can happen!

Sarah said...

I love Annie's Mac & Cheese!

tricki_nicki said...

You guys are so cute. I bet you're going to grow darling babies!

Chele76 said...

I'm DYING to get a wii....

looks like you had a nice peaceful weekend.

Dan Mega said...

Looks so relaxing.

Robyn said...

Sound like you had an awesome weekend. I love that photo of Tucker and Daisy, too sweet.

Cecily R said...

FAbulous fabulous shots!! I don't know why, but that top one makes me laugh. It looks like they are waiting for something really cool to happen...