Friday, August 08, 2008

I seem to be having a trend lately of totally yucky Fridays.

Last night Big D and I got into a HUUUUUUGE argument (i.e. yelling match) that stemmed from a misunderstanding AND the fact that men and women totally "hear" different things...even if it's the same statement. Sometimes I wonder if we are speaking a foreign language between men and women! Grrrrrrr....

So this morning I went to work really down and grumpy and then pepole at work started to irritate me and the anxiety began. Then two clients reamed me out on the phone (unfairly I might add) and for like the fourth time that moring, I started crying. Decided the best move for me would be to take the rest of the day off as a sort of "mental health" day. Heh.

So I came home, washed dishes, did some laundry and had tacos for lunch. Nothing makes you feel better than delicious food! :-) Then Big D and I "made up" which was a huge weight off of my shoulders. I do not like fighting with him nor do I like unresolved fights...it eats away at me.

Anway, looking forward to later. Going over to Keri's tonight for junk food (I made my yummy Death by Chocolate and used peanut butter cups instead of heath bar this time.) and the Olympics. That silly girl loves her Olympics!! LOL

Tomorow Big D and I are going to look at pop-up campers. We're not ready to buy one yet but I love to window-shop so off we will go. In the evening we're meeting up with Joe and Erin for dinner. We don't see them much more than once maybe every four or five months or so, so we love to spend time with them! What are YOUR plans this weekend? Anything fun going on??

p.s. crazy weather going on! It was just hailing (like dime-sized hail) then switched over to hard, slanting rain and wind. I was nervously eyeing the power lines that lead to my house, but now the winds have died down and it's thunder and lightening up a storm. (no pun intended). And weirdly enough, the rain is slowing down and the sky is brightening up already. Weird!

12 comments:

Bekah said...

I LOVE STORMS. I didnt mean to say that in caps, but apparently i LOVE them. anyway...

sorry you day was a bummer, im jealous of your tacos!

weekend - meh. that wedding, im still nervous for it. the rehearsal is tonight..and eek i dont know what to wear. go figure.

anyway..long comment.

have a good weekend!

April in CT said...

Glad you two were able to make up and hope that is in indication of a wonderful weekend to come.

Enjoy the camper window shopping. :)

Krystyn said...

I hope the rest of your weekend goes a lot better!

And, tacos sound yummy....and cake! Enjoy.

Kel said...

I'm sorry you had a crappy friday... I hope your weekend goes better!
~K

Julie said...

Sorry you had a bad day, I hope you guys have fun tonight.

I am like you, I hate having a fight unresolved.

Robyn said...

Hopefully tonite will make up for the morning. You should check out the want ads as people finish camping and may not want to store theirs because they want something else and get a good deal.

Kathryn said...

What an emotional day. Wow. Glad it all turned out well.
Have a great weekend!

kittyconcerto.com said...

I hate it when me and Mr. Cat have *tiff* (I don't like to use the word fight. sounds so harsh) It eats away at me too.

Hope your weekend goes smoothly. Big Hugs!

Grandy said...

Sneaking over to say HI as I'm hoping you're having a glorious weekend. I'm watching my sister's 3 boys this weekend. This is FUN!! :)

Flea said...

It rained here tonight for the longest time and it was LOVELY.

Plans for the weekend? Work and sleep. My weekend starts Monday. Enjoy yours!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Sounds like Florida weather!

Jaina said...

So I'm WAY behind, but I'm sorry your Fridays have been sucky. I vote that tomorrow goes wonderfully for you!