Sunday, August 10, 2008

It totally sucks that the weekend is coming to a close already.

I just wanna throw a tantrum. Is that juvenile of me? Sorry.

My weekend was pretty decent. I had a fun time at Keri's on Friday night with her, her hubby, Michele and a couple that Keri and her hubby are friends with. We watched the opening of the Olymipcs and had lots of junk food, and pizza and wine and then my fabulously delicious Death by Chocolate. Poor Big D was working overtime so he never made it to Keri's house. He ended up getting home about the same time I did, at midnight. Saturday we got up around nine thirty, which was heavenly, and then decided to go browse some camper places. We grabbed some iced coffee and went to our first stop, a camper place about fifteen minutes from home. First of all, I felt like a juicy steak that was being eyeballed by a shark. Those people want the SALE, man. We explained that we had NO INTENTION of buying yet, we were just looking and doing some homework. Our plan is to buy the camper in the spring. The salesman was like, "Oh no, you'll be buying one today." Um, no asshole, we won't. And then once we drilled it through their heads that we really weren't ready to purchase yet, that we just had some questions about different options, the salesman couldn't answer any questions and basically abandoned us.

Our next stop was a camper place that is actually in Mass. It was a huge place! And the salesman was awesome. He was a friendly, helpful and very sweet man (who, until he mentioned a "wife" I seriously considered trying to hook him up on a date with my mom! LOL) who showed us everything we wanted to see, including stuff we never could have afforded but that I wanted to see anyway. Cuz I'm nosey. "You can always dream!" He told us with a smile. Some of these motor coaches were nicer than my HOUSE. It was insane! We're talking master bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms, islands in the kitchen, cherry wood cabinetry, leather couches and chairs, corian (sp?) countertops, the works! It was crazy, but I had a blast fantasizing! And we also got more food for thought about what we could afford and what we wanted. Anyway, after our window shopping, we headed home to get ready for our dinner out with Joe and Erin. We enjoyed our margaritas and dinner (I had super yummy fajita quesadillas) and then stopped for Starbucks afterwards. It was fun and relaxing.

Today, Big D and I went out to breakfast, where supposedly some dude was checking my fat self out while we waited for our waitress to put down silverware and napkins on our table (I was completely obvlious of course, cuz I hadn't even showered and had no makeup on and certainly didn't think I looked halfway attractive...maybe it was my big rack that caught his attention) and Big D made sure to give him some dirty looks. Then we ran out and saw a few more campers, then headed home to veg out. My mom came over for a visit for a few hours and we watched the Jaws marathon on t.v. Anyway, now I'm sitting here feeling cranky about going to work tomorrow. Trying to distract myself though. I want to enjoy the rest of my Sunday and not think about WORK yet!!

9 comments:

Robyn said...

The sweet guy knew what he was doing, since you'll remember that he was the nice one and come back. I don't want to go to work tomorrow either, but I have tues and weds off so one day won't kill me.

Krystyn said...

It sounds like a good weekend, to me, though! Lots of time out with the hubs and friends..and margaritas! I hope you had one for me.

Julie said...

When I was working, I would never let Jim say the "W" word on Sundays. But I think Mondays suck in general, I hate them still even though I don't have to get up and go into work. Just gotta get my rear in gear & Pack!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Leave it to the rack...it always keeps 'em coming back? ;) LOL!

The Cubicle's Backporch said...

I hate overly pushy sales people who try to tell you when you can afford something. GRR. And they have some AWESEOME RVs at the RV& Boat Show in Louisville around February or so. One RV had a Corvette that it carried in the bottom half of the RV. It was pretty freakin' amazing.

Bekah said...

see why arent more salesmen nice? Im so much more likely to buy from someone who didnt push me to buy! i never understood this concept, even when i worked in sales

ALF said...

Sometimes it's perfectly acceptable to throw a tantrum.

kittyconcerto.com said...

Hey I don't care if I look totally crappy when someone is checking me out. I just think "heck ya!" LOL.

Jaina said...

Sounds like a good weekend.