Monday, August 18, 2008

Morning guys and gals. It's freakin' Monday again. I swear the week feels like it lasts for 30 days and yet with the weekend I can sneeze and it's DONE.



My weekend was pretty busy but in a good way. Friday night my bestest girl, April #2 (I call her 'Mini-Me' heh heh...) came over for some girl time and cheering me up. She did a fabulous job and I ate way too much pizza. We talked for hours and made plans for the next time we would hang. We talked about life and how sometimes it can suck. And how sometimes things start to just go right (her and her hubby are both very excited to be going back to school, her for medical assistant and him for culinary school. And he is now a US Citizen! Yay! I'm so proud of them!).



Saturday morning we had a guy come to give us an estimate to pave our driveway. It was going to cost way more than we want to spend right now so even though I would love to have it done before the winter, I'm thinking we might have to wait till the spring time. So instead we went and spent a shit-load of money on a bunch of "stuff" (don't worry, I got a very generous thousand dollar gift from someone recently so it was "fun money"!!) that we have been wanting but up till this point could not afford. We went to "The Pit" at Bob's Discount Furniture. The Pit is where they sell items that were either floor models or pieces that have a scratch or tear in them. We found a chocolate brown, velvety feeling reclining love seat for...get this...only $299! Then after that we headed to Best Buy where I found my one true love (sorry Big D, I mean my second true love). Can you really you be in love with a vacuum? A vacuum that was on sale for a hundred bucks cheaper than usual? And not just any vacuum but THE vacuum. I may have to vie for Dyson's affections from Big D. He has now vacuumed the living carpet seven times. Since Saturday. And then immediately steam cleaned the carpet. And then vacuumed again. It's become an obsession. Anyway, Saturday we were supposed to be going to a picnic for Daryl's dad's family but I had cramps and was not feeling it. So we vegged for a couple of hours before our evening plans. We went to dinner with Joe and Erin and I had a very yummy summery-tasting sangria. Then we saw The Pineapple Express at the movies. It was a fun, stress-relieving night and I enjoyed it immensely!






Sunday we got up around eight, got some Starbucks and then off to grocery shop at our favorite warehouse store, BJ's. Then it was on to pick up the love seat. Yippy!! I LOVE IT! And I'm so psyched to have enough seating for when we have company over instead of me and Big D usually having to sit on the floor. Saturday night my cell phone broke so Sunday we had to go and spend MORE money (are we sensing a pattern here?) and I got my new phone, a Blackberry Curve. So far, I like it, but I hate the process of getting used to a new phone all over again. Daryl made deliciously yummy homemade bacon cheeseburgers for dinner for us, my mom and Lorelei. Our company stayed an hour or two then left. big D and I got some ice cream afterwards (yes, i comfort-ate this weekend) when I started feeling down and teary for the first time all weekend. I finally turned in around 11:30-ish p.m. and had a nice sleep-filled evening.







And this picture has absolutely nothing to do with my weekend but I just love it...here is my Bailey.












16 comments:

Bekah said...

wow he can come vacuum my living room if he gets bored with yours!

sounds like a good weekend!

Jen @ The Cubicle's Backporch said...

Your post makes me want some ice cream? I'm not really sure where that craving came from.

I love the cat picture too... that was a great catch. It looks like he's licking licking his lips!

Kel said...

I love the pic of the cat...now if only we could continue the weekend into the week I'd be ok. HAHA Yes, it goes too quick and Mondays just aren't any fun! Hope your week is better!
~K

Melissa said...

I have to say that my Dyson makes me vacuum a lot more than I used to. I love that little bugger!!

Sounds like y'all had a busy and productive weekend. And don't even get me started about how short weekends are these days, sheesh! :)

Julie said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend, junk food and shopping!!

I saw 'bob's Pit' for the 1st time a few wks ago..I couldn't believe the prices.

Glad you had a nice weekend!!

Tabitha said...

Sounds like a very busy weekend!!
Pizza and icecream sounds great!!
I have a dyson too ~ love it!
Glad that you are feeling better now.
love and hugs XXXX

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

ha ha - I have a Dyson - do you think he can come over here and vacuum for me???

Krystyn said...

Yay for new stuff.

Does Big D chuckle at the thought of BJ's? Mine does!!

ALF said...

A $1000 gift card - WOW! What fun that must have been to spend.

Morgan said...

HAHA love the cat pic!!

Cecily R said...

So glad you had a better weekend than your week. Love the cat snap!!

Oh, and sorry I haven't been around much. Not sleeping is going to kill me.

Flea said...

I love your kitty!

lovelylalo said...

Great picture of the cat and always nice to have good friends to come over and cheer you up and/or just hang out.

Sounds like you had a rockin weekend....I am back and alive in the blogging world. So much to catch up on!

Missed y'all! LOL

Robyn said...

You scored a great deal on the love seat.
Sounds like a busy but fun weekend. I know what you mean when they go way too fast.

kittyconcerto.com said...

Girl, you know how much I love me a Dyson! Although with all of our cats, the animal one is the ONE for us! haha.

And we just got iphones, and it IS a process getting used to a new phone. cool and all, but still a process.

Sounds like a delicious weekend!

Jaina said...

Sounds like another great weekend. Yay for generous fun money.