Friday, August 15, 2008

Today is way better than yesterday.

While I still have (very) mild cramps and I'm still (extremely) disappointed, my recently crushed spirit seems to have gotten a little bit of a recharge this afternoon.

I've got two shots of espresso (from an iced caramel macchiatto. The Starbucks barista must have seen the forlorn look on my face cuz she offered me a free shot of espresso in my drink!) coursing eagerly through my system, deliciously pretty hot pink toenails from my self-care pedicure a few minutes ago, plans with my bestest girly, April #2, to hang out tonight while Big D is working and we will chil, bitch about life and eat pizza to our heart's content...AND an appointment with my favorite massage therapist, my good friend Sarah, next week.

I'm making it ALL about self-care and happiness and healthiness from here on out. I can't guarantee that I won't have my moments of "poor me" and "why??" in the future but I hope to make them less and less. I have to start taking better care of myself. And by taking care of myself I mean my body, mind and spirit. Not just my body. The body is the "easy" part.

Thank you all so, so much for your fabulous and much-needed words of wisdom. You have no idea how much they have helped to boost my mood today. (along with this kick-ass pedicure)

Tonight I plan on giving Big D a couple of extra squeezes for his sweet and caring self the past few nights. Just a look from his understanding warm brown eyes has been enough sometimes, and yet he's given me so much more than that, even though he too was disappointed with the turn of events. He's made it all about me the past two nights, about what I want to eat for dinner, what I want to watch on the telly...it's those simple things...but they helped make it so much more bearable and I'm grateful for that! Being loved totally rocks.

16 comments:

Bekah said...

glad you are having a better day! So you are saying I should get pedicure to make up for this gosh-awful day? haha i just might.

I like reading about your sweet relationship with Big D. Makes me happy!

Jen @ The Cubicle's Backporch said...

I'm glad to hear that things are a little brighter today. It's funny how in a relationship it's the small things that matter the most. :)
And I so want to get a pedicure. And a manicure. AND a massage.

Chele76 said...

I'm really glad to hear that today is bringing you more smiles.

Kel said...

I'm so glad you are having a much better day (and I bet your pedi looks awesome!)

Sounds like a little love is doing the job...D sounds like quite a catch!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
~K

Kori said...

So glad today is better for you. I knew you would bounce back with a vingance.

April in CT said...

Very glad to hear things are going better for you. An emotional funk can be so hard to come out of, but it certainly sounds like you've got a great support system to help you with it and the right ideas about taking care of yourself.

Have a great weekend (maybe it won't rain the whole time!!).

GoteeMan said...

so sorry for your disappointment, and glad things are brighter today... it's a beautiful thing to be in a secure relationship where you know you are loved...

J/

Tabitha said...

Hi April ~ I am glad that today has been a better day for you. I am so sorry that you did not get your dream this time ~ but you will get there ~ so don't give up hope!!
Sending you lots of love and a big hug XXXXX

Krystyn said...

I'm so glad today is going better for you and you are brightened by the plans ahead.

Kathryn said...

You have a wonderful attitude and are doing exactly the right thing. Pamper yourself! Have a fabulous weekend! :)

angie said...

I was so happy to read this...an overall well being IS so important! Have fun this weekend.:)

Julie said...

TGIF!!!
Have a slice for me.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Robyn said...

Have a great night of pizza a girl talk. I'm glad things are looking up, sometimes a pedicure is all it takes.

ALF said...

Way to look on the bright side!

kittyconcerto.com said...

Big D is scoring big these days. I'm glad that you have such a loving partner to share not only the love and good times, but to be a support during these hard growing pains.

With what's going on with Mr. Cat and I, we look at each other and resolve that it will only make us stronger. And I know that's happening with you two as well.

Big Hugs.

Jaina said...

I'm glad to hear you in better spirits, you are lucky to have such a wonderful man. :)