Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Well, I'm finally checking in on the 'ol blog world. Sorry for my horribly depressing last post. When I go back and reread stuff like that I'm all like, "Eww! Keep that shit up and no one is gonna read your blog anymore!"



Today was better than yesterday. While I'm still not happy with some changes going on at my job, I am a little less stressed out. Slowly making it through the mountain of paperwork required by the new company.



Not much else new going on in my life right now. You could say that its been pretty damn boring! I did go shopping with 'Chele last Saturday and that was fun. I bought my copy of Breaking Dawn (which I'm now finished with...let me know if anyone wants to chat about it! I'm curious to see what every one's thoughts are!) and also a couple of tee's from Old Navy that were on sale for eight bucks each. The rest of the weekend was pretty tame because Big D was on call so we couldn't' really go anywhere. Watched a lot of tv, and on Sunday stayed in my pj's all day, under a blanket, reading. Loved it. Let's see, what else? I ordered my bridesmaid dress. It's cute. Short (tea length), strapless and it's in a spice-orange color (deep, don't picture bright orange) with mocha trim. It's perfect for Autumn (this is an October wedding). Also we are already planning the shower. I can't meet up with the other girls this weekend (they just asked me today if I could meet this weekend) cuz I already have plans but I told the MOH to keep in contact with me so I can help out any way i can.

Oh! Good news, I lost four pounds! But granted it's four pounds from the disgusting ten pounds I have packed on within the last six months or so. Major ugh. But I'm not going to complain. I just need to keep up the momentum!!!

P.S. Big D and I have been talking about buying a pop-up camper (used) and I'm SO excited at the idea! I love camping and I think a pop-up camper would make it even more convenient (to bring the dogs). Plus it will be a cheaper vacation (since we're totally po'). I'll keep you posted!

21 comments:

April in CT said...

Sounds like things are going better for you! I hope things at your job go well with the changes. A place I worked at many years ago was bought by a large company and it's definitely hard to adjust.

For some reason I've had the urge to go camping lately and I'm not even a camping kinda girl. We have a teeny tiny pop-up camper, but we've decided to sell it and just go with tent camping instead since we don't go often. It will be much easier next time we move if we don't have a pop-up camper to tow so that was a deciding factor too.

The Captain's Wife said...

Pop up's make it easier not only for the dogs...but for the future baby as well :)

Robyn said...

ooh get the pop up. I think I'd enjoy camping so much more with a pop up. Though we just got a new tent last year which was a huge upgrade, we can actually stand in it and fit more than just the air matress in it.

Melissa said...

Wow, congrats on the weight!

Good luck with the camper...just the thought of camping gives me the cold sweats...

Poltzie said...

Congrats on the weight loss that is awesome!
Don't worry about the bitching, we all do it (and I would never, ever stop reading your blog), it can't always be rainbows and sunshine!

tricki_nicki said...

I so want to get a trailer for camping, it would be sooooo much easier with the kiddos!

Sorry the job's been poopy lately... :(

Cecily R said...

We don't even have a tent with all the tent posts. A pop up sounds WAY fancy!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better about things. And that you went shopping!

Congrats on the weight!! Woo hoo!

Bekah said...

oooh camping! i want to come!

PS. i gave you an award over on my blog

Stephanie said...

Good Job on losing 4 lbs! If I could just do that without gaining it back the next week I'd be good to go.

And sometimes life is best when it's boring :) I like mine that way!

ALF said...

Horray for feeling better!

Don't you just love sales at Old Navy?

I am on a mission to lose 20 lbs. I far I have lost 0. Damn it.

Jaina said...

Congrats on the four pounds! That's exciting! Your dress sounds beautiful, I hope you'll post pictures sometime. :)

Laura B. said...

Thanks for swinging by my blog! I will definitely have to catch up on yours as well!

Good luck on the work front...I know change can be a real PITA.

Steph said...

Anytime the scale reads less then the last time I was on it I am happy! Good for you.

Kel said...

Glad you are feeling better...life can be pretty sucky when the job changes are coming, but try not to let it get to you too much.

As for the camping, we just spent the past weekend with the kido's in a tent...it was hot but overall not bad (considering I'm not much of a camper). I think the pop-up thing would be pretty cool.
~K

Kel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
krissy said...

I don't care if you cry in your blog every single day. I will always be a reader. Especially when I have the support right back at me. You know I love you so no worries there my sweet friend.

Wished we lived closer together. That is the only thing that sucks about blogging. I want to give an actual hug to so many but until I win the lottery....I won't be able to do that. But if I won the lottery....I would send all of us to Florida (Dysfunctional would love that) and we would have a bloggy week....courtesy of my rich ass.

But I don't play the lottery...so don't get your hopes up, k????

Hugs sweetheart.

Morgan said...

Camping has never gotten along with me too much...the last time i went i thought i saw a snake outside the tent and refused to sleep in it and slept in the vehicle! Oh and the bridesmaid dress sounds beautiful!

Kellan said...

A pop-up camper is a great idea - how fun!

Have a good evening - Kelaln

Rhea said...

Congrats on losing four pounds! That's awesome!

How exciting about the pop-up camper. Hope that works out.

The good thing about having a few bad days is that you generally start to feel better and have some good days. I hope.

Julie said...

I'm dying to start reading those books...

A"new" camper cool. Camping sounds like so much fun, not sure I could do it though.

congrats!! 4lbs woo hoo!!

OHmommy said...

Spiced orange with mocha trim???

Sounds delicious. You will take pictures?