Thursday, August 21, 2008

Winding down my work week! Today is my "Friday" since I'm off from work tomorrow. WOO HOO! I just hope the day goes by quickly...unlike most Fridays that drag-ass!

Today I'm leaving work early at 4:00pm (yes, 4:00pm is "early" considering I'm normally there until 6:00pm) and I'll head home to meet up with Big D so we can get on the road by about 4:30-4:45ish. Daryl is driving us to the Cape which is about a three hour ride from here. We're already packed and I cleaned up the house and put clean sheets on the bed for Lorelei who is house/doggie-sitting for us this weekend. I just have to vacuum the living room with my fabulous new Dyson before Lorelei gets here. She is allergic to cats (and yet she still house sits for us! What a saint!) AND the last time she was here was after Daryl vacuumed seven times in one weekend (*snort*) and she didn't have any allergy attacks! God, I love that Dyson.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a nice, stress-free weekend! The weather is (supposedly) going to be great which means lots of reading on the beach, grilling and good fun with friends. Although I'm definitely not eager to put on a bathing suit in front of polite company. Heh heh. Oh and on the whole baby-making front? I'm taking it easy this weekend. No calculations of ovulation, no testing kits, no strained baby-making booty. We're just going to enjoy ourselves and I'm not going to worry. Wish me luck on that!

20 comments:

Bekah said...

haha no strained baby-making booty...too funny. HAVE FUN!! good luck!!!

sunscreen!

Kel said...

Sounds like a fun weekend - take a break and enjoy it! :)
~K

Chele76 said...

happy Firday to US! :)

I'm sure you will have a wonderful and much needed relaxing time.

Krystyn said...

Have a great time and enjoy yourself!

Kori said...

Have a wonderful time. can't wait to see pics and hear all about it when you get back.

Flea said...

Have fun! And aren't Dyson's the best? I LOVE mine! Two Australian Shepherds with triple coats and one cat and it's still running nearly two years later. We've killed lesser vacs in less than one year with just one Aussie.

lovelylalo said...

Hey lady, you enjoy your get away. No worries, no stress. You and Big D deserve it.

I use to sweat the bathing suit thing too but you know life is too short.

You rock it girl!

April in CT said...

Yay! A weekend away..hope y'all have a wonderful time! I really need to get some tips from you on places like that for a weekend away so we can see some of this beautiful area before the military sends us on to the next place.

When we got our Dyson the same scenario was happening with my husband. I never imagined he would vacuum SO many times in one day! It's definitely a very impressive tool to have around the house.

Jaina said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, especially since it starts in a few hours. Lucky! Have a fabulous trip!

Melissa said...

Oh, hope y'all have a fun weekend! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one hopelessly addicted to my Dyson!

Poltzie said...

Isn't the dyson great! I have the handheld and LOVE it, I'd die for a big one!!
Have a great weekend, I'm jealous!!

Tabitha said...

Hope you have a totally wonderful weekend!! Have fun!!!!
love and hugs XXXX

Tranny Head said...

I not only wish you luck, I wish you lots of FUN!

Robyn said...

That sounds like a great weekend. Have a wonderful time.

Grandy said...

Oh it sounds like a dream weekend indeed!! Have the just because booty and enjoy!! :)

GoteeMan said...

Hope it's a great and relaxing weekend...

J/

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

have fun!!!!

ALF said...

Have a great weekend!

OHmommy said...

Things happen when there are no worries.

Yes? Yes!

Tara said...

Sounds like you guys had a nice time. I love to read your blog. Actually - I like it so much I gave you an award on my blog today. :)