Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Happy belated Labor Day!




I enjoyed my weekend. Saturday we decided, despite the wet gloominess outside and the threat of rain, to go for a hike in the Portland state forest and Big D wanted to put up at least one of his hunting cameras. We picked up Lorelei on the way and headed out. After we put up his camera, it started to get even muggier and the rain started to spritz so we had to cut our hike short. Later on, I ran out to Target to get a few things, and a few things led into almost an hour and a half of browsing. Big D finally called me at five, to ask where the heck I was, considering we had evening plans and he knows how I am about having enough time to get ready. So I threw my purchases in the truck and headed home to hop into the shower. I got ready and contemplated putting on the hot, red heels I had just purchased at Target but then guilt took over, that I spent money on shoes when we're pretty broke this week, so I put them back in the bag. *SIGH* I still having decided ifI will return them yet.


Anyway, Jessica came at seven and we headed over to my neighbor Brian's immediately afterwards for a couple of drinks. Then our next stop was MaxFish in Glastonbury, which is hilarious since I don't eat seafood. But I took one for the team, since the other three did. I picked the ONE non-seafood item off the menu...a cheeseburger. Good thing I love cheeseburgers! Anyway, more wine, dinner, and then we were off to the comedy club, City Steam, in Hartford. It was my first time going there and I had a blast! Maybe it had something to do with the booze, but I giggled my ass off! When the show was over at midnight, we went to the bar upstairs and spent another hour or so there. I was sufficiently buzzed (okay, maybe a tad more than buzzed) at this point, so we headed back to Brian's. It was now three in the morning and we were hungry, so Brian made the four of us breakfast. Finally, at three thirty a.m. we stumbled home (literally, we walked home from Brian's who lives like four houses away). After trying to rape Daryl at four in the morning, and him telling my drunk ass to go to sleep, I nodded off to dreamland.


Sunday I slept wicked late for the first time in YEARS. Eleven thirty a.m.! I guess that's what happens when you go to bed at four in the morning! I swear, my body is not used to partying like a rock star anymore. It took quite a few hours of vegetating on the couch, downing endless glasses of water, until finally I started to feel more myself. Showered at three thirty, woke Daryl up from his nap, and of we went to Joe and Erin's where we had plans for dinner. We brought steaks and Erin made a ton of food to go with it. We always eat well at Joe and Erin's! ;-) After eating dinner on their gorgeous deck, watching the wild turkeys and their babies take flight into the trees to roost for the night,, Joe lit his chimenea and we roasted marshmallows for smores... I was so full I only managed to eat two, but they were awesome! About nine forty five we called it a night, cuz we had at least a forty five minute ride ahead of us.

Monday was the one day we blessedly didn't have ANYTHING planned. We ran to Lowes to grab something, and I cleaned the bathroom and we had a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon while having lunch. We lounged around, visited with Daryl's grandparents who stopped over briefly, and then I read my book for the rest of the night. Aaaahhhhh....perfect! Hope your weekends were just as perfect!

14 comments:

Bekah said...

seems like a great weekend!!

Kel said...

Glad you had a nice weekend!!
~K

Kori said...

So glad your weekend rocked.

Chele76 said...

Did you buy anything else fun while at Target? How awesome are those shoes, maybe I'll buy them off you! lol

I'm looking forward to Saturday girl! It's going to be great to hang out.

April said...

'Chele, if I don't return them, maybe I'll wear the red shoes Saturday. Ooh la la!!

Poltzie said...

That does sound like the perfect weekend, isn't being married wonderful!

Cecily R said...

Sounds like you guys had a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

kittyconcerto.com said...

"After trying to rape Daryl at four in the morning, and him telling my drunk ass to go to sleep"---I about spit out my coffee I was laughing so hard! Glad you had a wicked weekend!

jen @ the cubicle's backporch said...

Sleeping until 11:30? Eating smores? I envy you. hee hee.

No really, I want a smore now like no other.

Tabitha said...

Wow that sounds like a great weekend ~ lots of fun!!
love and hugs XXXXXXX

Kathryn said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!

April said...

Kitty-Funny you seem to be the ONLY one who picked up on that. ;-) Am I surprised by this? No, not really. LOL

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

FUN weekend - oh, I miss days pre-kids!!

Robyn said...

Glad it was a good one.