Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hey Everyone...guilt is eating away at me like raging fire ants biting at my flesh. I'm so sorry I haven't been by your blogs lately. It's been hard enough just keeping up with writing my own random twice a week (approximately?) posts. I know, I know what a horrible excuse for a blogger, Iam! I really do apologize.

Life has been crazy, both in work and out. In work, I'm lucky I get five minutes to BREATHE, the past few weeks. I literally told my boss today "I'm taking five. See ya." and off I went to satisfy my pms-craving for salty and sweet with some peanut m-n-m's. Then I ambled to my friend's office where we were able to shoot the shit for a bit and I managed to breathe in MULTIPLE much-needed gasps of air. And life on the home front has been crazy as well. Even though summer is drawing to a close, our social life sure isn't! Geez...I'm thinking of taking a hiatus from insane-weekend plans. After this weekend, of course, since we have tons of totally fun things planned. Ack. On one hand, I love having such freakin' kick-ass friends that we can hang out with on a regular basis (and also fun company functions since this weekend is Daryl's work picnic at Sturbridge Village) but at the same time, it's not till both Big D and I start to feel overwhelmed that I realize I shoudl curtail it back. And to think, the holiday season is around the corner?? SCARY. And then poor Big D went to the doctor's office today cuz he's been having some issues and come to find out it's most likely that he has to pass a kidney stone. Ugh! I feel bad for him. I hope it goes as quickly and painlessly as is possible!

Oh and me trying to get to the gym lately? Shit, yeah, that's a joke. I went yesterday for the first time in AGES and was so stinkin' proud of myself...until five minutes into my walk I thought frantically to myself, "Did I lock the truck?" Considering my purse was in there as well as important personal documents, and add the fact that we do after all live (and work out!) in the ghetto, I started to sweat. And not from the walking. I left the treadmill running, hopped off keys in hand, and ran to the nearest window to hit the clicker that locks my doors. My headlights did not flash as usual so I figured I was too far away for it to work. I hopped back on the treadmill, hastily trying to convince myself that all was fine and most likely I had in fact locked the doors--but another five minutes later ended up ripping off my earphones in frustration. "Did I lock it? Why can't I remember? Is someone stealing my purse? Or the truck?" Yes, you may call it paranoia, but for someone who has now had a home AND vehicle broken into in the past 3 years, I felt I had a valid fear. So twenty minutes into my walk, as I re-read the same paragraph for about the zillionth time in my newest Jodi Picoult book, I gave up and left the gym. Twenty freakin' minutes into my work out. *SIGH*

18 comments:

Robyn said...

You are not a bad blogger, we all have lives outside of the glowing screen, I think:) Well at least you do. I wish we did more stuff, but there are days when I love nothing but to spend a Sunday lounging around.

Kathryn said...

Suddenly life has gotten hectic. I am finding it hard to do any blogging lately. It sounds like it is going around. ;)

photogirl218 said...

Inquiring minds want to know - was the truck locked, LOL!???? And how is John?

angie said...

Yep...that's busy. I LOVE Sturbridge Village (and the Wright ribbon store near there) and used to have an annual membership there.....back in the Worcester days that is. :)

Kel said...

We all get to that point in our lives where the time just slips away and we can't find room to breath. Be glad you have wonderful friends to share it with, but remember to take a minute for yourself as well.

hope you have a great week.

~K

Flea said...

So DID YOU LOCK THE TRUCK?

Poltzie said...

How dare you have a life outside of your blog!
ps. Good luck Daryl - eek!

April said...

Cars,
John is MUCH better. He came home from the hospital today and has quite some recovery now and he can't drive for six weeks so my mom has to bring him to all his appointments.

AND yes, the truck was locked. DAMN. LOL

kittyconcerto.com said...

Oh girl I've been there. I'm glad you having such a great time on the weekends with your friends. You deserve a LIFE. You gotta get a life to blog girl. *muah*

The Captain's Wife said...

....but was the truck locked??

Stephanie said...

Well, your 20 minutes is better than my non existent minutes!! ;)
Hope you get many more fresh breathes coming your way!!

Grandy said...

Well you know I so get the whole life getting in the way of blogging thing.

Keri said...

LOL ! love that twitch of ocd when it kicks in! i do that all the time.

and can i hide in your truck for a ride to Sturbridge... mmmmm... Wright's ribbon warehouse... i think i just drooled on my screen.

Jen @ The Cubicle's Backporch said...

I don't know how many times I've been like "Did I lock my car?". And then I obsess about it forever. I used to do it in college a lot. But then it would come down to walking 30 minutes to get to my car, or keeping my fingers crossed that it was locked.

And normally, I went with the finger crossing.

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

ha ha - time escapes us all!!
too bad about the work out - I can't believe you lasted that long - I would have been out there like 12 times checking!!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Hi! Saw you over at goodandcrazypeople.blogspot.com and thought I'd stop by to say hey! Glad I did. Sounds like life is crazy! I, too, think we all need a break.

jessica said...

i feel like life is running me over. frequently. hope you're able to take breaks for 'me-time'.

~**Dawn**~ said...

No worries! I was on vacation from the 3-10. The week prior to vacation, I was so burnt out everyone & everything was annoying the crap outta me. Yesterday I was in denial that vacation was over. Today I am still bummed but at least it's Friday... I won't even tell you what my Google Reader looks like right now after pretty much ignoring it for the last two weeks. =/