Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I FREAKING HATE SPIDERS. I HATE THEM.




I HAVE NO LOVE FOR SPIDERS. THOSE CREEPY-CRAWLY, SQUIGGLY-LEGGED LITTLE DEMONS. JUST THE SIGHT OF THEM SENDS ME INTO A SWEAT-INDUCING, SHIVERING, STOMACH-SICK PANIC.




I was locking up the kitchen window last night, spacing out, and once I had slammed it down I looked up to see this disgusting sight (thank goodness on the outside of my kitchen window):




(Sorry for the bright, bleary quality...I took this quick with my cell while I was silently freaking out.) Taking this picture was almost like therapy. I had to creep closer to the window, arm outstretched, to get the shot, all the while wanting to turn and run. The fact that this little buggar, legs and body, was easily the size of a quarter (slightly bigger) made me want to gag in fear. To see that much detail on it's bulbous little body? Puke.


GOD!! WHY are there disgusting, gross, revolting creatures such as this in the world??? I tell Daryl all the time we live in a freakin' spider house. Without fail, I see a spider (or two or three) EVERY SINGLE WEEK. *Shudder* I'm at my wits end! This montster above thank goodness is not the type I usually see...but the little ones are just as bad. The little, black, speedy spiders are my worst enemy. The spiders I'm least afraid of are Daddy Long Legs. Is it the name? Is it the fact that they're so big and thin, and most of the time they are just chillin' in a corner not moving (go see the one living in my bathroom. It's been in the same corner for EIGHT days in a row now. I don't have the heart to kill it. At least until I see it start moving, then it's history.)


Around my front door, outside, there are SERIOUS webs everywhere and my other most unfavorite spiders...the tannish, medium sized, long-legged freaks. They come out at night (the freaks come out at night) and when I went to see my mom out the other night, there were like FOUR OR FIVE of them on the inside of my screen door. OH. THE. HORROR. I apologized to my mom but made her walk herself out, and shut the door behind her. Sorry, Mom!


I've begged Daryl to let me call an exterminator to spray and he even agreed once before but something is holding me back. Could it be becuz I know that these dastardly spiders are keeping all the other disgusting bugs at bay? The beetles that sneak in with the mail, the moths who swoop in towards the light, the mosquitos that suck our blood...do I want all those back?


*SIGH* The answer is 'no'. I have to co-exist with the spiders, I realize that. Even though I want to run and hide, shrieking like a little girl, every time I spot one.

15 comments:

Robyn said...

I hate them too, and since we live a few blocks from the lake we have tons of them our deck railings have a web in each one blech.

Stephanie said...

This post gave me the creeps. And the chills. I am not a fan myself. Eek!!

Kel said...

I hate spiders too! I was content to live with a few (thinking they kept the bugs away) until my daughter got bit by one. I immediately went on a killing spree, fogging/trapping and calling terminex. Now I don't worry about ANY bugs...he comes out regularly and keeps them at bay.
YUCK!
~K

krissy said...

*Shriek*

I hate spiders too. But I like them better then snakes. At least you can step on a spider and squish it to it's death. You can't do that with snakes.

Still....Eeekk.

April said...

Krissy, you and my hubby would get along. He is deathly afraid of snakes...they don't really bother me though and I've even held one in my hand before. Just like I am deathly afraid of spiders yet he can squish them with his bare MANLY fingers! LOL

Kathryn said...

Have you ever seen centipedes? They are even worse than spiders. They are big and long and have 100 legs. They are fast and horrid looking. I hate them. We have a lot of them around WI and when I see one run across my floor I get so damn mad. I hate those things.

Melissa said...

Spiders keep the other buggies out...I know, that's a sobering thought, huh?

krissy said...

You will be so happy to hear my next post because I am doing something pretty big for St. Jude and Cancer. I am pumped.

Soon to come....

Melek said...

i can handle spiders. at least i know they're catching and eating other bugs. but ants and roaches? where do they come in handy? yes, the ants pick up and carry away my crumbs...but the roaches??? *shudder!* i don't know WHY they exsit.

April in CT said...

*shudders*

I thought when we lived in FL that it was bug central...then we moved to CT! After the first few weeks I went on a spraying frenzy and treated the inside AND outside. I just can't take the bugs! My husband is the type to put them in a bug jar and inspect them. I think he needs mental help.

Jaina said...

::shudder:: I'm right there with you. Even that picture has me cringing. Ugh. I'm all creeped out. Yuck. I hate spiders.

The Captain's Wife said...

Spiders eat all the other icky bugs! We need them.

I hate bugs, especially flying ones, but spiders don't bother me (unless they are hairy! Eww!)

kittyconcerto.com said...

Uh uh. Girl that ain't even right. We have a TON of black widows around the outside of our house. Mr. Cat has to go on a killing spree. The other day he killed....... wait for it....... nearly 40. Holy crap.

April said...

Kitty-
OMFG...FOURTY BLACK WIDOWS?? *THUMP* I think I just passed out for a second....I could never live in Cali.... :-0

Sarah said...

I feel like I could have written this post! I have had the same 2 daddy long legs in the bathroom for ever! And just as you said, I dont have the heart to kill them. UNTIL they start moving closer to me. Then they must die. I killed one the other day by spraying it with hair spray and then dousing it with baby powder! What a way to go.
I usually will just step on them or whack them with something big and heavy. However, I was in the bathroom and wasnt wearing shoes. Hair spray and powder were the closest things.