Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Not too long ago I wrote about something cool...about this crazy phenomenon of blog friends!


Who would of thought, years ago, that I'd have so many awesome friends I've never even met in person? I certainly didn't! You guys are all so caring and selfless and always so quick to, even though most of us are not close enough to lend a shoulder to lean on, you lend an eye to read our words. Words when we are upset, words when we are sad, words when we are happy. Words about our lives. You are always eager to share an encouraging word, or a quick pep talk, or some much needed advice.


And I love that about each and every one of you!!


Stephanie, at Just the Two of Us, did something incredibly sweet. And helpful! This was in our pile of mail yesterday afternoon.


Did I ever tell you guys just HOW MUCH I love receiving some type of fun mail? After endless bills, junk mail and solicitations in the mailbox day after day, it's so much FUN to get something personal!!! Even Big D's curiosity was piqued! Thank you, so much Stephanie, for the Diabetes cookbook!


Isn't this the cutest stationary card ever?

And damn, girl, you have THE neatest handwriting ever! Daryl was very impressed by that!
And look! Already I've found a recipe I want to try! Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars? YUMMY!
Here is the grateful Big D. Thank you again for thinking of him (and me!) while you were grocery shopping the other day! You totally made our day, Steph.

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, you can really see the weight Big D has taken off. Very cool!

And the book, very cool!

Krystyn said...

Awww...Steph was so sweet to think of you guys!

You'll have to tell us how the bars are!

Stephanie said...

:) Man, if I knew I was going to get such a sweet reply back, I would have been sending you stuff for months! lol
You are very welcome..I hope some of the stuff turns out yummy!
Good luck at the doctor tomorrow!

Good N Crazy said...

How sweet.

And I moved 2 states away and while I DO miss my real friends, my 'fake' online friends have so totally pulled me through this with flying colors. Cool, I agree.

Poltzie said...

It's amazing isn't it! That is totally how I felt when you and Keri sent me the baby present!

kittyconcerto.com said...

That is incredibly sweet! Just like YOU when you sent me fun mail. You deserve it. :)

Cecily R said...

That is just so NICE!!

Stephanie said...

Awww! As long as I've known her (over 10 years!!), Steph has always been a sweetheart!

Post pictures of your fabulous food you cook!

Sarah said...

Aww, thats so thoughtful! I was thinking the other day about doing a post about my online IF friends. You took the words right out of my brain. =)

I agree, getting things, ANYTHING but bills is such a fun thing.

Kathryn said...

Aww. That is so nice! Steph is such a sweetie! :)

Robyn said...

That is sweet. And speaking of sweets, if those pumpkin bars are as good as they look you will have to give me the recipe.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I have said it before, so many times: without this crazy thing called "blog" I would not have some of my best friends. And happy mail? Even just something like a silly postcard can totally make my day. =)

Jaina said...

Aww, how neat!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

so sweet!!

Trannyhead said...

Aww ... that's so nice. Aren't blogging friends the best? Now if I coud just figure out what best to send people that I want to send stuff to ...