Thursday, September 11, 2008

TRESemme, TRESemme, ooh la la!


We were getting ready to go out the other night and I wanted Big D's opinion on the shirt I was wearing. He told me he could not see since obviously he was in the shower...so I whipped open the curtain, with no warning, to show him.

There he stood, my big manly man...the one who would never think of wearing a moisturizer, or shopping for fun, or plucking his brows (I tried to get him to pluck a few stray eyebrow hairs one day...he looked at me like I was utterly insane)...the most macho man I know who's idea of dressing up is squirting on some cologne...if we go out, the only way I can get him to throw on a polo shrit is by begging and cajoling and finally whining...

...anyway there he stood with shampoo foam dripping into his eyes, his lips forming a small guilty "o", and holding my bottle of TRESemme shampoo for Brunettes in his beefy, calloused hand. Caught like a child with his hand in the cookie jar.

"What the hell are you doing using my shampoo???" I gasped out, and snorted back the laughter, as I eyed his mostly (salt and) pepper-y colored hair.

"Uh--I just decided to use your Brilliantly Brunette Shampoo today." He stammared a.nd quickly shoved the bottle back onto the shower shelf and continued to lather up his big, round head.

"Just today, huh?" I asked slyly. He smiled wide, sensing an easy out.

"Yup, just today!"

"You're not using Brilliantly Brunette, dumbass!" I cried, pointing a finger accusinglly. "That's TRESemme! I bought it about a week and a half ago cuz it was on sale! We haven't had Brilliantly Brunette in this bathroom for at least two weeks!"

BUSTED!!

"Aw, crap. I guess I gave myself away by knowing the 'Brilliantly Brunette' name." He snickered and washed the rest of the giveaway out of his guilty brown eyes.

NEVER try to pull a fast one on a woman who knows her shampoo. I hope this doesn't mean he is going to start waxing or tanning now....heh heh...

20 comments:

Bekah said...

hahahaha oooh wow

I recently found out that matt uses my dove facial moisturizer...but thats not nearly as funy as your story!

jen @ the cubicle's backporch said...

I have Paul Mitchell shampoo that I took down to the lake ($12.00 a bottle!) and Mr. C pokes his head out of the shower and says "Where's my head and shoulders?" I was like "JUST USE THE EXPENSIVE STUFF!" hee hee.

That's funny that he actually said "Brilliantly brunette". I would've been crackin up!!

Kori said...

Too funny.

Morgan said...

That is TOO funny!!!

Stephanie said...

Now that is some funny shit!!
I cant believe he remembered the name!!

Kel said...

haha...that is funny. I love it when I catch the hub doing something so totally not the norm - I think it's slightly endearing!
~K

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

funny!

Melissa said...

OMG, next he'll be wearing Hot Pants...mark my word!!

Good N Crazy said...

So funny. So busted. Girls really wouldn't use man products because they smell all...manly. But I love that a guy thinks, oh heck I'll just try this.

Krystyn said...

That is hilarious. I caught my hubby using my Aveda shampooo...I could smell it and he was guilty! I told him how much it cost and he freaked.

Cecily R said...

hahaha hee hee hee!!

Jon is a Big dude with a BIG obsession with lotion. If I had Brilliantly Brunette shampoo in my shower, I guarantee he's use it.

kittyconcerto.com said...

LMAO!! Don't stop him if he wants to go a little metro on ya. I'm sure you'll enjoy the benefits. ;)

photogirl218 said...

Funny Stuff! Allen used my shower the other day and tried my Redken. He said "that shampoo you have makes my hair so soft" LOL!

Heather said...

jason's shampoo is actually more expensive than mine!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Once they get started, they never stop. I MADE my husband get a pedicure once. His cracked heels were beyond horrible. Anyway, he thinks he needs one all of the time now. He isn't even embarrassed anymore, which tells you how bad he has it since he is a manly man too.

BTW: Thanks for your recent comments. It is always fun having you over for a visit.

Poltzie said...

Awesome!!

Tabitha said...

So funny that you caught him red handed with the shampoo!!
love and hugs

Robyn said...

LOL, nothing like being caught red handed. J won't touch my freaky organic stuff so I'm good there.

Big D said...

hoy pants I doubt. But I will use what ever I can get my big grubby paws on and dont tell her but I am going to keep using her shampoo and conditioner hahahahahah

Jaina said...

Lol, that is too funny. The fact that he knew the name...priceless.