Friday, September 05, 2008

Wanna talk about weird????

Last night I was sitting in my living room watching tv. Big D was already in bed (not feeling well...damn that kidney stone!) and half of the animals were surrounding me, two dogs on the floor chilling, and one lovey cat half on my lap/half on the arm of the couch. All of a sudden we hear this strange fluttering/chittering noise...it kinda reminded me of a cricket but not a full-blown chirp. The dogs ears were perked, my head was cocked, when all of a sudden a bug flew out from under the lamp shade beside us and Bailey, the fasteset kitty alive (in my head I'm hearing that line from SuperBad that Seth Rogen manages to gasp out after a foot chase, "He's the fastest kid alive...fastest kid alive!" Ha ha!!), swiped her paw so quickly through the air I barely saw her move. She knocked the bug down, got it in her mouth, spit it out, and then sat on it. Sweet. My cats are awesome.

Anyway, I made her move her furry little behind, ready with a tissue to kill what I thought was a beetle (ugh we get them all the time, espeically in our mailbox so we end up unknowingly bringing them in with the mail) and there she is sitting on the arm rest of the couch, a beautiful little lady bug.

Lady bugs are the ONLY bug I will willingly touch. There is just something so sweet and innocent and child-like about them to me. Maybe it's the fact that they bring me back to childhood? I don't know exactly. After finding this one, I immediately shooed the cat away so she wouldn't eat it and slid a piece of paper under it, hoping it was still alive. The little thing started to crawl across the paper. I smiled and hurriedly rushed out the backdoor where I blew it off the paper and watched the little spotted buggie fly away.

Ten minutes later I get a picture text from Michele showing me the lady bugs painted on her big toes from her pedi the other day. Coincidence? (P.S. 'Chele, love the pedi!!)

Then this morning I finally started to catch up on reading blogs and go to Seven Clown Circus and read today's PhotoStory Friday which is about....what? Yup, you guessed it...LADY BUGS!

Holy crap! What does this MEAN? Could Lady Luck, in the form of a Lady Bug, possibly be smiling down upon me? Is it just a silly, strange coincidence? Is someone or something try to tell me something?

Whatever it is, I will take it. :-)

22 comments:

Bekah said...

"spit it out, and then sat on it"

Haha Im going to guess she is a mostly indoor cat? Im not sure that is a great hunting technique

Stephanie said...

I would take whatever it is as good luck!!
I'm laughing over here trying to imagine this happening though!!

Morgan said...

WOW thats is freakin crazy!! Whatever it means, it must be good.

April said...

Bekah she is 100% an indoor kitty! Usually she DOES eat the bugs though! I'm not really sure what was up with this lady bug! Maybe it didn't taste good? LOL

ALF said...

Ladybugs are nice except for the time they infested my dorm room freshman year of college. That wasn't so much fun. They would fall off the ceiling and land on me when I wasn't expecting it.

April in CT said...

Definitely some good luck!

Do you have your ark ready for all this rain we're supposed to get this weekend. I thought I left such things behind when I moved out of FL. I'm going to duct tape everything to the porch.

jen @ the cubicle's backporch said...

I agree with Bekah, that's a great hunting technique! hee hee.

And all this ladybug talk definitly has to be lucky. Maybe you should play the lottery!

The Captain's Wife said...

Let me give you another "lady bug" story....

My MIL made the baby a lady bug outfit..

now mind you, we have no idea if it is a girl (and I am not dressing my boy in a lady bug outfit!)

Melissa said...

Maybe you'll be seeing a little ladybug in your near future!

Kori said...

I love ladybugs. You apparently are one lucky lady.

Chele76 said...

hey! Doesn't anyone like my pedicure?!?!?! :D

April in CT said...

Meant to add..cute toes!! LOL

April said...

April in CT: No kidding! We have a picnic tomorrow (Big D's company function) at Sturbridge Village in Mass. tomorrow...it's going to be VERY WET!!!

April in CT said...

Oh heck, y'all better wear wetsuits! LOL

Poltzie said...

It's telling you to be a kid again (maybe, well actually, I don't know)!
Poor Daryl, I've heard that kidney stones are worse than labour (and if I remember correctly labour is pretty rough)! I'll pray for him lol!

Kathryn said...

That IS weird! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do. Do you hear the Twillight Zone music in the background??

Krystyn said...

Hmmm...no ideas...but hopefully, it's some luck coming your way.

Flea said...

That's great! I love the pedi bugs. I was thinking that the bug was on your toe.

Robyn said...

hmm maybe. I hope it is lots of luck headed your way.

angie said...

Sounds like some good luck heading your way to me! :)

GoteeMan said...

I agree with you - Lady bugs are about the only "civilized" bugs I don't mind being around, besides lightning bugs...

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

Jaina said...

How neat! I love lady bugs. :)