Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yes, just to quickly answer becuz I know some of you were wondering, I was indeed with my husband at the time and my friend did save the message to play for me at a later date. She's an awesome friend like that. I am kinda mortified to listen to it. Maybe I'll have a couple glasses of wine first to prepare.
But hey, I gotta look at the bright side, maybe there is a job in my future for phone sex operator? Who knows?

Anyway, 'nuff on that. I have good news to report! Big D has been doing tremendously well with his health since his last doctor visit! He's gotten his glucose level down to (ranging) between 140-150. WOO HOO!! I'm super psyched about that. He is feeling better, has more energy, and is not cranky anymore! It's amazing to realize that cranky "funk" I thought he was going through was directly related to his health! I can't wait to hear what his doctor says at his next visit on October 1st!

On the weight loss front, Big D has lost....drum roll please...thirteen pounds!! I am so incredibly proud of his progress! This is just from changing our eating habits and eating healthier!!! We both decided to start walking after dinner, as well, now that the weather is cooler. So tonight will be our first night of that. And you may all be waiting with baited breath to hear how much weight I have lost, correct? So just to recap, Big D has lost THIRTEEN POUNDS...and I? I have lost a grand total of....


.....wait for it....


.....you know you're dying to find out....


....wanna make a guess?


I've lost two freakin' pounds. That's it. I swear. WTF?!?!?!? 13:2!!! What kind of f'ing ratio is that? Men suck! It's way too easy for them to shed the pounds! Every time I hop on the scale, I pray for a miracle and instead, Mother Nature smacks me in the face (or maybe in the fat ass). Meanwhile, my hubby's belly is shrinking and DAMN if he doesn't look good. I have been trying not to jump his bones every time he comes home from work at night!

Down, April, down.

*Ahem*

Is it getting warm in here?

Okay, I'm better now.

Anyway, in other news, I've decided (after much deliberation...months and months worth!) that I'm going to get a tattoo!!! Those who know me in real life are probably like, "Are you freakin' kidding me?" It's not something I ever wanted to do. I always flat-out said "No way, tattoos are not for me." I never dated anyone with a tattoo, until Big D came along. (And of course I found his totally sexy.) Mmmm....tattoos.

Uh, but I digress, my point is that I came to the conclusion that I wanted to do something, something small, to memorialize my father. Something that people looking at would be like, "Hmmm, that's cool, what's it mean?" I was stumped. I didn't want to do anything cliche-ish in the world of tattoos.

My friend Lorelei had an idea, an idea that I instantly fell in love with as just the thought of it screamed out to me of my Daddy. For those of you who need the back-story behind my tattoo decision, read this.

Lorelei suggested a penny, with wings to signify that he is in Heaven or an angel, and in the details of the penny, in the print, to put a message. Whether it be just my dad's name, or his name and birthday, or a tiny message from me to him. This tattoo will not be big. I want it a somewhat smaller reasonable size. Since I do office work, I need it in a place that be somewhat covered up, when need be. But also a place that I can display when I feel the urge. This is where you all come in...I need some guidance!

Where do you suggest I put my tattoo? I need opinions people! Where should I put it, and why? I have no idea when I'll be getting it done, yet, cuz my neighbor is a fledgling tattoo artist who is going to be doing it (don't' worry, I've seen his work...he is AMAZING) and I'm on the waiting list (like 12 people ahead of me, Big D included!!) BUT how about this, to make it more fun! Let's turn it into a contest: If I end up USING your suggestion, you will win a prize!

27 comments:

Kori said...

Ok since I just got one in March I am going to say on your foot. Simple because that is where mine is and I like the fact that I can cover it up with socks, cute shoes and it looks smoking hot in flip flops in the summer.

You could also get it on you shoulder blade. That way tank tops and things would still cover it up.

My next one is going to be on the inside of my wrist. Cause I mean who ever really sees that part of your arm anyway.

Stephanie said...

My votes would be on the arch of your foot or on your ankle. I have one on my ankle (its small..I wanted it to be able to be covered by a bandaid if ever needed!)
Think hard about it though..you dont ever want to regret it!
Good luck..cant wait to see what it turns out like!
(check your mail over the next few days...your envelope is on its way!!

Stephanie said...

oh yeah..And guys do suck...so unfair how quickly they can lose weight (but kudos to Big D..thats great news!!)

Melissa said...

Loving the tattoo idea! The inside of your wrist. Love that idea...or your ankle.

Getting a tattoo was one of my favorite things I did this year! I wouldn't change a thing...and I'm not a tattoo person either.

Congrats to Big D for losing weight...and your two pounds is important to. Look at it this way, you didn't gain.

Have you thought about hitting the doctor and talking to him about PCOS?

Melissa said...

Oh, I like the idea of on your foot, too. That's where I would like to get another one...but I hear it hurts like a b*tch!

Flea said...

I'd be putting it on the shoulder blade. When I was a little girl my mom told me that the shoulder blade bones were my angel wings, that if I were good enough the wings would grow there. They never did. But now yours could sprout wings.

Good N Crazy said...

I'm negative on the tatoo...stay away...plant a tree...

But rock on with the weight loss, two pounds is better than 13...I know, but slower is better I promise...

And hubby has diabetes?

Mine has had type1 since he was a teen. and his grumpy swings are soooo related to when he has funny sugars...

Good luck..

Robyn said...

I have no idea. I haven't ever really wanted one. But I'm sure you'll find a place.

Sarah said...

I adore tattoos! I have 7, and I want more VERY soon.

As for the weight lose.....I think I FOUND all those pounds Big D lost. And they are stuck there. I hate being fat.
Wanna go to Taco bell sometime? Hahahaha!

By the way, i was looking at all the pictures on your blog, and you two are too freakin adorable!!

April said...

Sarah-Be STILL my beating heart...i insanely love Taco Bell. Mmmm....Mexi Melts. Let's go!!!

April in CT said...

I vote shoulder blade. You can cover it most of the time or wear it to be seen with a tank top. Your own personal angel on your shoulder always looking out for you.

Congrats to Big D on his weight loss! When my mom first had a diabetic attack (she didn't know anything was wrong) she was able to change her eating habits and help keep it from progressing.

MEN! My husband has lost a total of 30 lbs and I just give him the evil eye. LOL He knows I'm so proud of him and his hard work, but I have to give him grief. My 13lbs is a mere drop in the bucket when compared. You keep at it and you'll get there!

Steph said...

Guys Suck!!! why do they get to lose weight so easily????

Poltzie said...

My old fitness instructor used to say that if you had sex for an hour it would burn close to 1000 calories. But honestly, who has sex for an hour right (well I mean people over 21)!
Sorry about the weight loss, men totally suck!

My suggestion is on your back left corner. That way it's over your heart but not on your chest (which I think looks kind of slutty).

Dan Mega said...

Small lower back! Do it do it! Take pics!

Then add the recording of that call to your blog! I have GOT to hear that.

the cubicle's backporch said...

Wow. 13 pounds is awesome!! And 2 pounds is great too! Mr. C can easily lose like 10 pounds in a week. It's not fair. Damn men.

As for location of the tattoo, that's tough. I'd say close to your heart, but putting an 'in memory of dad' near a boob may be a little inappropriate.

You could get a tattoo of it on your ring finger. That would probably be smaller than what you were looking for, but you could hide it b/c it would be under your wedding ring and when you look at your finger it would remind you of your love for Big D (wedding ring) and your dad (penny tattoo).

Just trying to be creative!

Sarah said...

EDIT:

Ack! that was supposed to say weight loss. NOT Lose. Sheesh!

Oh I <3 Taco bell too! Mmmmmmm Steak soft tacos. *drool*

=)

Julie said...

Yay for Big D, I wonder if that is why my hubby is so crabby all the time!! I hope not! I will tell you this, boys do lose fast. But when people have gained weight due to a health reason like diabetes and change their habits they can literally melt. My friend Tabby found out she had diabetes and changed the way she ate and litterally melted the weight off!! Two pounds is good too though!! WOOO HOOO APRIL!!!!

Julie said...

Oh and on the tatto front, it it is small I like the foot idea. This girl J works with has one near her toes and her teeny toes look cute in sandals.

Kathryn said...

Oooo. I have been thinking of getting another tattoo. My bro is an award winning tattoo artist so I'm lucky I get them free. I only have one now (on my lower back) but I think I want an anklet. Or maybe the inside of my wrist. I don't know.

What about on your shoulder blade? That would be easily covered while you are at work. ???

Stephanie said...

I have my tattoo on my hip and I like it there. It's only visible to me and my hubby but I can show others if I feel like it without showing too much skin.

And I hear ya on how guys lose weight faster and it not being fair. Sigh... We are supposed to start walking too outside now that it is cooler. Hopefully that will help us. I could really use it!

The Captain's Wife said...

I say the inside of your wrist, your right wrist, since you place your right hand over your heart.

This way you can see it (on your back, shoulder blades, etc you need a mirror to see it) and you can have it close to your heart when needed.

Krystyn said...

Congrats to D on the weight loss and the healthy outlook. It sounds like the diagnosis is really helping him out.

And congrats on yours, too!

Heather said...

that is exactly how it works with weight loss...they lose 10 we lose 1.

Jaina said...

That's exciting about Big D, I bet you'll be catching up in no time. As for the tattoo, I would say ankle or foot, or somewhere on your back, maybe between or on your shoulder blades? That way it's covered by typical office wear, but if you wear certain cuts of tank tops or swimsuits or whatever, it's visible.

angie said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.......about the cell phone thing. I'm rolling. I wonder how long it took her to figure out what was going on?

I hate how much faster men lose weight. Definitely not fair.

The tatoo idea sounds very well thought out. As for a location? I'm stumped.

Sweetly Single said...

2 lbs although small is still a great accomplishment!! you should be proud...and then lace the hubby's dinner with sugar and fat.LOL

As for the tattoo....the foot looks great but hurts like the devil....I'd say somewhere totally girlie like on the inside of your ankle

kittyconcerto.com said...

First of all, don't get too caught up with the 13:2 ratio. Men ALWAYS lose weight faster. Men's amount of muscle mass, blah blah blah. Your doing great. And so is Big D! Congrats on his improving health.

Secondly, oooooh tattoos! I'm glad your getting one that is symbolic to you instead of picking one from the wall or something. I say the inside of the ankle. But I don't know, I've never had a tattoo.