Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another day....ANOTHER DAY.

*SIGH*


Is it Friday yet, people? This has been one of THE longest weeks ever. I'm mentally, emotionally and physically tired. And my cold is almost (but not fully) gone yet...I've become at ONE with the tissue. I might actually buy STOCK in Kleenex.


Anyway, nothing new to report really. We were supposed to go to Christopher's wake tonight but the other night when Daryl's friend Steve called him (Christopher's uncle), he said there might not be any services because the family is in a bad, bad way (obviously) and could not handle it. We found out there will be a simple memorial service for him tonight in Springfield, Mass so we might go. It depends on how we both feel tonight becuz you are talking at least a forty minute drive each way. I have to be honest and admit to you guys, too, that part of me is so incredibly relieved I don't have to go to an eight year old's wake. I was feeling really anxious about that earlier in the week, seeing this small little coffin, knowing a little boy was inside. It scared the hell out of me. But I also wanted to show my support to Steve and his family AND I didn't want Big D to have to go alone, so I was gonna do it no matter how upsetting the thought was. So now that I know I won't have to, I feel like I can take a deep relieved breath.


Later on tonight, Big D and I are going to sit down to some normalcy. We are going to get a pizza (that ALWAYS cheers me up. I'm a pizza-whore) and carve our two gigantic pumpkins! I want some kick-ass Jack-O-Lanterns on my front porch tomorrow night. In other news, there is FIFTEEN BUCKS worth of Halloween candy sitting on my kitchen table, unopened. (I'm not a freak for candy, we will actually go through all of that with Trick or Treaters tomorrow!) The fact that it is unopened, I am PMS'ing, and it's been sitting there two nights since I bought it? Completely A-MAZING. Let's see if it makes it till tomorrow night. Mmmmm...all my favorites: peanut butter cups, Kit Kats, Skittles (my favorite PMS candy!) and Starburst.
And on that note, I leave you with last year's sweet little Jack-O-Lantern. Enjoy!

14 comments:

Flea said...

Take care of yourself, April. :)

Kel said...

Yes honey, the weekend is almost here! YAY!!! Glad you don't have to attend the wake...that would be so sad.

Good luck with your pumpkin carving...
~K

Stephanie said...

Happy almost Friday!
I havent even bought Halloween candy yet..I dont have that much control ;)
Cant wait to see your pumpkin pics..that should be fun for you 2 tonight. Try to get your mind off things (and we wont tell if you sneak a pack (or 2) of candy to get in the spirit!)

Morgan said...

Girl I'm counting down the hours until Friday too...I hope you guys have a fun time together tonight "chillin" and hanging out!

~**Dawn**~ said...

No trick-or-treaters for me. (No kids really at all where I live.) And no jack-o-lantern either because it would rot in the heat. =/ I bow to your carving skills though! I stink at even the most basic face.

ALF said...

I'm jealous you get so many trick or treators. Last year we literally got like 8 kids. It was sad.

We're carving pumpkins tonight too!

Robyn said...

We had so much candy left over this year, I was so surprised. Here's to the weekend.

Kat said...

I had to run out to the store twice last year in the middle of trick or treating to get more candy because we had so many kids come to our house. Yipes!

Cute pumpkin!

Take care of yourself, girlie!

Tabitha said...

I love your pumpkin ~ we carved ours today ~ and we have more to do tomorrow!!
Glad you are feeling a bit better.
love and hugs XXXX

Tabitha said...

I love your pumpkin ~ we carved ours today ~ and we have more to do tomorrow!!
Glad you are feeling a bit better.
love and hugs XXXX

Melissa said...

Joe and Hope are downstairs carving as I type...I'm upstairs sitting on a heating pad staying out of the way...

Somehow I think I got the better end of the deal :)

angie said...

Sending you Happy Halloween wishes and great big hugs!

Trannyhead said...

Aww - I hope your Halloween is wonderful and that you enjoyed your pumpkin carving.

*hugs*

Jaina said...

::hugs:: I don't even know what to say.