Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Happy Hump Day, all.

I called in sick to work yesterday...my tummy was not in a good way. Let's just say, I could not leave the bathroom for QUITE some time to actually get ready for work, so I knew it was a lost cause. That coupled with this impending cold (that my body is so valiantly trying to fight off!) and I felt pretty yucky yesterday. Of course instead of laying on the couch the whole day like you SHOULD do when sick, I did a ton of laundry. I have this crazy thing that happens when I'm home sick...I start to feel guilty for not doing anygthing and then end up having to clean something or wash dishes or do laundry, whether I feel like crap or not.

I'm not looking forward to going into work today either cuz I'm sure that shit is not in order...it's like no one even gives a crap about covering my stuff (except for answering the phones) when I'm gone. Which means I will come back to one of the other campuses/teachers freaking out that they didn't get lists they needed yesterday. And that is so frustrating to me. On the job-hunt front, I have not heard back from the second job I applied for. I know it's pretty difficult to find a job right now so I'm not holding out much hope, but at least it's giving me the courage to keep trying! I also grabbed an application this past weekend from the Yankee Candle store at the mall. Not sure yet if I'm even definitely going to apply, but I'm contemplating it. The extra money during the holiday season would be nice, plus I would get a discount which would be helpful for gift-giving. But I'm still hung up on the whole giving-up-my-weekend part of it all. I contemplated saying I'm not available on weekends but I've worked enough retail to know, that is usually not an option. So I might just say I'm available on Sundays, or maybe every other Sunday. Saturdays I'm not wiling to give up though cuz I don't know when our guide puppy training classes (time) will be and on which Saturdays, and I really want to go with Daryl so that we both get equal training time with the puppy.

Anyone else have a three day weekend coming up?? I'm SO psyched about it! This is the first time since I've been at the school that I'll have off Columbus Day (now with our new owners, we have some additional holidahys off we never got before like: Columbus Day, Presidents Day, Martin Luther King Day, etc.). This weekned will be SO quiet and mellow and I'm freakin' excited about that!!! I want to take the big camera and Big D (and maybe the dogs depending on where we go) and go hiking in the woods to get some pretty foliage shots. And I gotta clean the house. Anyone else planning their weekends already???

16 comments:

Keri said...

Friday soriee around the corner... and then Warren Fall Festival on Sunday... that is SUCH a cute little festival i'm so excited to go!

Kel said...

Ha, I think I start planning my next weekend when monday starts! :)

Sorry you were sick yesterday, I know it sucks being home and NOT being able to just lounge around (I clean instead of just chill) but glad you are feeling better!

~K

Sarah said...

My son has Monday and Tuesday off from school, so I will be working nights for those 2 days. Which is kinda like having a four day weekend. Kinda.
I'll be cleaning the house today. Woo hoo.
Hope you feel better!

the cubicle's backporch said...

I'm with ya on the trying to fight off a cold thing. Every once in a while my nose gets stuffy and I'm all 'PLEASE don't get sick!!'

Yankee Candle would be a cool discount to have for the holidays, but I know what you mean about giving up your weekends.

I'm jealous of your three-day weekend. I've been planning meetings for Monday. Yay.

Kathryn said...

Oh yeah. I'm definitely planning my weekend. We are hoping to make it up north to the in-laws' cabin. We haven't been there in quite a while and we so want to see the changing leaves.

Hope you work day wasn't too bad and that you are feeling much better. :)

April in CT said...

Hope you're feeling better!

I think it's going to be a beautiful weekend and I can't wait to get out and hike. I'm so happy with the vast amount of trails in our area! I think the next 3 years we're here we'll probably never see them all, but it's so much fun exploring. If you've never hiked the trails in Bittner Park (on 77 in Guilford) they're really pretty. One section runs right along side a pretty creek.

tricki_nicki said...

Planning my weekend? I'm coming hiking with you guys!

Morgan said...

Aww pooey! I hope you feel better soon!! :)

kittyconcerto.com said...

Hope you feel better soon. And hopefully the puppy training will go well.

Robyn said...

My weekend has started and I have no plans.
I never understood why some people can't just pick up a little slack when someone is out from work. Feel better girly.

Poltzie said...

Oh, I've been having the same bowel concerns! Maybe we ate the same thing.
We have a three day weekend here because Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving. Sadly Mike is going to France on Monday!
Good luck with the job hunting. If it doesn't work out you can always move to Alberta, the economy is still pretty strong here and I have a basement with your name on it!

Jaina said...

Ugh, I hope you keep feeling better. And good luck on a second job :) Yay for extra holidays, that's fun! I'm so excited for my weekend, my parents and brother are coming to visit. :)

Melissa said...

We started our weekend today...5 and a half days off school. Oh Lawd, please shot me now...;)

Krystyn said...

I know what you mean about feeling guilty for staying home. It's natural, I think.

And, no three day weekend for me!

Tara @ Living A Dream said...

I hope you are feeling better! I feel the same way when I'm sick - I want to be busy & my husband typically isn't there to get in the way. That is nice that you have a three day weekend coming up, I'm not so lucky. I think we are going camping (it will be cold) for one last outing. (Even though I hate camping.) Then probably watch some football. Well, I should probably get back to work!

Stephanie said...

Hope you are feeling better now!

No 3 day weekend for me though. I'm jealous!