Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Help us come up with a name!

We are probably going to be getting our Fidelco foster puppy soon (like within a month or so). We're trying to come up with three name choices ahead of time. The way the naming process works with Fidelco is each litter is named after a certain letter of the alphabet. And then you have to name your puppy with a name starting with that letter. (For example for a "B" litter you need to name your dog starting with a "B") Also, you need to submit three of your top choices and Fidelco from there picks the one they agree on.

Now, a couple other bits. We can't choose just any common overly-used name becuz you can't choose a name that already belongs/belonged to a previous foster puppy OR graduate guide dog. This is where you all come in! We picked a couple of names so far (out of a baby book LOL) so I want your opinion on which of them you like best. AND I want you to come up with a few of your own as well!!! Oh! And the name can only be one or two syllables...no more than that AND should not rhyme with a command (for example: CLOWN which rhymes with DOWN).

Please give me opinions!!! We are getting a male puppy and the next two litters are a "T" and a "U" but most likely we are getting a "T" puppy....

Talon (which is a French name that means "wily")
Tegan
Thayer (which is a an English name that means "protected; sheltered")
Timber
Tristan (which is an English name that means "impulsive")

Okay, help, I need more "T" names please!!

19 comments:

Kel said...

Tyson
Titan
Tex

Chele76 said...

My aunt's lab is named Timber

talula?

April said...

Michele, I LOVE the name Talula...but I don't think it sounds very boy-ish or manly. LOL

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

another dog?? does that make three??( not said in a mean way at all) BUT YOU ARE CRAZY!! Do you want my dog - she's free!!

Morgan said...

Tegan is cute!! I love that one, or what about Trint? I don't know what it means though lol

Amy said...

Mmm, there's a guy in town named Talon, after an eagle's talon. I say that's out. but I can't think of any others. Thor?

kittyconcerto.com said...

Geez girl that's a lot of rules for one cute dog!

Tadd
Trevor (although that might be too common)
Tal (means rain in hewbrew)
Tam (means heart in vietnamese)
----ok, I'm just looking at the internet in baby names....

gotta say I like amy's Thor though.

Jaina said...

I like Timber. How about Tigger, Tank, Trent or Tike? Good luck choosing a name!

Julie said...

Hmmmm
How about...
Tate (english) or Tait (scandinavian) -means cheerful
Tug
Tarzan

This ain't easy!!

Kathryn said...

Taylor
Tylor
Tex

???

Good luck! :)

Chele76 said...

turtle :)

Tabitha said...

Hey ~ is it a girlie dog, because Tabitha is a great name ha ha !! XXX

Amy said...

Turtle the dog from Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing, Ha Chele!

April said...

Julie!! I need you! What is your email address? I tried to email you and it came back to me...

Poltzie said...

Tula, Tammy, Tango?

Robyn said...

Thunder is my dogs name.

Flea said...

I LOVE Tegan. I wanted to name my first child Tegan while in high school. Wonderful name.

T - Tylo
Thanny
Therese
Tabor
Tanya
Triscuit

Stephanie said...

Hmmm....

Talon
Tex

I can't think of another that has not been listed. Tyler?

My Two Army Brats said...

My sons name is Tayton (pronounced Tate-in not Tay-Ton) and he plays good puppy from time to time! Yep I like it, Tayton is a good boy name and a good puppy name!

Now if he were choosing a name for a puppy it would be a Pokemon name like Turtwig.