Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I had an insane--I mean INSANE--craving for tuna fish the other day. That craving had carried through an entire week (a week where I mentioned multiple times that I wanted to eat tuna fish!) so I finally decided on Monday that I was going to give in to said craving.

I mixed up the tuna and reduced fat mayo, slapped it on a wheat roll and threw on a slice of American cheese AND some of the most delicious homemade pickles evah (Thanks, Daryl's Grandma!!). YUM-MY.

I savored every bite, chewing with utter relish, and reveled in my gratification that is TUNA. I am totally shocked I didn't moan in pleasure, THAT'S how good it was. I made it through more than 3/4 of this heavenly sandwich (there was probably about 3 bites left) before I noticed it....dum dum da DUM....a speckle of green. That tell-tale flag waving frantically in my face. Mold.


What did I do, you ask?


Well, naturally, I pinched off that moldy piece of green and finished the last three tasty bites of my sandwich.

Is that bad? :-) Hell, you just don't mess with a woman's craving, damn it!!

16 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, I pull off mold all the time, especially if it's something I want to eat. Ha, and my word verification is tastry.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Hooray! I can comment!

There is *definitely* no standing between a woman & her cravings. Especially those that survive several days & Do. Not Quit.

Keri said...

HELL YA i pull off the mold!
Don't mess with an orgasmic sammie!

Hell i even drink wine around a 'floater' in my glass... giggle

kittyconcerto.com said...

Gross girl. But I have done that just this past week, on a tuna sandwich no less! hahaha.

Heidi Renée said...

Well at least you pulled off the bad piece. :)

Julie said...

Pull it off! The rest of the bread is still good and the inside sounds Yummy!!

the cubicle's backporch said...

I'm pretty sure I've done this before. Then debated on whether I should (proudly) tell Mr. C or just keep it to myself. hee hee.

The Captain's Wife said...

Mold's good for you!

BTW...just found out where you work.....do any of your students offer Pre Natal....cause I would really love one...

Stephanie said...

Eeek! I just couldn't do that. But I also have a very weak stomach. Otherwise I might attempt it.

Krystyn said...

If the sandwich was that good...I say go for it.

Robyn said...

been there.

ALF said...

Yeah, I have more than once been eating a sandwich before I noticed the mold. And if I was enjoying the sandwich I'd do the same thing you did.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

oh - you are terrible! ha ha

Tara @ Living A Dream said...

I would have done the same thing. :) My husband would have a COW!

Heather said...

that is awesome!

Jaina said...

Oooh, that does sound tasty. (minus the pickles...I don't like pickles...but yay for homemade ones :) ) And I've done the same thing with pinching off a tiny spot. Nothing wrong with the rest of the bread. ;)