Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My weekend wasn't' super exciting or anything...at least not by blog-standards.

For me, it was pretty darn good though.

Friday I was feeling crappy, fighting off that cold that was threatening to overtake me (by the way, I won! I single-handedly fought that bitch OFF!) so instead of going to 'Chele's like we were supposed to, I headed home and had some comfort food (pizza) while huddling in my pj's under a blanket on the couch. I turned in pretty darn early to bed, too. I think I needed to catch up on some sleep.

Saturday I slept in till about 9:30 which was heavenly! Since I was feeling better, I decided to tackle cleaning the house. Scrubbed the bathroom from top to bottom, washed dishes, did laundry, straightened up our new bedroom AND I made homemade apple crisp. You GO, April-Martha-Stewart, you! The rest of the day was spent vegging out. I didn't even SHOWER till like 8pm and after that I was pleasantly sleepy and watched a movie with Big D.

Sunday we were up and about early-ish and off to go pumpkin-picking! It's definitely FALL in New England, people. I had absolutely no idea how to dress. It was warm (HOT) with that sun shining down on you, but not summer-warm...and yet it wasn't cold enough to wear a sweater. I finally opted for a short sleeved shirt with a long sleeved zippered one over it. Layers work best this time of year for me! I'm either too hot or too cold. Like Goldilocks...yet I can never find that temperature that is "just right". After picking out our two huge (25 lbs. each!) pumpkins, we headed off to Big D's favorite store, Cabela's. Hunting season for him (deer) is quickly approaching and he needed new shot gun shells. And even though I'm not into hunting or fishing, I LOVE wandering around Cabela's checking out all the stuffed animals (we're talking taxidermy here people, not stuffed teddy bears), the tanks of fish and the the cool gadgets. And the tons of good lucking men swarming about. Women are out-numbered in that store like 20-1! Heh heh. Don't tell Daryl though. He'll never let me go again. Ha. But, man, if you are single? Seriously, get your ass to Cabela's. Anywho,the rest of the day was spent first grocery shopping, enjoying a delicious Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte (hot chocolate for Big D) and then Big D made dinner (delicious cod!!) while I did MORE laundry (the bane of my existence. Ugh). The plans we tentatively had with D's friend's for dinner on Sunday night fell through and honestly, we were both okay with that.

Monday Big D had to go back to work (poor soul) while I got to stay home on my holiday/day off (Good 'ol Columbus!!). So I decided to be a wonderful stay-at-home-housewife-for-a-day and make him homemade beef stew for dinner. In addition to, no lie, MORE laundry. Interspersed with sitting my fat ass on the couch and watching TLC all day while eating for lunch first a super-sized serving of apple crisp, followed by an entire bag of 94% fat free popcorn. Yes, you read that right. An entire bag of popcorn. What a schlump.

Anyway, that was my weekned in a (large) nutshell. Oh! And the rough draft mock-up of my tattoo is complete! I'm very pleased with how it came out...I just need him to make a few minor changes/additions to it before I'll be ready to get it done! Granted, I still need to figure out where I'm putting it. I'm still torn on that.....

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a VERY productive weekend! You did 10x what I did. I was a major lazy bum!

lovelylalo said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. Do you have pictures of this tatoo? Determining a place is always tough.

I am still single...I may have to try out that store! LOL

Hope all is well with you and Big D. I miss reading your blog..just been SUPER busy!

LC

Bekah said...

"Scrubbed the bathroom from top to bottom, washed dishes, did laundry, straightened up our new bedroom AND I made homemade apple crisp"

good lord, Im tired now!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Ok was I seriously the only person who didn't have a long weekend??

Now, pass me some of that apple crisp.

Jaina said...

Sounds like a great weekend :) I hope I can follow your example in beating the impending cold...or that it's only allergies. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your day off. You totally have to post your design when you get a chance!!

Keri said...

we missed you at Chele's... even M was there!!
i feel a girl's day coming on!! very soon!!!
i miss our over-chatting!!

Trannyhead said...

I want to see the ink!

And beef stew sounds really delicious right about now ... just thought I'd share.

Steph said...

I really would like a tatoo but I am too much of a chicken

Stephanie said...

I am curious to see the tattoo when it is completed.

That sounds like a good weekend. Very relaxing...I need to get my butt to Starbucks for those Fall flavors!

Kel said...

Sounds like a nice weekend - doing what you love and loving what you do!
~K

Stephanie said...

You have me craving Starbucks over here!!
Sounds like a long productive weekend! Good for you!
Dont you just hate laundry?!?! I just dont understnad how 2 people can come up with that much crap EVERYDAY! lol

Kathryn said...

That sounds like an awesome weekend to me!

I LOVE Cabella's! So fun! Todd and I took the boys there a while back and they have all been begging to go back again. It is an hour away but you really can spend the whole day there so it is worth the trip. We had a blast!

Julie said...

I love fall. Pumokins. apple crip.
Sounds like a great weekend!!

Tara @ Living A Dream said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me! I did almost the same thing! :) We didn't go to Cabela's though - Sean talked about it, but it was a no go. We checked out a kennel to board the dogs over Christmas. It about broke my heart. :(

Robyn said...

Ugh, hunting season is already driving me nuts and it is a month away.
I like wandering in the cabela and such too. I say well, gosh, I'd really camp if I had that. J, I think I'd like to shoot trap, and other plain nonsense.

Flea said...

I'm hungry for popcorn now. It's nearly eleven PM, but I think I'll go make some. Excuse me ...