Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Note to Self:

When you are having an emotional, stressful, "Am I going crazy?!" (and yes, today was no better than yesterday...I burst into tears today double the amount of times yesterday) kind of day...here is the following successful formula of self medication:

1. Anxiety Pill-which makes you feel sleepy and woozy, and too tired to cry
2. 3 chocolates (preferably peanut butter cups or kit kats)-which causes you to get a little more energy in you from the sugar
3. A relaxation massage where you tell the therapist, "If I burst into tears, please do not take it personally."-which simultaneously relaxes the shiznet out of you but then makes you feel alive for the first time all day
4. A grande Nonfat Pumpkin Spice Latte, no whipped please-which not only pleases your taste buds, but perks you up at the same time
5. Wine, baby, wine at a friend's house-which will then mellow me out in a good, pleasant way and insure that yes, I will be able to sleep tonight.

Crazy Lady has been deactivated.

Mission accomplished.

15 comments:

Tabitha said...

They sound like great cures!!
That pumpkin coffee sounds wonderful ~ wish we had that over here!! I think I need one ha ha !!
Hope you are ok now,
Take care, love and hugs XXXXX

Stephanie said...

Now thats a nice list of self medicating ideas!!!
I'm so sorry your day has not been better, but I'm glad you found a way to manage to get through it!

Sarah said...

ew...I just cant seem to jump on the pumpkin flavored beverage band wagon. My husband loves it, my sister, her boyfriend, my friends...I cant do it though.

Glad it helps you feel better though. We all need that one comfort food, or beverage in your case.

BIG HUGS!

Kat said...

I bet that would work on me too! The perfect combination of chocolate, liquor, and friends. Oh and massage! Perfect! :)

lovelylalo said...

You aren't alone on this feeling..lately I've been very BLAH which is one of the many reasons for lack of posts...anyhow, I love your deactivation tools..I may try some tonight!

*HUG*

Melissa said...

Wow, where the heck do I sign up for that kind of treatment.

You are quite the lucky girl. I'm glad that things are settling down a bit. :)

Kel said...

Chocolate and Wine - works for me every time!!
Sorry you had another rough day - hope tomorrow is a better one!!
~K

Flea said...

Sweet. Off to find some chocolate. :)

Robyn said...

I really want the massage.

kittyconcerto.com said...

Glad you had a sweet ending to a yucky beginning day.

the cubicle's backporch said...

It's only a 5-step process for the crazy lady to go away? I'm impressed. I think for me it's like a 10-step process.

Stephanie said...

I love how you have your own program :)

I want me some peanut butter cups now....mmmmm!

Poltzie said...

Glad you are feeling better. I'd love a massage!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right? =)

Jaina said...

I'm glad you were able to deactivate. ::hugs::