Friday, October 17, 2008

PHOTOSTORY FRIDAY (can't seem to post link...sorry)


For this Photostory Friday I am focusing on Fall (doh! Didn't I do that for the LAST one? Sorry, guyz, but I super LOVE Fall. I could talk about it every day if possible!)



Last Sunday Daryl and I decided to go out pumpkin picking to a local orchard (the same orchard I went apple picking at last month). While I would have liked to spend hours there frolicking through the pumpkins in the beautiful and warm Autumn sun, Big D was basically like "Okay, we got our pumpkins, let's go!". Men, humph! Luckily he didn't rush me out before I was able to snap a few photos for the 'ol scrapbook (if I ever get around to DOING it!).





All the leaves have not changed over yet but they're coming along nicely!

Here is my big kid (heh heh!) heading to the pumpkin patch!


Look at all the pumpkins, how will we decide?? Ok, that is mild sarcasm...the place was picked cleaner than teeth after a dentist cleaning. Geez Louise, people, did you pick your pumpkins in SEPTEMBER??
Then we stumbled across some greenies, like this baby. It's time will come! (and maybe we'll be back to pick you, little green pumpkin!)




I put Big D on the job. Me: Ooh, that one. Big D: (bending over to pick while i pointed and supervised). That's a good man right there.


My happy little picker!

Here I am. I swear I'm not scowling. That darn sun was bright!!

Bringing our bounty back to the truck (25 lbs. each! They don't look heavy but take my word for it, those orange beauties were heavy! As we went back up hill to reach the truck! I moaned and groaned so much, Daryl took them both. LOL)

This picture is not even from the orchard, but Daryl took it a couple of days previous and I just love it. It's such a beautiful early Autumn shot. Gorgeous!



P.S. Where the hell did my comments section go?!?!? Is that it under the dotted line?? So confused! Stupid blogger!

35 comments:

April in CT said...

Beautiful pictures!! My mom is flying in tomorrow (!!!! I'm so excited !!!!) to enjoy the fall colors. I can't wait to get out and do some things...if I can just figure out WHAT! LOL

Hope you have a great weekend!

Robyn said...

Those are great. I really like the pumpkin field one. We were ones that went in September, but we didn't get a pumpkin.

Kori said...

We're gonna get some pumpkins this weekend and carve them. I'll try to steal a camera from someone and take some pics. lol

And thank you for the Footprints in the Sand. It's a favorite of mine too.

Jenn said...

nice to meet you April!! And nice photos!! I am on my way to a pumpkin patch right now, I will try to take some pictures too!
(jenn.finch@gmail.com- email me anytime!)

Deb said...

GREAT photos. i like the baby green one. oh, how i love fall, too!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

love these pictures - looks like a great day!

Laura said...

Oh, I love that last picture with the light coming through the trees- look like you guys had a blast!

Laura said...

Oh, I love that last picture with the light coming through the trees- look like you guys had a blast!

CrackerJacks said...

Lovely Fall photos! We love going to the patch as well. It's my favorite Fall activity.

Please VISIT My PSF. Thank You!

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, I love the pumpkin patch.. those pictures are beautiful.. It looks like you and your husband had a great time..

Steph said...

I love fall too! Beautiful shots!

Stephanie said...

No fear..I found the comment button!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pics! THis time of the year just makes me smile!!
Glad you guys got your pumpkins!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh those are such beautiful autumn shots, it's definitely my favorite season too!

AVT Coach said...

You are funny and your hubby was a good sport. The very idea that people would grab the pumpkins before you got there :)! Well, I say you got the biggest heaviest and you had the man capable of handling them! Yea for you!

Good N Crazy said...

That is weird about the comments under the line? Maybe cuz you don't have a title to this one?? I don't know?

I super love fall too...
And the last one with hubby holding the pumpkins from behind is AWESOME.

have I asked you already about connecting your blogger profile to your email, so I can reply to your comments, like you can reply to mine??

I ran a tutorial it's on my left sidebar called:
Dear No-Reply Blogger

Help me get the word out!

Cecily R said...

FAbulous Fall shots.

I don't know why but your "little picker" line made me laugh. Heee!!

Kelli @ Gohn Crazy said...

(I believe you can't link to the post because you don't have a post title. If you can go in and edit and put a title then click the title after your update you'll be able to get the actual link.)

Great pictures! Looks like you had a lot of fun picking pumpkins. We just went this morning and got two small pumpkins (just my son and I). We'll have to make another trip out soon with the whole family for more fun.

stefanie said...

Looks like such a fun day! Great pictures.

My husband is always done hunting before I am done gathering too!

Tara @ Living A Dream said...

I love the green pumpkin!! I want one!! I'm glad you had a good time getting your pumpkins and enjoying the great fall weather!! Have a good weekend!!

Sarah said...

Great pictures!! I hate CT, except for the small span when the leaves are changing. Thats the only thing I like. Pretty fall colors.

KeiserKids said...

xıd ןooʞ ǝɯos ǝɹɐ ǝsoɥʇ

Heidi Renée said...

I love how men are useful like that.

Me: You carry this 40 pound bag of cat litter through the parking lot and up three flights of stairs to our apartment while I carry this empty pan and my purse.

Husband: Ok!

Wifery WIN.

Hannah Noel said...

I promise your comment section is still there!


You can post about Fall anytime you want!! It's gorgeous and never gets old!!! :D

Jaina said...

Fall shots are always welcome. :) I think it's neat that you can go straight to the pumpkin patch there, how fun! I hope you have a great weekend. :)

Chris said...

Nice shots! I think you should write about Fall every week, for as long as you can!

Kellan said...

Beautiful day and photo! Cool pumpkin patch too!

Have a good weekend - Kellan

Momisodes said...

Aww, what a lovely time :) I love those shots in the pumpkin field.

Casey's trio said...

Love the pic of the pretty trees with the leaves changing!

SuperCoolMom said...

Who needs to scrapbook when you have a blog? Great pictures and that's some man haulin' 50 lbs of pumpkin!

Tabitha said...

Love the photos!
My kids would love to go to a pumpkin patch ~ we buy our pumpkins from a local farm ~ but they are already cut and in baskets.
love and hugs XXXX

Flea said...

How bizarre with the comments! I ALMOST bought pumpkins this week! Thirty pumpkin pies from fresh pumpkins last year kinda killed the magic, though.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What fun pumpkin picking! Great pictures!

GoteeMan said...

Your pics are awesome! I love the first one (leaves) and the last one - the light breaking through the trees is incredible!

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

the cubicle's backporch said...

Mr. C and I are definitely late pumpkin pickers. In fact, we haven't even gotten a pumpkin yet, so we'll probably just grab one from a roadside stand. We're slackers!!!

April said...

SO pretty!! I miss fall so much! Florida is much too hot right now, what I wouldn't do for YOUR weather!!