Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dude, I suck. I have nothing really to blog about.

Oh, the horror!!

So instead I decided to to bore you with the current mundane antics of my life. Daryl and I went grocery shopping last night for Thanksgiving dinner stuff. Yes, I know, it's like a week early, however we have other pressing bills to be paid next week and we BOTH don't get paid again (I get paid bi-weekly while he gets paid weekly) till the day AFTER Thanksgiving. So yeah, that's not gonna help. I'm making Thanksgiving dinner for us, my mom and possibly her boyfriend, Daryl's Dad and his Grandma. Nice and low-key. I took the entire week off from work next week (normally I'd just have off Thanksgiving and the day after) so I'll plenty of time to prepare some of my side dishes, clean the house AND make my homemade pumpkin pie and cheesecake. I much prefer homemade desserts to store-bought for the holidays!

Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, I'm totally, completely, head-over-heels in love with our friend, Brian's, BMW. It's a pretty freakin' sweet ride! Big D is hunting today, tomorrow and Friday which means he needed the truck (we only have one personal vehicle. And Big D has his work van but he can't take that for personal use on weekends or days off) which meant I would be left vehicle-less. So we asked Brian if we could borrow his car (he has a work car that is his main set of wheels so his beamer usually just sits in the driveway). Anyway I nervously started to drive this morning--I always get anxious driving other people's cars--but once I got cruising, I was seriously enjoying it! I forgot how much fun it is to drive a car after only driving our truck for the past three years or so. So, now I'm wondering if I can get away with never giving Brian his BMW back...do you think I have a chance???

Fun stuff coming up this week. Tomorrow night is Girl's Night at my house...wine, yummy snacks and about seven to eight of us hens clucking away. Friday night I am just planning on chilling out and taking in...EDWARD in all his glory. Oh yes, Big D and I are going to the movies, baby. Saturday will be errands and cleaning during the day and in the evening we'll be going out to dinner at a nearby German Restaurant with Sarah and her hubby and Michele. Eins, zwei, drei...das Bier ich will trinken!! (okay, seriously? I haven't taken any German since like sophomore or junior year so if you are fluent in German, don't nag me about how the set up of this sentence probably makes no sense...you get the point!). I can't remember if we have anything going on Sunday...so hopefully that means we DON'T. I would love a relaxing Sunday--unlike my past two!

Oh, and I found out our wedding dvds are ready this weekend! Granted, we're totally po' this week so we can't afford the final pay off until at least next week so I'm (im)patiently waiting to see our wedding dvd!!! I'll let you know how it comes out when I finally get to watch it.

So, that is the utter excitement that is my life right now. Don't be jealous, 'kay?

15 comments:

Cecily R said...

I always considered hosting Thanksgiving a very grown up thing to do...you know, like a coming of age. At the rate I'm going it will be YEARS before anyone trusts me with such a responsibility! You are SO much cooler than me!!! I've never even made a turkey by myself! :)

Jaina said...

Sounds like a sweet ride ;) I hope you have a great girls' night and that you LOVE Twilight. I *still* have to read the books. I know I know, I'm SO behind. But I want to read them before I see the movie.

the cubicle's backporch said...

And so begins the season of no money! Yay!

(Begin country talk) You'll have to tell me if Big D kills a deer. Mr. C went hunting last weekend but didn't kill anything. Do you guys eat deer meat? (/country meat)

Have you ever deep fried a turkey? Yumm. It's so stinkin' good.

Kel said...

Seriously jealous of your entire week off AND girls night but SO NOT jealous of having to cook for all those people AND clean the house so I guess I'm good where I'm at. hehe

Hope you have a great time and Big D bring home a deer for ya...
~K

kittyconcerto.com said...

Ooh, I would totally crash your ladies night if I was there. (now I have ladies night stuck in my head!). Have fun driving the beamer! Jealous!

I like the new template, and the new Twilight reference at the top. LOL.

MarciaBrady said...

It actually sounds like you have a lot going on. I think I need to come up with a ladie's night with my friends. I don't know why we don't!

So, I have to say that I haven't gotten into this Twilight fascination. I hope this doesn't mean we can't be friends! :) But, maybe I will one day!

I can't wait 'til I have a house big enough so I can host Thanksgiving. It would be so nice to not have to go to the boyfriend's family first and then my family and just have them both come to my place!!

Have fun on Ladie's night and driving the beamer!!

Melissa said...

I'm so with you on the BMW. We're going to be turning my car in early and I'm so thinking about really splurging on a car...now I just need to decide what I want...putting BMW on my list.

Krystyn said...

Very exciting stuff happening. It's good to buy the turkey early so it thaws!!!

April in CT said...

Did my turkey day shopping today. w00t! So glad to have it out of the way. A trip to BJ's early next week and then I'm not going near a grocery store for a few weeks.

I hope y'all enjoy your girls night in! And I like the holiday decor on your blog. :o) Festive!

Tabitha said...

Sounds like you have lots of fun stuff planned!
I think that you should just 'forget' to give the car back and maybe he won't notice ha ha !!
(We can all dream!!)
Love and big hugs XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jaina said...

Hey, I left you something over on my blog ;)

Flea said...

I'm jealous. I want to drive the beamer. I say you keep it. Brian won't mind. I said so. :)

lovelylalo said...

For nothing to blog about you sure had a lot to say. I think during the holiday time all Bills should be EXEMPT. At least you'll beat the crowds. I'll be the crazy lady there the night before....Argh!

Actually going to (x) Ma In Laws. Who doesn't love a Beemer!

Big D said...

Important update Big D shot a 90 pound Doe after she was field dressed and my uncle a hour later shot a 6 point buck 172 pounds

MarciaBrady said...

Are you still out driving that beamer? lol