Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Holy crap, I'm tired!

This week off from work has definitely NOT been a vacation so far. Between 3-4 times waking up during the night for the puppy crying to go outside (don't worry, Big D has been on night patrol!) and repeatedly puppy training (bazillions of outdoor visits, feedings 3x a day, occasional doggy whining and cleaning the carpet), food shopping for Thanksgiving, and endless amounts of baking (so far I've made a pumpkin pie, a cheesecake--still in the oven as I type this--and peanut butter blossom cookies)...I. AM. EXHAUSTED.

How do you Mommy's do it? In no way am I saying raising a puppy is like raising child nor am I comjparing your child to a dog, heh heh, but I'm just saying the demands must have similar moments. I give you all oodles of credit for running your household while being busy, hands-on Mommies!

I'll be lucky if my house is cleaned by Thanksgiving.

15 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

I feel wiped out like that most of the time... and we only have three cats!

Aimée said...

My kids are older now and the pets are trained and I'm STILL exhausted preparing for the feast! Now, I can't imagine doing it all with a new puppy too! Its okay to be exhausted!

Jaina said...

Sounds like a handful. You'll totally get it all done though, I'm sure. :)

Aimée said...

I just added the recipe to that post - it's very easy and good!

Flea said...

Timber is gorgeous! And we moms are just tired all the time. :)

Kat said...

I think after a while you just get used to feeling tired all the time. ;)

Poltzie said...

First of all Kat is right, you totally adjust to the no sleep thing (after a few weeks) but a kid is actually easier.
You are much more bonded to them and you can sleep during the day with them instead of going to work.
Good luck, I'm thinking of you!!

My Two Army Brats said...

Eventually I just gave up on a sparkling clean house and settle for what we call "vacuum ready" and the dishes done. I feel tired and defeated pretty much all the time but it helps to get hugs and kisses......or tail wagging and face licking!

Stephanie said...

I feel for ya - puppies are A LOT of work. But so worth it when they are trained properly. Good Luck! And Happy Thanksgiving!

kittyconcerto.com said...

Very hard indeed. I often wonder how moms do it. Peanut butter blossom cookies sound so dang delicious. Yum.

Keri said...

You survive on cuddles, kisses, and fresh ditie smells...

kinda like puppy breath, kisses, and fresh bath smells

Morgan said...

Aww Timber is so lucky to have you for a 'temporary' mommy...dogs are just so helpless and can't really do anything for themselves and I think it's so sad when they get mistreated! My BIGGEST pet peeve is people not taking care of their pets so I'm glad lil timber is gettin' some lovin'! :)

Tabitha said...

Ha ha April ~ it certainly sounds very similar to motherhood ~ I am totally exhausted all of the time and have been for the last 11 years since I had my first child (tee hee) ~ hope that you have a good Thanksgiving and get some rest soon.
Take care,
love and hugs Tabitha XXX

RCRambling said...

Having taken care of Supercat as an abandoned kitten, I can tell you the hours are very similar with animals and humans. And how do you do it? You just do.

The house doesn't get cleaned, you run on auto-pilot, and at some point, you find a new normal.

Take care and have a great Thanksgiving!

tricki_nicki said...

Puppies are actually a LOT like babies, so don't feel bad. It's temporary though, don't worry!