Monday, November 17, 2008

I had a very productive weekend. Friday night a friend came over and I threw a frozen pizza in the oven, mixed up an apple martini for each of us and then we watched a The Family Stone (one of my favorites) while Big D hid out in our bedroom to escape the girl-talk.

Saturday I went over Sarah's house to hang with her and Julia for a bit. We hit up the mall for a quick visit (I needed a new lipstick), then grabbed pizza for lunch (yes, I had pizza two days in a row and I loved every minute of it. AND yes I stayed within my points range...WOO HOO!!!). I had fun teasing little Julia, who is two and a half, that we would be naming her future little sister Pizza or Ginger Ale and then watching her giggle and tell me "No, April! Not Pizza!" Later on, I went home where Daryl was doing stuff around the house. We vegged out the rest of the evening and watched plenty of television to rot our brains. I read some more of my Jodi Picoult book, Perfect Match.

Sunday Daryl and I got up early and headed out to run some errands which included Starbucks, Lowe's and BJ's. At BJ's we bought our fabulous Christmas gift to each other: a 32 inch flat screen TV for our bedroom (with the wall-mounting hardware). Then I proceeded to clean the kitchen and the living room to prepare for my Girl's Night this Thursday (some of my girlies are coming over for some wine and apps...including 'Chele and Julia and Sarah. I can't wait! But now I still have to clean the bathroom in preparation...and I'll have to vacuum again before Thursday. Anyway, Big D did a ton of yard work which included cleaning all the freakin' leaves out of our gutters. Not fun, I'm sure. Dinner was take-out (I didn't want to mess up the nice clean kitchen!) and then we totally spent the rest of the night watching our new TV in the bedroom. The doggies snoozed at our feet.

Oh, oh, and before I forget! One of the coolest things ever! I got to talk to one of my bloggy friends on the phone last Thursday for the first time ever. Mrs. Kitty and I had had plans to meet up in NY with our hubbies (she and her hubby, Mr. Cat, were coming to NY to visit a friend) this past Sunday for a nice brunch and an early afternoon show. Unfortunately neither her nor Mr. Cat have been feeling well lately though so she had to take a rain check and rescheduled her trip. While I was totally bummed out not to get to meet this cool chick in person, I was so super excited to get the chance to talk to her on the phone for the first time! And I will not lie...before I dialed her number I took a deep shaky breath, and had butterflies in my stomach like I would get when calling a boy for the first time, I was that nervous! Heh heh. Before she answered I was doing the whole, "Oh I hope she likes me." spiel in my head. While simultaneously rolling my eyes at myself. And I was comforted by the fact that Mrs. Kitty speaks in real life EXACTLY how she speaks in her blog. She is freakin' adorable! So, girl, I can't wait to meet you and Mr. Cat in January...I hope you guys feel better soon!

10 comments:

Kori said...

Goodness ya'll were pretty busy.

So what time do I need to be at your house on Thursday for the wine and apps?

I have talked to a couple of my bloggy friends over the phone. I get that same nervous, think I might pee in my pants feeling too before they answer. But it is soooo worth it.

Stephanie said...

I love new friends!!
Speaking of, what time should I be there for wine?!?!? ;)
Sounds like a fun weekend!
How fun yall got a new tv...we want pics please! lol

Flea said...

Oh what fun! I'd love to meet bloggy friends face-to-face!

kittyconcerto.com said...

This had me cracking up girl! I love the whole description of how you geared up to call me. Like we're on a blind date! LOL.

Now I feel REALLY bad that I was sorta rude when I answered the phone thinking you were a telemarketer! I'm so disappointed that we couldn't meet, but I definitely can't wait to meet you in person too!

Big D said...

Barf Barf Gag me with a spoon Mrs.Kitty you and April sure have a love fest going on hahaha

Jaina said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

lovelylalo said...

How much do I love that you have a label for Pizza! Yum and good job for staying in those points.

Sounds like a wonderful weekend and always exciting to meet up with friends...old/new.

the cubicle's backporch said...

Ha! Mrs. Kitty thought you were a telemarketer! Too funny!!

I think it'd be weird to hear people's voices... b/c in your head you have a sort of stereotype of how you think they'll sound.

Julie said...

LOL I know what you mean. When Heather and I met for the first time in person, we both apologized after feeling like we were too quiet. It's fun meeting bloggy friends!!

Looking forward to Thursday!!

Tv Brackets said...

The mounts which are displayed here in the pics are good and also with good design like this only even I have found a company which is having LCD brackets according to TV/system model no and also he is having a great quality products. You Can get still more information about LCD Brackets which I browsed on internet can fetch you help Another piece of advice would be to mount the bracket to a solid wall.

Tv brackets can be fitted to make efficient use of space in any room