Saturday, November 22, 2008

Meet the newest (temporary) member of our family...



...8-week old Timber! Timber is a pure-bred German Shephard Fidelco guide dog in training. He is mostly black with tan paws, a tan hiney and belly and the cutest white spot on the tip of hsi tail, as if it's been dipped in paint. He was raised in a Fidelco pup house with other litters and Mama dogs where it was warm, bright and filled with music. Today is the first day of his life that he came out into the 'real world'. Today is the first day he's ever seen a man, ever felt the winter's biting cold, ever rode in a car. This is what happened in the vehicle...
GROSS. What you probably can't see is the puppy puke also on my sleeve, and also on Daryls' sleeve. Heh. But it's just puppy puke and easily cleaned up.
What else can we expect? Sleepless nights, shrieking cries, puppy accidents on the carpet, growly episodes from Daisy, a whiny anxious Tucker, standing out in the cold desperately begging a puppy to pee and poop, sharp pointy puppy teeth that often times bite our tender fingers instead of toys...

But that's not all. We are also prepared for endless puppy dog kisses, tickly nose-rubs, Tucker excitedly playing outside with his new pal, giggling at adorable puppy antics, and endless photographs being snapped. Yes, it's offical....

He's already stolen our hearts.

20 comments:

Aimée said...

He is absolutely precious.

Mega said...

Now THAT is going to be a manly man's dog.

Your husband should train the dog how to ward off intruders, fetch him a beer, or be his hunting mate.

Sarah said...

That is a beautiful puppy!

Melissa said...

He is handsome! I can see why he's stolen your hearts!! Can't wait to read lots of stories abut him!

Robyn said...

See I couldn't take a cutie like that in knowing I'd have to give him up.
It's funny I got my dad a German Shepard pup a few years ago and he threw up in the car too.

Poltzie said...

AWW! He's so sweet.
Congrats Mama!

Stephanie said...

So stinkin cute! (except for the puke part of course!!)

bekah said...

look at his little face! so dear! how on earth are you going to give him back?

I think its awesome what you guys are doing!

Julie said...

OMG he is freaking adorable!! You guys are so awesome for doing this and so strong!!

the cubicle's backporch said...

Aww... he's so cute!!

Your puppy puke story reminds me of when Mr. C and I took our then-new-puppy about 1/4 mile up the road (in the winter! It was cold!) to a gas station and we ran in for 2 minutes to get some fountain drinks and we came out and our cute little puppy had crapped in Mr. C's truck. And it STUNK.

But have fun! And I think it's a great thing what you're doing!

lovelylalo said...

How can he not steal your heart...he is adorable. Too bad he got sick in the car..poor little guy.

What a cool (temp) addition to the family. The boy and the girl have been begging for a dog...but I am not that responsible. LOL If only I could "rent a pet".

Milo said...

Adorable.

Tara @ Living A Dream said...

Oh my goodness!! I think I need a puppy fix! :) Have fun with him!

Stephanie said...

I'm in love! What an adorable puppy! I have a German Shephard and they are hands down the most awesome dogs! Enjoy him!

Tabitha said...

Oh my ~ that is just the cutest puppy!!
No wonder he has stolen your heart!
Love and hugs XXXX

Jaina said...

He is SOOOOOO cute!!! I hope we get to see LOTS of photos. How long does he get to stay with you?

kittyconcerto.com said...

Look at that face! Oh man, I just want to kiss him all over that little face!

You guys are saints for doing this. I think you will look back at this and be really proud of yourselves. Can't wait for more updates.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

stole my heart too! so cute!!

RCRambling said...

Too cute - and he's great training (the puke) for a small human.

Steph said...

Love the puppy and I totally picked up on the puppy puke as soon as I saw the photo!

Congrats!!!