Monday, December 08, 2008

I can't believe it's Monday again. Where the heck do the weekends go???

And I'm starting to stress about the holidays...I have done no Christmas shopping, sent out no Christmas cards and have not baked one single Christmas cookie.

Ack! What the heck am I doing?

Time is running out!

And to make matters worse my weekends are jam-packed from now till Christmas. I have no energy in the evenings to start baking (I'm in bed between 8-9pm every night) so the cookies have been on the backburner (heh...pun intended). I honestly wouldn't even bake this year (oh my god, the HORROR! April doesn't want to BAKE??) if it wasn't for the Cookie Swap at my work on Dec. 17th that I'm a part of and the people in my family that are expecting cookies (I bake them and hand out every year).

I already told Daryl I'm not mailing out cards this year. I feel horrible and un-holiday-ish but I just don't have the time this year--it would just be one more thing for me to stress about (THIS is why I normally mail them out IMMEDIATELY after Thanksgiving usually). Big D and I already got our gift to ourselves (our 32 inch flat tv for our bedroom) so we decided to just get each other a couple of small items for under the tree. But that still leaves all the rest of the family. I have no idea what to get anyone.

This week is a busy one. My doctor's appointment is today at 3:30pm, tomorrow from 3-6pm is my company Christmas party at my office which I have to make my Death by Chocolate for, Friday is my birthday which I took as a day off and I planned on using it to possibly start my Christmas shopping (AND buy an outfit to wear to Daryls's holiday party this weekend)--but yet there is supposed to be a Nor'Easter Thursday into Friday so there is the chance it will be a total wasted day. ARGH! Saturday in the morning we have to go pick up our wedding dvd's (finally), then we're meeting up with Sarah, Brian and Julia for me and Sarah to exchange birthday gifts and in the evening is Daryl's company Christmas party (which I may or may not have a damn outfit for).

How the hell am I going to be able to do all this? And my brain is shot, so I can't remember what is going on Sunday...I PRAY that it's nothing.

Can I go back to bed this morning? Please?

*UPDATE* I SHOULD have gone back to bed. After writing this, I tried to leave for work. I had my car running and locked (to warm up) and realized I could not get in with my spare key. It would not turn in the lock! After calling Triple AAA and having her tell me they could not come out cuz my name wasn't on Daryl's account, I hung up in the bitch's face and promptly broke into tears. 45 minutes and two angry calls from Daryl to Triple AAA later, I'm waiting for someone to show up. My vechile has been running for fourty-freakin-five minutes. I'm late for work. I bawled my eyes out. Trying to just sit here and calm these crazy hormones DOWN.

16 comments:

Kat said...

WOW!
You are STRESSED! You need to crawl back into bed. It is just one of those horrid Mondays.
Try and take one day at a time. Make a list of things you want to get done THAT DAY, not the whole week. It is too overwhelming.
Good luck!

How are you feeling?

Kel said...

oh honey, take a deep breath and try to relax, it will get easier!
~K

Heidi Renée said...

Wow, that is a rough start to the day. I hope it gets better!

We aren't doing Christmas cards, either. Jason doesn't care and I'm all "eeeeh" about it, so no cards. We'll save money and prevent trash that way!

Julie said...

Aww I'm sorry April, sounds like a stinky Monday. When your pg normal stress feels a million times worse and the tears. I hope they day gets better when you get to have your u/s!!! :)

the cubicle's backporch said...

That figures! You're probably the only person who locks her car while it's warming up and you can't get in the darn thing! Damn AAA. You probably never use them and the one time you try to, they get crappy about it. Not fun. You deserve your starbucks today! :)

Melissa said...

Small steps, April! You've got a lot on your plate right now. Break it down into little things and delegate.

You know that D will be more than happy to help, let him.

Your most important thing this year...let that baby get what it needs from it's mama!

Deep breath, don't forget to take care of you.

Stephanie said...

Oh hun..I'm so sorry! I sure hope your day and week gets better!
Good luck this weekend!
Cant wait to hear about your appt today!!!
When all this stresses you out, think about that lil bean in your belly and SMILE!!!
((hugs))

lovelylalo said...

Welcome to my world! LOL, no really, it is just that time of the year and you have a lot on your plate and mind. Just look forward to that appointment today. At least you made it to work, I am sure they understood.

It is a blah Monday for me too. I haven't done any shopping/cards/baking myself. I can't seem to get into it. Maybe it is all this talk about economy that has me down in the dumps. Anyhow...things will all work out. Take things an event at a time.

Enjoy the rest of this Monday, it is almost half way over now.

Melek said...

i'd say call in for a day off today and work on Friday during the nor'easter. poor thing. what a crappy way to start the week!

and it's been a while since i checked your blog (i've been slack, i know), so congrats on being PREGGERS!!!! Thats fantastic. i'll have to read thru your past posts to figure out all the details. very exciting!

Tabitha said...

Oh goodness ~ I hope that you got the car all sorted out in the end!!
I remember those early pregnancy hormones ~ not good tee hee!! I used to cry when ever anyone was NICE to me and once somone offered me a cup of tea and I burst out crying ha ha !!!!
Love and big hugs XXXXXXX

Stephanie said...

Oh dear! You poor thing. I think I would have gone back to bed after the car incident.

And I'm having the same issue with trying to figure out what to get people. Finally got the hubby's today. Whew!

Sarah said...

Oh dude thats sucks! I would have cursed AAA out. But thats just me.

Sorry your day started so crappy. Hopefully the rest was better.

And...um...I'm sorry did you say something about a big storm?! Cause thats NOT OKAY!!! We're moving this weekend! It isnt allowed to snow! AHHHHHHHHH!! Nervous breakdown here I come!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Ugh. That was a cruel start to the day, even for a Monday. I hope it's gotten better for you since then.

As for all the holiday stress? Just make a list of what you have to do, in order of priority. What you get to, you get to. What you don't? Oh well. And cards? I still get them in my mailbox all the way past the New Year. But you know what? I love it. Who doesn't like happy mail instead of bills or junk?! And anyway, the Christmas season technically lasts til January 6. It's all going to be ok. Deep breath.

OHmommy said...

OH

MY

GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You are prego?

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

How could I have missed this? You are about to become a mommy blogger. Eeeekkkkk!!!! Hugs and kisses April and give Big D a high five.

Mega said...

Drink 2 bottles of wine and call me in the morning.

Jaina said...

::hugs:: I hope the rest of the week gets better.