Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Introducing to the Bloggy-World for the first time...



....it's little Baby Cashew!! (becuz "Peanut" is so over-rated). And sorry for the tiny picture. Obviously Big D and I are utter dorks when it comes to scanning and saving pics.

We had our doctor's appointment today and it went great! Daryl and I both got to see the happy flutter of the Cashew's swift heartbeat. Seeing that, and realizing that this little nut was growing inside of me, was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. My smile was ear to ear, infectious.



In symptom-news, I still have not succumbed to morning sickness (yet...knock on wood) and I'm thankful for that. However, if I get it, I'll "happily" puke my way through it. So far I've had the most wicked indigestion in my life. I can honestly say Daryl is quite tired of hearing me burp. Burping is my life now. I've only had heartburn twice (and once was after eating my deliciously, delectable Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Christmas tree....bummer!) and I did have some dry-heaving moments yesterday after a bout with eggs. I am going to be steering clear of eggs for a couple of days. Heh. I have some yummy Ben and Jerry's in the freezer right now but the idea of eating that makes my stomach roll, so sadly, no ice cream tonight.



I'm still tired but trucking along...the only reason I'm still up/awake right now is becuz I had to bake five and a half dozen cookies for a cookie swap at work tomorrow otherwise I'd be curled up in bed. Sorry to the guys reading this but it's got to be said...my dang boobs are getting BIG already. Day-UM, people. I'm in trouble! And my nipples? Holy crap, it's like the headlights are ON all the time. My stomach is bloated up to the size of a small watermelon and the majority of my clothes can not be buttoned over it. We didn't even go to Daryl's Christmas party this weekend becuz I had a minor meltdown in a dressing room when I couldn't find anyting to fit, and then the constipation this weekend pretty much didn't help matters any.



But ya know what? I wouldn't trade ANY of it, for the world. I'm so thankful to be where I am, growing and nurturing this life that Daryl and I created. I look forward to this journey, the unknown, in the next nine months!! And then meeting our little Cashew beyond that!

27 comments:

Melissa said...

Welcome to pregnancy...there are so many things that aren't fun but the end result is so worth it!!

Hope you skip the morning sickness and move right onto the nexting phase.

Flea said...

Oh what fun! I'd be jealous - but I'm not. :D You may feel free to enjoy this allllll you want!

Kel said...

Yep, you're definitely on your way to mommyhood ... oh the joys! (I'm happy for you, and even happier that its not me)
~K

Sweetly Single said...

congrats you three!!!

OHmommy said...

I love the name Cashew. You have a big D and now a little C.

Congrats again.

Kat said...

Aww. Look at your little Cashew!!! So precious. :)
So glad you haven't lost your lunch just yet. I haven't either. Just some waves of nausea here and there. No big deal. But like you said, the fatigue is crazy. So tired.

Congrats on your baby's first picture! :)

Poltzie said...

How come you had a U/S so early?
I'm glad your little one is growing so nicely for you and that you haven't had any MS yet!
I also couldn't eat ice cream. I was the only girl in the world who craved fruit and yogurt. Of course that was only in the beginning hehe!
Don't worry about the belly. Mine came out at 12 weeks and I was huge in the beginning. I remember everyone saying how I was having twins because I was huge.
Then after about 6 months I slowed down and everyone was saying how tiny I was at the end.
Either way I was just like you. I was happy to be pregnant, even through the few crappy things. Lawson is such an easy baby and everyone says that it's because I was so happy my whole pregnancy. Your baby is going to be the same!
Ok, sorry about the novel. Now go get that ticker!!!!

bekah said...

hello cashew!!!!

Robyn said...

I like cashew. I thought mine looked like an alien that early.

RC - Rambling Along... said...

Little Dude was "Baby Bean" throughout the nine months. And we toally waited until the grand finale, driving all of our friends and family crazy, to discover out the gender of our boy. So, Baby Bean was referred to as "it," a lot! ;-)

I didn't do a lot of the "sick" thing, but my stomach would object at thoughts of certain things. Eggs went bye-bye early on - not because I wanted to hurl, but the thought of them just didn't appeal to me at all, so I knew it was a bad idea.

Loving Baby Cashew and great pics! (And I thought seeing the heartbeat was more awesome than finally hearing it, truthfully!)

Steph said...

Ok first off I feel like a shumck because I have been so bad about reading blogs lately. So of course I was so so excited to see the new that you are expecting a Cashew!!! Congrats to you! What a great way yot start off the new year.

Stephanie said...

I am so happy for you! What a cute little cashew he/she is too :)

You never gave us your due date!!

April said...

Oops, sorry Stephanie, I keep forgetting to post it! LOL Estimated due date is August 9, 2009!

the cubicle's backporch said...

Will you call him Cash for short? hee hee. August 9th. Whew. I hope you're still this optimistic when you're fully pregnant in the summer!!

Melek said...

little cashew is adorable :)

Julie said...

Nice to meet you Cashew!!!

I am smiling ear to ear, I am soooo excited for you. I will miss our little Q&A emails but I am still sooooo excited for you guys.

secretly, I can't wait to shop for little baby things :)

I never actually got sick...I just had no appetite whatsoever and I had to force myself to eat. The thought of food just made me ill. Oh and public bathrooms....Eewwwww!! I couldn't walk in one without dry heaving, people must have thought I was crazy!! Even our Employee bathroom where I worked which was a small office....it made me wanna hurl.

The Captain's Wife said...

Yup...you're preggo alright....I had the worse HB for the first couple of months...I ate tums with every meal. I am a coffee addict and could not handle it until I was nearly 5 months along..

My boobs didn't get bigger (not that i needed them too) but DAMN do I know what you mean about full on high beams! I HIGHLY recommend investing in padded bras!

Did they advise you how far you are? What your EDD is? And where they able to measure the BPM yet?

angie said...

Oh, look at your little cashew........love the introduction......I'm so excited for you........

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

oh you are cracking me up - and to think you have so MANY more fun things to look forward too - I won't enlighten you on those joys!! So glad to hear you are doing awesome!

kittyconcerto.com said...

You got an ultrasound already! Woo hoo! Hello little cashew!

lovelylalo said...

Okay, I'll go with Cashew too, my boy was THE PEANUT, not just PEANUT. lol...now I refer to them as "THE BOY" and "THE GIRL". I love it. August 9th is a good due date. That is my baby sister's birthday! YAY! Easy for me to remember.

Enjoy this little and wonderful blessing. I am waiting for all those belly shots to come!

Krystyn said...

What a cute little cashew. I'm already missing it!

Are you going to find out the gender? It is so fun if you don't.

I used to gag on my toothbrush! Eek!

Chris said...

Congratulations! You are embarking on the longest, hardest, most tiring, and most rewarding adventure of your life.
I remember the first time we heard the heartbeat -- it changed everything!
And it sounded like a washing machine.

Tabitha said...

Hello to your sweet little Cashew (I agree ~ cashews are much nicer than peanuts!!)
I am so excited to be following you on this wonderful journey to Motherhood!!
It is an experience that you cannot compare to anyhting else in life and I am thankful every day for my beautiful children.
Take care ~ love and big hugs to you both and to little cashew too!!
XXXXX

Tabitha said...

PS ~ Glad that you clarified that there is just one baby ~ as the word verification said 'girls' last time I commented ~ so I was convinced it was twins ha ha XXXX

Jaina said...

Oh April, congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! Thanks for sharing the picture. I hope you feel better. :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Hello cute little Cashew! Now that I finally have internet back, I need to give Mommy a letter... How about S!