Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry (belated) Christmas everyone!

I'm such a slacker lately with bloggin'. I just never feel good enough to focus on it. Most of the time I'm laying on the couch, in my sweat pants, moaning about how much my tummy hurts, or how nauseous I am. (But thank gawd, no puking, so I really can't complain!!). I ended up not being able to eat much of Christmas Eve or Christmas dinner becuz (1) I fill up way too easily now and (2) the smell of the ham and lasagna on Christmas Day totally turned my stomach! Of course, the pie went down nice and easy!! A tiny sliver each of apple and pumpkin. Mmmm! But sadly it wasn't homemade, I bought store-bought...OH MY GOD, the horror!

We got great gifts this year, our family's and friends are awesome! I appreciate it all so much. Lots of gift cards, some I already mentioned in a previous post: Cheesecake Factory, Kohl's, Old Navy, Chili's, Macy's. Also we got about $250 in cash from his Grandma and Dad, and my Mom, that will be going towards the purchase of a snow blower. Big D's bad back can NOT handle shoveling this heavy snow and he refuses to let me help him (at least until next winter...heh heh).

I also got a beautiful afghan from D's Grandma. I cuddled with it on Christmas morning. We got up around seven (thanks to the puppy whining, he's preparing us for the baby. He wakes us up at random times crying!) and I made Daryl coffee, and hot chocolate for myself (again, coffee and tea are TOTAL turn-offs for me since I've been pregnant! How crazy is that?) and I made some yummy cinnamon rolls in the oven. We opened up our gifts, then our stockings, and then watched A Christmas Story, my favorite and both of us fell asleep on the couch for a nice nap. Since this will be our last Christmas sans child, we were lazy and did whatever our hearts felt! Stayed in pj's until about 20 minutes until my mom and her boyfriend arrived (yup! I even skipped a shower!) and I kept dinner low-key: spiral ham, mashed potatoes, corn, and dinner rolls. And my Mom made and brought yummy lasagna. Her boyfriend, John, made a delicious pepperoni bread which I ate THREE pieces of and had THE WORST indigestion ever from (damn garlic that I love so much).

And Daryl did AWESOME for my gifts this year! We had decided (since buying our 32" flat screen tv for the bedroom about a month ago) to keep Christmas light so I got what he asked for: he wanted socks, undies, etc. I also got him a pair of jeans, a shirt, a Patriots calendar, and two movies (Stepbrothers, and TommyBoy). I also stuffed into his stocking a cute little onesie for the baby that said "My Daddy Rocks". WELL I felt totally out-done by Big D this year. He not only got me a $50.00 gift card to the maternity store, totally unexpected but appreciate so much, he also got me THIS (click on the word to see it) and I LOVE it!! It can record up to 60 minutes and can be uploaded to our computer OR we can even view the video on the tv. He knew I'd love it for when the baby is here and he was right. Plus it's so nice and small we can take it on vacation or anywhere we want to record without a big, bulky cumbersome video camera. Love it! I also got two new Disney movies to add to my collection (I'm a Disney movie buff! I had them all on video and have been slowly converting to DVD): Sleeping Beauty, and The Little Mermaid (two of my favorites).

We still have Christmas with Daryl's Mom's side of the family tomorrow so that will be fun. Hopefully I'll be able to stomach whatever we eat! If not, I'll just eat dessert again. ;-)

How was your Christmas(es)??? Did you all get good gifts from Santa??

12 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

I love Disney movies! My sister got me Sleeping Beauty on bluray. It has always been my favorite.

Poltzie said...

Merry Christmas and YAY for a ticker!!

RCRambling said...

Merry Christmas! And merry last Christmas as just a twosome!

Yes, when I was pregnant, we bought a new camera and the Hubby got a camcorder, so it sounds about right.

This year, he got accessories for his ladder (Werner-brand version of the Little Giant, which he uses constantly and loves), some clothes, and a set of radio-controlled cars - to be shared between him and Little Dude. He got me Photoshop Elements, which I have been so wanting, since I'm taking a ton of pictures, and some new pajamas (something I totally love - new pajamas are such a luxury!).

Little Dude got a toy monorail, Handy Manny tools (you'll learn about Handy Manny later, if you have a child into Disney, like we are), and a lot of cars!

More celebrating with my family later, so got to run!

Merry Christmas and glad you had a great one (have fun doing a little maternity clothes shopping - Motherhood Maternity has some great items, especially if you watch their clearance racks for deals!)!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you guys hit the jackpot. Santa was good to all of us and now I just need to figure out where to put it all.

Can't wait until you have the little one next year...you will be amazed how much your Christmas changes...

Amy said...

My sister got us a mini digital camera too. I had told her I wanted to buy one for David as his birthday, christmas and anniversary present (birthday next month, anniversary the month after). Lucky for her I didn't buy one!

Tabitha said...

So pleased to hear that you had a good ~ Puke free ~ Christmas ha ha !!
Your gifts all sound wonderful ~ just think, next year you will have an extra special little stocking to fill with presents!
Love and big hugs Tabitha XXX

Krystyn said...

Merry Christmas. I didn't know The Little Mermaid was out.

And, I'm jealous of your Flip. I wish I would have asked for one of those. It's perfect for kiddos and seems too easy to use! Good job Big D.

Flea said...

Oh my word. That camera is so TINY. How very cool! Big D did well. You did well snagging Big D. :)

Merry Christmas, April! Sounds like you had the perfect "last Christmas before life as we know it changes forever". But it's all good.

kittyconcerto.com said...

I told you that you might be turned off by coffee. Interesting. Sorry you weren't feeling good at Christmas. I can relate!

The onesie you gave Daryl was a really cute idea!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, April! Though nowhere near as much fun as you're going to have starting *next* Christmas! =)

lovelylalo said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas, especially the laying around in pj's all morning. Most awesome. Big D did an awesome job on the gifts.

Jaina said...

That all sounds perfect. :) I hope you had a very Merry Christmas :)