Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My birthday is this Friday. I'll be 32 years old. Ugh.

I took the day off from work with the intentions of having some kick-ass birthday plans but of course, life happens and things don't work out the way you envision (not that I'm complaining!! I'm just super-super tired and know a day trip to NY to see the Christmas lights is not on the agenda anymore). Big D is still working (he was originally going to take the day off too but he's had to take other time off lately: short day for doctor's appt. on Monday, short day for my holiday Christmas party on Tuesday afternoon) so I'll be on my own during the day.

I thought I'd maybe finally, finally get started on my Christmas shopping. Of course a big, nasty, messy storm is rolling in just in time for...you guessed it...my birthday. So who knows if that will pan out. I still have NO OUTFIT to wear to Daryl's company Christmas party Saturday night so I do have to venture out sometime to get one. I'm not looking forward to trying on clothes. Ugh!

So hopefully if I'm lucky, I'll just have a nice quiet birthday night with my Big D on Friday...maybe he'll take me out to dinner or something local and fun. Keep your fingers crossed the messy weather STAYS AWAY till at least next week!

21 comments:

Aimée said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us, we were supposed to get snow but it bypassed us. I certainly hope the same happens for your birthday!! :)

Stephanie said...

Hope the storm passes and you are able to get some shopping done!
It was 77 degrees yesterday and the low tonight is 30..gotta love Texas! Atleast we dont ahve to deal with snow! lol
Happy Early Birthday babe!!

Sarah said...

Girl I'll have EVERYTHING crossed that the nasty weather stays away! For your b-day and because we're moving this weekend. I dont wanna have to do it in the snow and ice. Blech!

Kat said...

It might end up being a really nice relaxing day staying home. Pamper yourself. Stay in your pajamas. Take a long bath! It will be fun!
And 32 is great!

April said...

Oh and Sarah, don't forget RAIN. Snow, ice and RAIN. UGH! I'll pray for you not to have to move in all that crap!

lovelylalo said...

Just make it a day to relax and unwind. You won't have many more of those days left. Hope the weather doesn't get too ugly for you.

Poltzie said...

I've got everything crossed for you!
Oh, and tell D that I would have eaten those cookies - yummy!!

Krystyn said...

Happy almost birthday!

Enjoy the day and catch up on rest and relaxation!!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

if the storm doesn't hit too early - GO OUT - get a mani & pedi and facial - you will feel sooo much better!!

Happy early Birthday girl!

bekah said...

fingers crossed over here! and happy early birthday!!!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

I havn't been blogging in a littl bit so I havn't seen the great news! CONGRATS ON THE BABY!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Fingers crossed for you! And Happy EARLY Birthday! :)

Melissa said...

Happy early birthday! We got 6 inches of snow and ice out of that storm...I hope it misses you completely.

Tabitha said...

Hope that the bad weather clears away and you have a wonderful birthday!!
I am sure that you will have a special day ~ no matter what you do.
Love and big hugs Tabitha XXX

Kel said...

Happy Early Birthday...
~K

the cubicle's backporch said...

Gosh, it seems that everytime I plan a "Girls Night", it snows. Or ices. Or something horrid. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

kittyconcerto.com said...

Sometimes quiet birthday's are the best. I hope it turns out splendidly for you!

Robyn said...

Have a Great Birthday. I was just thinking you found about the same time of the year as I did about being pregnant and now it is the same age as I was. A little weird.

Jaina said...

Happy early birthday...I hope the shopping works out.

Milo said...

Happy b-day! Looks like we're just a year apart! For some reason around 32/33 I actually started to feel like an adult. I'm not sure why - I mean I've been married for 9 years and have a 7 1/2 year old. Have a mortgage. All things that should make anyone feel like an adult. Just turning 32/33 made me feel like an adult. How 'bout you?

April said...

Some days I Do feel like an adult, Milo...other days? Not so much. LOL Yeah, my first official "adult" moment was buying my home almost five years ago. Then getting married. My next will be having this baby! I STILL can't believe I'm 32. :-) Where did the time go?