Monday, December 22, 2008

We had some good snow this weekend.

I say "good" becuz I didn't have to shovel it. Poor Big D, however, did a mixture of shoveling/snow throwing/snow blowing from Friday through this morning. Our snow thrower crapped out Saturday so luckily our neighbor let us borrow his snow blower.

Friday's storm dumped the most snow on us...and of course Friday is the day I had taken as a vacation day to get some holiday shopping done (I got up early and went with my mom, in anticipation that the snow would start sometime around noon-ish) and then find out my work let everyone go at noon. I love "paying" for my day off while everyone else got a "free" almost full day off, on the company. GRrrrrrr!!!

Oh, on a funny snow-side note, Daryl and I went to a friend's Friday night (yes in the snow...I love four wheel drive) and when we got home and jumped out of hte truck I heard Daryl say, "Son of a bitch! Someone stole our snow shovel!"

"Are you kidding me? People suck!" I said.

"Look, here are the asshole's footprints."

"Follow them!" I cried. "We'll get our damn shovel back!" I was only half-joking but Daryl took off in the softly falling snow, following the big footprints that lead away from where the shovel had been. I stood out in the dark, getting cold, waiting, as I saw him round the corner.

"Well I didn't think he'd go that far." I mumbled to myself, finally going into the house. Then as time was going by and still no sight of Daryl I started to feel nervous, thinking he found the shovel and was kicking someone's ass. Heh. I let the dogs out in the backyard and herad voices and saw my neighbor/friend Brian's car headlights on (the back of his property abuts a portion of the back of ours) but I didn't see Daryl or Brian. Finally, finally, Daryl came back, laughing.

"I found our shovel!"

He said he kept walking, following the footsteps past the two houses next to ours and around the corner to hte next street. Two houses down is Brian's house and just as he looked up, Brian, who was shoveling, said, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Trying to find my damn shovel. Someone stole it!"

"I have your shovel!" Brian said with a laugh. "I borrowed it when you guys weren't home!" So needless to say, never take something from our property in the snow. We WILL follow your footsteps home!!

Anyway, exchanged some birthday (and a couple Christmas) gifts this weekend with friends. My birthday was the 12th, Sarah's is the 24th, and April #2's is the 28th. I got some good stuff! Gift cards to Old Navy, Macy's, Kohl's, a $50 gift certificate for Macaroni Bar and Grill for me and Big D from April #2's parents (yum!), two Yankee Candles in some of my favorite scents (Home Sweet Home and Christmas Cookie) and Daryl got a gift card to Cheesecake Factory which I will gladly help him use up if need be. Plus I had gotten some good money from my in-laws for my birthday...totaling about $160 so I went to Old Navy on Friday and got some clothes. FINALLY. I have been in dire straits with pretty much nothing that fits me (this can NOT be blamed on pregnancy unfortunately) so I got a bunch of stuff.

And now it's Monday again. Blah. I still have to buy more family Christmas gifts, a ham and the fixings for Christmas dinner (My mom and her boyfriend are coming over) and then wrap the gifts. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, eh?

13 comments:

Poltzie said...

Talk about waiting until the last minute. I'm going shopping tomorrow -pray for me!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. I'll be sure to ask before I borrow your shovel...;)

Though that would be a WHOLE lot of footprints to follow, huh?

Morgan said...

Oh I'm a total procrastinator too so don't feel bad!

I literally laughed as I pictured Daryl in my head trotting through the snow hunting down the "shovel stealer"! LOL!

Mmmm and Christmas Cookie is my favorite scent too! I can just smell it now! I'm a candle freak.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a great weekend full of lots of fun gifts! SO glad you were able to get some new clothes..that always fun!!
Glad you found your shovel too! lol Thats too funny!!

Heidi Renée said...

We got that snow, too. It makes me really want a garage when we have to dig our cars out! I'm just hoping my flight home tomorrow doesn't get messed up because of it.

Kel said...

Merry Christmas!
~K

Jaina said...

Haha, I definitely pulled an all nighter last night and I'm STILL not done with my projects. I'm glad Daryl found the shovel ;)

Melek said...

your company won't comp you that 1/2 day that everyone got off for free??? that really stinks! totally unfair.

i love that big D followed the foot prints in the snow! hahaha...luckily he didn't have to beat anyone to death with the shovel!

have a merry Christmas!

Tabitha said...

I am jealous ~ wish that we had snow here ~ you have just got to post some snow pictures.....
love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

lovelylalo said...

You go girl, lets, HOW DO THEY SAY....

Procrastinators Unite...TOMORROW!

ha ha. I didn't get anything done this weekend...just not in the XMAS spirit for some reason. Odd since I have the most money to spend, then I usually have.

Just don't feel like fighting the crowds.

Stinks about your vacation day and they let everyone go...doesn't that just burn you up...Murphy's Law I suppose.

Great Shovel story! Enjoy the snow and cold.

Kat said...

Haha!! I love that shovel story. I know my hubby would have done the same thing. ;)

We got around 19 inches of snow in two days here. And the temps are -6 degrees. Bah! I'm ready for spring. :)

Krystyn said...

Merry Christmas!

I'm glad you found your shovel..I think my hubby would have said the person needed it more than us and bought a new one!

Mega said...

Your husband is awesome. Tell him to drink a beer for me.