Tuesday, January 20, 2009

11 weeks: Our little Cashew

Your Baby This Coming Week
The end of the twelfth week of pregnancy marks the end of the first trimester. Your baby is now almost 2.5 inches long (6.1cm) when measured from crown to rump, and weighs between 0.3 and 0.5 ounces (9 to 13g).
Your baby's fingers and toes have separated and are getting longer. Your baby can open and close its mouth and drinks amniotic fluid which it passes out as urine. Its head is becoming more rounded, though it is still large in proportion to its body. It has eyelids.
You can now hear your baby's heartbeat with a Doppler Ultrasound device!
Your baby continues to grow rapidly and has doubled in size in the last three weeks alone.
The face is beginning to look more human, and all body structures are present with a few refinements still in progress. Fingernails and toenails begin to develop this week.
Your baby's muscles are sufficiently developed to allow for involuntary movements at this time. The messages which control your baby's movements are sent from the spine, rather than the brain, which is not yet sufficiently developed.


P.S. Our little Cashew is now the size of a large LIME this week! S/he is growing like crazy, now!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah little cashew!!
I still love these posts!!
hope you are feeling ok!

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

I am loving the fruit comparisons. Large Lime. Cute update on the little cashew.

Julie said...

:) awww s/he's really growing!!

Tabitha said...

Oh Look at that picture ~(on your baby countdown) your little cashew is getting much bigger now ~ I know I have had two babies ~ but I still find all this totally amazing!!!!!
Take care ~ love and hugs to you guys XXXXXXXXXXXX

Sarah said...

YAY!!

How are YOU feelin?

April said...

Sarah-I'm feeling MUCH better! Less nausea, less fatigue...and I MUST be doing better cuz I have gotten back into cooking dinner again. I'm SO glad to be feeling better!

Melissa said...

Wow, is it just me or is time moving really slowly. 9 weeks until you find out the sex? :) Not that I'm counting or anything...

kittyconcerto.com said...

Holy Crap! I can't believe how quickly this is moving for you! I feel like I'm moving at a slow pace and your running to catch up. Crazy.

Big D said...

K-I'm trying so hard to catch up. LOL Can you tell?

Jaina said...

This is seriously too exciting!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Whoa! A LIME?? Amazing!

April said...

Okay that was ME typing above, not Big D. Obviously Big D is NOT preggo and trying to "catch up" to Mrs. Kitty. LOL