Friday, January 02, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Wow, it's 2009. I can't wrap my brain around that, yet.

I feel like as I get older, the years are just flying by in rapid succession. It's a scary thought! I'm not afraid of getting older, not exactly, but I think I am afraid of "losing time" and not feeling like I have accomplished enough in my life. With this pregnancy, one p
iece of that feeling has been chipped away. I feel like Daryl and I have made THE MOST impressive change in our lives, thus far. Am I freakin' scared as hell about where it will lead? Hell yeah! I'm not going to sugar-coat it. I'm scared shitless about being responsible for another life. I can't even pay my bills on time, or remember to grab that gallon of milk from the grocery store that we need, or keep up with the laundry (yes, I often wear Daryl's socks when I run out of my own clean socks!). But I also feel honored and eager and in some senses, ready, to enter this next chapter in my life.New Year's Eve was pretty uneventful. 2008's holidays were all really low-key this year for us. New Year's Eve night was no exception. I had fast food (healthy, I know) for dinner, watched some boring tv while Daryl broke out and used the snow blower on ours and our neighbors driveways, and I was in bed by ten p.m. I wished everyone a Happy New Year in the morning and that was just fine with me. I remember all the crazy New Year's Eve partying (drinking!!) of the past, and how much fun it was, and the crazy part is, I really don't miss it in the least! I love my quiet nights at home with Daryl. And I will love it even more when we have this little bundle of love at home to cuddle with.

After all that rambling, I guess all want to say is that I hope you all had good 2008 and now head into a bigger and better (and healthy!!) 2009!

15 comments:

Aimée said...

Hope you have a happy new year too. It will be so exciting for you, I can't wait to read more about your pregnancy. Brings back the memories!

Tabitha said...

Happy New Year April ~ I know that this year will hold lots of wonderful things for you and Daryl.
I was just the same as you before I had Daniel and Lauren ~ scared to death by the thought of it all!! Here I am now ~ 11 years later ~ and somehow we have muddled through it all ~ they are both great kids ~ so I think I have done ok ha ha !!
You will make a wonderful Mum ~
love and big hugs Tabitha XXXX

RCRambling said...

Happy new year!

Poltzie said...

Nope, You will be brilliant. I used to have a dirty house all the time, landry piles everywhere, empty fridge (or full of things that didn't get eaten) and now things are different.
Trust me, You will be fine!
Happy New Year April. This is the year you become a Mommy!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Tell me about it girl...years ago I was partying it up on NYE and this year I was at a block party with Landon! I wouldnt have it any other way though!
Believe me...you wont forget formula or diapers at the store..that sweet little baby in the cart with you will remind you ALL the time by screaming b/c he/she has a dirty butt or is hungry! lol
You are going to be great parents!!

lovelylalo said...

Happy New Year! I agree with you that the time seems to just fly by faster with each passing year. So my advice to you is, enjoy that little bundle of joy. While preggers and throughout. My Boy/Girl are already 12/9 and it hardly seems possible.

LC

Melissa said...

I can hardly believe this is the year you will become parents! I'm so excited for you! Enjoy these last few months because every thing changes with a new baby.

I can't wait until the showers start happening...remember to let us in on your registry!!

Julie said...

Happy New Year!!
I am so happy that you and Daryl are going to be parents. It is simply the best thing ever. I can't wait to meet him or her...by the way will you guys find out or wait. I hope that 2009 is happy for you guys in many ways.

Kel said...

There's nothing wrong with staying home ... family is the most incredible thing to ring in the new year with and besides, just because you didn't ring it in with a big bang, doesn't mean you won't next time!

Happy 2009

Steph said...

Happy New Year April! 2009 is going to be a great year!!!

Tabitha said...

Hi there April ~ I just popped over to let you know that I have left a blog award over at my blog ~ for all my blogging friends ~ so come on over and collect it when you get a spare moment!!
love and hugs Tabitha XXX

Rhea said...

BIG SQUEAL!!!!!

You're pregnant! Congrats!! What wonderful New Year news!

Krystyn said...

Happy New Year!

And, you know what...it always works out...so stop worrying now...you will worry about your kiddo the rest of your life! Enjoy this part:)

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

Happy New Year - and just wait until you are 40 you won't believe how time flies!

Jaina said...

I hope you had a wonderful New Year. Can't wait for your little blessing to get here :)