Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Letter to my unborn child...


Dear Baby,

I can't stop staring at your u/s picture. I can't stop day-dreaming about how you'll look, your features, your fingertips, if you'll be long-legged like your Mommy or long-torso'd like your Daddy. I wonder what your voice, your cry, will sound like. If you'll be a fussy baby, or easy to please (I won't complain for either!).

I wonder if you'll be a Daddy's Girl or a Mommy's Boy (just gotta hold out about 7-8 more weeks to know!!) and whether you'll be a shy little Cashew, or an independent nut!

I'm so, so eager and excited to hold you in my arms, smell your sweetness, feel your smooth baby-skin but at the same time, I will cherish this time that I carry you inside. I know it will only happen once, before you join us out in the world, and I feel so lucky that I was chosen to keep you safe and sound for nine months. I wish that Daddy could get to experience this part of the pregnancy as well, I hate for him to feel left out. So I promise to keep him as informed as possible of every little change my body goes through...and then down the road when I can finally feel you, to make sure he gets to feel you move too. We both wait excitedly, patiently, for that day.

Until then, I will continue to hold my hand to my belly and send you lots of loving, healthy energy. I will continue to dream about you and what you look like. I will continue to love you more and more every day as you grow bigger and stronger. Until then...keep growing my little Love!

Love you Always,
Your Mommy

17 comments:

Flea said...

Awww! Hurry up, little Cashew!

Heidi Renée said...

That is soooo sweet!

krissy said...

Awwww. I hope he/she is a independent NUT. Awwwww.

Kel said...

Awe...that is so sweet!
~K

Julie said...

Mommy...how sweet that sounds.

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful letter from Mommy!
Made me miss being pregnant (and that desnt happen too often..lol)

OHmommy said...

Gosh I wish that I had started blogging while preggo.

This was so sweet April.

Melissa said...

Ack! I so remember that time...I wish I had been able to do it more than once.

And hey, if your little cashew is lucky like ours...they will have their daddies long torso and their mommies long legs.

Not sure if that's the best of both worlds or not. My 6 year old is already wearing 7/8 sized girl clothes. :)

Krystyn said...

Oh, that is so sweet! And, makes me want to do it all over again!

Remember this time, because it passes so quickly!

Morgan said...

aww April- that is beautiful!! It almost brought tears to my eyes...the "independent nut" made me laugh! :) Keep enjoying this girl!

Jaina said...

Awww, April. ::hugs:: So precious.

Tabitha said...

That is so sweet April and actually brought tears to my eyes!!
Take care ~ of you and sweet litte cashew ~ love and hugs Tabitha XXX

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Very very sweet! Enjoy the few weeks you have left. There are so many cool things to come...and then LABOR!! lol

Poltzie said...

Aww, so sweet April!!
And I just noticed that you are almost out of frist tri - woohoo!!

RCRambling said...

Very nice. Be certain to keep this post for the baby book!

~**Dawn**~ said...

And I have no doubt that your little Cashew feels every single ounce of your love. =)

MarciaBrady said...

AWE...that's so sweet! Makes me wanna have another!