Tuesday, January 13, 2009



Our doctor's appointment went great last night.




I am pleased becuz honestly, I was contemplating changing doctors, up until this point. But yesterdays' appointment was the last of the day (unlike our previous two) and neither Daryl or I felt like the doctor was rushing us out of the office. He let me ask my questions, he asked questions of his own, and he volunteered information. AND they finally weighed me, gave me a flu shot, took my blood pressure and he finally, finally started saying all the things I wanted to hear. Up until last night, I was feeling so discouraged that the only information I could really get on my own pregnancy was from books, online or chat boards. Not that the info I got wasn't good, but just that I was starting to feel like my doctor wasn't taking me or my pregnancy very seriously.




Yesterday changed all that.




And.




And.




We got to see our little Cashew again on ultrasound!




As soon as the image showed up on the screen I gasped. It looked like an actual baby shape this time, and not just a nut! And the best part of all? S/he was wiggling around like crazy, limbs moving to and fro. I remember gasping and asking in surprise, "Is that the baby moving??
I knew what it was but the image was so surreal, I think I just needed the doctor's confirmation.




And Big D was totally cute. He kept repeating over and over, in an awed voice, "Oh my God. That is just so cool. Oh my God!"




He showed us the image in 2D and in 3D as well, but the 3D image was not very clear unfortunately. I have both, just becuz they are on the same sheet and I forgot to ask Daryl to cut them before scanning them. So you get to see both.
Wow, this seems more and more real every day! That is our baby!

20 comments:

lovelylalo said...

This is such an amazing journey for you and Big D, you will have many more, "Oh my Gods" along the way. I am so happy that your appointment went well.

Continue resting and taking good care of you and your little bundle of joy.

Stephanie said...

Wow...S/he does look ike a little baby now!! I bet you guys are just beaming with smiles today!!
I'm so glad you felt more comfortable with your doctor yesterday..that is so important!!
Hope you are feeling good!!

Flea said...

A baby! A baby! I can't wait!!!

Kat said...

It's the most amazing thing ever, isn't it? Nothing better.
So glad your appointment went well. That just adds to the excitement.

How are you feeling? Doing okay? I am so nauseous that it shocks me. I have never had this before. I actually puked last night. Couldn't believe it.
Hope you are doing and feeling well. :)

Melissa said...

It doesn't get real until you start feeling movement...then there is no denying there is a little human inside of you!

I wish I could make those pictures bigger!!

Krystyn said...

A little cashew with a head, and arms and legs, too cute!

Stephanie said...

I just love ultrasounds! Those were my favorite appointments. I'm so happy you got to see little cashew on the big screen ;)

bekah said...

aw how exciting!!!! I am so happy for you both!

angie said...

Incredible of your baby~!

Sarah said...

oh, maybe I can start eating cashews again when s/he is a bit bigger. And looks like something else. lol!

I'm so happy for you!

Tabitha said...

They are so great ~ I am so excited for you!
Glad that things are better with your Doctor and you have the info you wanted.
Love and big hugs Tabitha XXXX

Robyn said...

I'm glad your Doctor came around. I love ultra sounds.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

oh Congrats!!!!!

Kel said...

oh how awesome...I'm still so excited for you both!!
~K

Trannyhead said...

I know they can sometimes seem like they're not interested in your pregnancy. I think it's just because they see pregnancies EVERY SINGLE DAY and you have only seen ONE. But if you don't like the doctor, I seriously think you should go somewhere else. It's SO not worth it. When you start gaining a lot of weight and they chastise you? Yeah. Not worth it.

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

I have finally started my 15 Year MEME! YAY ME {pat on the back}...I am sure you thought I forgot. I was trying to find yours to link on my page..but can't. BOO...hope you are doing well.
LC

Poltzie said...

Yay for good doctors! And yay for more cashew pictures! Do you get a U/S everytime? I'm so jealous, I only got two!

Steph said...

Glad the Dr. is starting to work out it is important that you feel at ease becuase you are going through some major changes now!

Melek said...

so, are you still calling the baby 'Cashew' or will the name now change to 'prune'?? :))

Jaina said...

This is seriously so exciting!! I'm so glad you like your doctor, I'm sure that is really important when you're pregnant.