Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dude.

My boobs are freakin' heavy.

My lovely ta-tas have definitely grown and then grown some more in the past 14 and a half weeks. If I thought they were big before? I was sadly mistaken. I will never make that mistake again, as I'm told they will just continue to morph in size.

Some days, I tell Daryl that I feel like I'm walking around with baby watermelons strapped to my chest. It's not the hugest deal (pun intended) that they are big, oh no, it's the fact that they feel like they weigh at least five pounds each. And that the headlights are ALWAYS on, if you know what I mean. And if you don't let me spell it out for you. My nipples. ...my damn nipples are so sensitive now that all day long its a matter of trying to ignore the fabric of bra and shirt rubbing up against them. And it is extremely annoying.

I have gone from my usual 38D (yes, I think I told you once before, I have pretty big knockers) to now realizing that I have to, have to, have to get a new bra. I've been trying to hold out cuz my bras were older and sorta stretched out so in my perverse April-logic I thought I'd have more time to grow in them.

Well, I was wrong.

While the cup size is not bad right now and I could continue to deal with it if it was necessary, what I can't deal with is how tight the band feels around my body. Ugh! I feel like I'm being squeezed. ALL. DAMN. DAY.

And becuz my boobs are so freakin' heavy, it just makes that squeezy-feeling worse as gravity takes its toll all day long. Some days, I will admit, when no one is around my desk? I rest my whole chest on my desktop. Aaaahhhh, temporary relief. Of course it doesn't look very professional if I'm caught in the act. Or my other favorite past time? When I run up and down the stairs at work, I make sure to hold them tight against me. It may look crazy but it sure as hell doesn't hurt!

So it is now time. Time to invest in some new (inexpensive) bras. I stress the inexpensive cuz lord knows how long I'll be wearing them till my boobies grow another size! Lord have mercy!
At this rate, I'll be able to breast feed an entire army of hungry babies. Ha! Kidding.

And yes, I just wrote an entire post about my "girls". But good gawd, they are so heavy.

22 comments:

Sarah said...

When I was pregnant with the monkey, my boobs got to be a staggering "H" yes..."H".
Good call on buying cheap bras at this point. And when you reach your "full size" I say get nursing bras(if you are gonna nurse that is) that way you can wear them even after the baby is born.

Mommychicky said...

Drop me an email at mommychicky@gmail.com so I can forward you a coupon for bras at onehanesplace.com. That's where I got all my cheapo bras when I was preggers.

Stephanie said...

You are so funny April! I love the last sentence!
Good luck...and sadly, they will get bigger! (and never look the same again!! sorry..its the truth!!)

Kat said...

Well I have definitely never had that problem. My nursing boobs are huge for me, but still not massive. I just wish they would stay that size after I am done breastfeeding. ;)

Now go get some new bras!!!

Melissa said...

Ah yes, the twins to seem to have a mind of their own during pregnancy, huh?

I was also large to begin with and got somewhat larger while pregnant (I lost 14 pounds the first 6 weeks so that helped). Should I mention that my tatas never went back to normal size?

I think I just heard you scream all the way across the country! :)

Hang in there! :)

Peeveme said...

Just wait When you breastfeed...It's unreal.

Also, if you want to try to save a bit of money why not try those extenders? You know those pieces of fabric with hook on the ends? That will give you an extra inch or two in the band (if the cups still fit)

Krystyn said...

My got huge, too!

Those extenders work great if you just need some in the strap are. Just wait....no to be a negative nelly, but ones your rib cage starts to grow, it gets so much worse.

And, then you have the baby and they get bigger. And, if you nurse, I swear the headlights stay on forever.

And, then you stop and you have pancakes.

Wow! That was negative. It really is great and I miss it!

Jewels said...

You have me laughing - boobie growth is one problem I didnt have with my last pregnancy and so not with this one either, (maybe a little but not noticeable).

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

You will be the LOCAL Selma Hayek. LOL...OH my goodness Apes, you are too funny. My tata's do this to me every month. I think my weight gain (not due to pregnancy) may add to this a bit. Best of luck and I hope you do NOT get caught in the ACT of RELIEF.

Amy said...

I think mine stopped growing, sometime in the second trimester.
The new bras I bought still fit me, mostly. But, it could be that my stomach has just so totally surpassed my boobs, that they look normal. They do stop hurting though, that was the worst for me in beginning. I couldn't lay on my side without putting a pillow underneath, it felt like there were cement blocks pulling them to the bottom of the ocean.

And ha to the pancake nipple comment. My hubby says he's totally intimidated by the size of mine. I guess babies don't have the greatest vision right away so they need a nice, huge target to make sure they can find the food supply.

April said...

Ha ha! Oh my god YOU girls all have me laughing. So I have GINORMOUS boobs to look forward to while breastfeeding, then PANCAKE boobs after? WOO HOO! LOL And Amy, I feel you, I think my nipples should have their own TIME ZONE right now. LOL

Julie said...

Oh god, I forgot about the headlights... Go get fitted, JcPenney helped me-I was a ddd before Em and I am now a H...Lovely. But I would have kept cramming them in the DDD's if the nice little lady at Jcpenney didn't help me....If you headlights are bothering you try nursing pads now, they did help some.

Big D said...

So this little bundle of joy is going to ruin my funbags!!! GOD DAMN IT...... that is my scream to the world. I only like pancakes on a plate for breakfast also Jeez now I have to worry about Apes ginormous boobs and the bills.. God I hope that tree has strong limbs......Where is that short rope?????

April said...

Oh Big D...you'll love my FUNBAGS no matter what. LOL

Stephanie said...

I wish I could tell you it will get better. But it won't. Not until you have the little one. But you are better than me...imagine starting out as a DD! Yikes! It was not fun.

Carsa said...

Girl you are too funny! I can picture you resting those funbags on your desk right now. Haha. Hope all is going well. Miss you!

RC - Rambling Along... said...

I did the extender trick, and it worked great. And the growth may taper off a bit - I've heard mixed reviews from my pregnant friends.

Oh the fun of pregnancy...

angie said...

Oh BOY. I remember my boobs being ITCHY all the time when I was pregnant.

the cubicle's backporch said...

All I heard was 'brag brag big boobs brag brag brag'. Hee hee. I'm just kidding- I know from my big-boobed friends that they're a pain!

Tabitha said...

Yep ~ remember it well!!
Wait until you have had 2 kids......then the fun really starts!! Mine have never been the same ~ but what the heck ha ha !!
Glad that things are going well!!
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

kittyconcerto.com said...

Girl, the big boobies are my favorite part about being pregnant! Although anything past a D may be too much. But it makes your tummy look smaller for a lot longer! Always looking on the bright side for you. ;)

Poltzie said...

Yeah, make sure you don't spend lots of money though because you will be buying nursing bras in no time!