Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I know it's Wednesday but I'm JUST getting around to posting about my weekend.

It was a busy one!

It's obvious I'm feeling better, cuz we did more this weekend than I've done the entire past four months!

Late Friday Daryl informed me we were going over his coworkers house for pizza and to hang out so even though I was tired after a LONG work day, I agreed. Big D almost never makes the plans so I didn't want to tell him 'no'. Met a couple of new people (mostly the girlfriend and wife of two of his coworker/friends) and we hung out till about nine until I knew my body was crashing. Time for bed!

Saturday we were up and about early-ish. We had Timber's puppy class at eleven so we stopped at Panera for bagels first. I almost threw a tantrum becuz they were completely out of my favorite bagel, Asiago. Bummer. I've become so very demanding now when it comes to my food. Don't mess with me when I'm hungry!! Heh.

After class it was off to get my hair chopped at my aunt's salon! I brought a picture of a style I liked and told her to cut away! I'm sorry about the crappy shots (front and back), I took them on my cell phone and they came out a tad grainy. Also got the 'ol brows waxed thank GAWD. I felt like a million dollars when we finally left the salon. And Big D told me I looked hot. Good husband. Grabbed lunch then ran home to shower and get ready to go out.

We didn't have Valentine's Day plans...to be perfectly honest I kept forgetting it even WAS Valentine's Day. I decided we weren't going to buy gifts this year cuz we money is tight and I just couldn't justify it. So instead we opted to go out for pizza and a movie with Sarah and her hubby, Brian. Sarah is hugely pregnant right now ( believe her due date is in a couple more days) and she's been having lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions lately but we weren't worried. I brought our new Fetal Doppler over and Dr. Daryl used it to find Sarah's baby's heartbeat (we thought it would be SO easy to find but of course the baby is down low, in position, and moving around like a squirmy worm, so it took about 20 minutes for him to locate the heartbeat). So then the two preggo's were starving so off we went to eat our delicious Sicilian pizza...it was so thick we could only eat one piece each! We went to see Friday the 13th afterwards with lots of candy in tow. I ate a box of Junior Mints, my favorite and Big D had Black Forest gummy worms...SO good. The movie was okay...not quite a "remake" like I thought it would be...and DAMN was there ever a lot of young, blond boobage! LOL Typical horror-movie I guess, right?

Sunday, up pretty early after my brother Sean called to say he was at the truck stop in Southington (he is a truck driver who doesn't normally work around home...he drives more out on the west coast) and could he take Daisy overnight? I think he wanted some company for his ride to Mass. So we bundled up Daisy into the truck and off we went. She LOVED being in the truck, this little tiny black and white 20-pound dog peering out of the window from the high passenger seat. It was hysterical! I wish I had my camera! We brought my brother a coffee then left to go run some errands.

We decided to start our baby registry this weekend becuz my MIL, who is throwing us a Jack and Jill (our choice!) baby shower this June has been asking for our registry info (she is planning out the invites). I feel bad that she lives three hours away, in NY, cuz I sometimes worry she will feel disconnected from this whole process. She is so excited over the upcoming birth of her first grandchild that I know she just wants to be as involved as she can, despite being 3 hours away! So I try to keep her involved by email as much as I can with all the pregnancy and baby-goings-on! So Big D and I headed to Babies R Us with the plan to just start the registry and maybe put like 4 items on it, and then come back to it at a later date. But at least we would have started it and gotten the cards that MIL can put in the invites, when the time comes.

Since Babies R Us didn't open till eleven and we still had an hour to wait, we hit up Borders where both of us went our separate ways, browsing the store. I ended up buying Jodi Picoult's Change of Heart. Finally it was time to go to BRU and Daryl was like a kid in a candy store. I thought for sure he'd be "bored" but oh no...he was in position of the "gun" and a Daddy-on-a-mission. He had already researched a couple of items (namely car seats and strollers) so he knew exactly what he wanted so we put that and a couple other items on the registry. We had an appointment at noon though so we had to hustle and before long, it was ten of twelve and we still had a good 15 minute ride ahead of us! Ran to our next errand, then the grocery store to get stuff for me to make Death by Chocolate, then home to whip it together and change clothes and head off AGAIN. We had dinner plans over Joe and Erin's, always a good time, and as usual Erin made a deliciously yummy meal! Preggo Mama was especially pleased. :-) We went downstairs to Joe's killer media room where we watched our movie on a giant movie screen. After dessert, I fell asleep on the couch, while Daryl and Joe and Erin's dog, Enzo, cuddled beside me (Enzo is in LOVE with Daryl! LOL) so we decided to call it an early night.

Monday, President's Day, both Big D and I were blissfully off from work. That doesn't always happen that we're both off (unless it's a MAJOR holiday like Christmas) so we were happy! The plan was to do absolutely nothing and just veg out all day. Did that happen? Of course not! We ran to a place called House of Doors, filled with just--you guessed it--doors. We are going to be making our current sun porch (not heated) part of the kitchen and it will take some work. But first and foremost, we need to replace the two cheap-ish, doors that are out there now. We need something much sturdier for when that room is part of the kitchen. We didn't like their prices so headed to Lowe's and checked them out there, and also did some "wishful" window-shopping, where Big D and I stroll through the store and point out things we WISH we could buy. Daryl=new grill. Me=beautiful patio furniture. Neither of which will be happening this year! Ha!

I was craving a cheeseburger so after that we headed to Ruby Tuesday's where I could stuff my face. Since it was in the mall, I asked Daryl if he'd mind taking a run up to the maternity store with me. I wanted to pick up a couple of maternity shirts. Three shirts later, we were done in the mall and heading to Circuit City just for ha-ha's, since the store is closing and we wondered if there were any good deals. I got one of my favorite movies ever: (DON'T LAUGH! I love it!!)
Labyrinth for $5.00!!!! I've loved this movie as a child, have always been fascinated by it, and I love David Bowie's character! I'm a freak, what can I say. Anyway, by the time our errands ended, it was about four thirty, five, and we were back home. FINALLY, FINALLY we got to veg out for a few hours before bed!

All in all, I had a great--mostly spontaneous since half of our plans were last minute--weekend, spent too much money and did not feel bad about it! Both Big D and I realize that we should enjoy these types of days/weekends while we still can before Baby Cashew plays a more prominent role. ;-)

20 comments:

Stephanie said...

Holy cow..what an update! :)
All kinds of fun things going on...glad to hear you were out and about, feeling good!!
Your hair looks GREAT!!
BRU is so overwhelming, but so fun!!
I bet she is getting excited to throw your shower!!
How fun!!

RCRambling said...

Cute hair - and yes, enjoy these weekends while you can! ;-)

kittyconcerto.com said...

First of all--your hair is ADORABLE.
Secondly--good for you about the baby registry. We are thinking that we should get on that.
Thirdly--glad to hear that you are feeling better and had a fabulous weekend!

April in CT said...

Your hair is adorable...love it! It sounds like y'all had a very busy and fun weekend..awesome! :)

We went to BJ's and spent WAY too much. I really need to stay outta that store..evil lurks there. My hubs hates shopping so I think my Valentines gift from him was a trip to Target and BJ's with no complaints.

Kat said...

Wow! That sounds like an AWESOME weekend!
I LOVE your new haircut! It looks fab on you! :)

Keri said...

OMG ! that was my FAVORITE movie when i was young-ish...
had such a crush on David Bowie... and his.. ahem... package...

LOVE the hair... rawwwrrrr...

April said...

Keri! ROFL!! I know EXACTLY which...um...PACKAGE you speak. How can I NOT, with his crazy tight spandex pants? WOO HOO!! I will admit I did have a crush on him back then myself! LOL And a GIRL-crush on Jennifer Connelly. I loved her in that movie!

Morgan said...

I LOVE the new hair-do!! Where is the belly pics!!?

Robyn said...

You were a busy bee. Love the haircut!

Krystyn said...

Holy moly...you've been busy!

BRU is so much! I was so tired and hungry after we registered!

Trannyhead said...

Your hair looks fantastic! I love it.

PS - I love the cinnamon sugar bagels at Panera as well as the Asiago cheese bagels. *drools*

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE LABYRINTH!!! I could watch it over and over. I used to watch it all the time. How funny someone else loves it too.

And I love the haircut!!

Sarah said...

Cute haircut!

Poltzie said...

Wow busy weekend and I LOVE the hair!
Now how about some belly shots missy!

bekah said...

I looooove your hair!!! I wish I could have your EXACT haircut! I would look a wreck, you however, look adorable!

Stephanie said...

Like the new do!

We started our registry in the store, then I did most of it online from home. SO much easier. I found the store to be overwhelming.

Jaina said...

LOVE the haircut! Glad you had a great weekend :)

angie said...

Your hair cut looks so cute!

Jewels said...

I've been wanting to tell you I LOVE your cute new hair cut.
And I LOVE the Labrynth too, me and my son are always saying quotes from that movie "Dont go that way" (giggle)It's such a great movie. I need to get one on DVD.

BeeOhVee said...

This is one of the best Jim Henson movies ever!

Just hearing the title makes me want to sing, "Dance magic, dance..."