Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sorry I've been so lax in the posts lately, peeps. I haven't really had anything super exciting to blog about (and I certainly don't want to bore you all with the ins and outs of my pregnancy...hell, we still got five and a half months left to talk about it!) so I just took the route of not really blogging!

But I miss you all dearly, so here I am!

And sorry this next bit IS pregnancy-related but I think I failed to mention: I made an appointment with my new doctor! I'm so psyched about it and feel like a huge load has been taken off my shoulders. I've heard such rave reviews about this WOMAN doctor ("She's a sweetheart" or "She gives you lots of information" or "She never rushes you out of an appointment" or "You will just love her!!") so even though I've never met her yet, I still feel like it will be such a huge improvement over my last doctor! By the way, when I ran into my old doctor's last Friday to ask to fill out the medical release form and ask them to fax the info to my new doctor, the nurse snottily replied, "Well, you do realize it's not going to be done TODAY, right?" I wanted to be like, "Thank you, bitch, thank you. You have just re-confirmed for me why I am leaving this office!"

Another pregnancy side note, but one that makes me happy...my weight gain. So far I've still only gained 5-ish pounds! I must admit I packed on the five pounds really early on--and it had fluctuated up and down a pound or two for about 2-3 weeks--so I was mildly panicking. My goal is to try to still eat somewhat healthy throughout this pregnancy and not gain more than I "should". For those who don't know me in IRL, I went into this overweight. I wouldn't say I'm HUGE cuz my height helps me balance it all out (no one EVER correctly guesses my weight, and for that I'm thankful! LOL), however, I was trying to lose at least 20 lbs. before getting pregnant (but I really could have stood to lose 25-30 lbs). And obviously that didn't happen. Ha! So my fear this whole time has been that I would use pregnancy as an excuse to eat and that my weight would get wildly out of control.

I know it's still early, but, I feel like I'm making good progress! I eat my three small meals a day (what helps is that I can ONLY eat small meals...I get insanely full much quicker now than I ever did) and I eat a snack in between each meal. I have my moments of "unhealthy" eating (potato chips, too much Italian bread with dinner) but for the most part I've been good about trying to make healthier choices! I've been big on yogurt, granola bars, apples with a dollop of peanut butter, bananas or oranges...and it's been satisfying most of my cravings! I haven't had pizza in weeks--I know, can you believe that?--and even chocolate has been pretty unappealing. So I'm taking advantage of that and trying to get in my fruits and veggies!

Let's see what else? I have a 3-day weekend coming up so I'm psyched about that. Daryl and I don't have a ton of plans either so we're going to hopefully get cracking on cleaning out the spare room (soon to be nursery). and I also want to go see--don't laugh, I LOVE horror movies--the new Friday the 13th but I'm thinking we'll save that for Sunday. I don't want to go the day it comes out which is this Friday the 13th, and I'm sure Saturday Valentine's Day the movie will be mobbed too, so Sunday seems like our best bet. We don't have any big plans for Valentine's Day and I'm perfectly fine with that. Daryl ordered us a Fetal Doppler online the other day and he had given me the choice of that or else we'd go out for a nice dinner on Valentine's Day, but I told him that is so over-rated. I'd rather stay home and make a nice yummy meal for us. One year I made Daryl lobster and he LOVED it. And I always usually try to make a heart-shaped dessert. Maybe this year I"ll do heart-shaped pancakes for a breakfast in bed.

Hmmm...oh and something to make my head swell today! I was feeling very fat and blah today (I hate my hair and can't wait to chop it all off this weekend so I pulled it back in a ponytail today) and as soon as I walked through the door my coworker B looked up and he said, "You look beautiful today!" Then I had two other coworkers tell me I looked "pretty" and "really nice" today...talk about a boost to the 'ol self esteem! As I get older I often think to myself "Ugh, I don't look as good anymore. I've gained weight, I have wrinkles, blah, blah, blah." but then when a day like today comes along, I happily think to myself, "Damn, I've still got it!" Ha ha!!

7 comments:

Cecily R said...

I'm so happy you are feeling good and doing well April!!

the cubicle's backporch said...

Yay! A happy post!

I'm so glad that you found a new doctor... and that any doubts you had about leaving your old one vanished with the "You know this won't be done today right" comment.

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

First, hooray for new Dr. and what a wench for her stupid comment. Anyhow, I am glad you are feeling well and you haven't packed on the pounds. I can so relate to how you sometimes feel, older, heavier, wrinkles...I have the grey hair too..ugh, I have been feeling like that a lot lately. It doesn't help that my lil knee has me down. It is always nice to get a self esteem boost especially when you least expect it. You go with your bad self!

Be careful when cutting that hair.....I am trying to let mine grow out again. lol

Aimée said...

How wonderful! It sounds like things are going really well for your pregnancy, and you haven't been having any insane cravings! Mine were awful, but I couldn't keep anything down for the first 4-5 months of my pregnancy! I'm happy your "morning" sickness hasn't been to bad! Can't wait to hear how it goes with your new doctor!

bekah said...

haha there are so many reason I love your writing! that last sentence was totally one of them!

Kat said...

Yeah for the new doctor!!! That is exciting stuff. :)
Sounds to me like you are doing well with your eating. Great job! :)

Jaina said...

You sound like you're doing great! I'm glad you're finally getting the new doctor, I hope she's even better than you hoped.