Friday, February 06, 2009

Ugh. Being broke SUCKS ASS.

I was just on the phone with a bill collector trying to set up a payment arrangement to catch that shit up to date. One down, a million more to go, right?

I can only laugh, or else I'd cry. What keeps me sane is that I know everyone can empathize. We are in such a shitty time, a shitty economy, and I know most of us are feeling the burn! I feel bad for so many of my friends who I watch struggling on a daily basis. I've known at least a small handful of people that have gotten laid off within the past month or so.

It freakin' sucks!

But this is when I have to keep reminding myself: Daryl and I have a roof over our head. We have our health (although Big D needs a swift kick in the ass lately for not being as up on his diabetes meds as he should be! But that is fodder for another blog post). We have our active little Cashew on the way. We have our families and friends. We have great memories with those who are only here with us in spirit. Our fur-babies--as obnoxious as they can be sometimes--are healthy and give us lots of love and laughs. We have job security, something we are both insanely grateful for right now.

And despite being crazily stressed out about money and finances, especially with this little Cashew on the way, we still manage to maintain our silly senses of humor. I think the best characteristic of our relationship together? We never cease to make each other laugh.

So, yes, it could always be so, so much worse.

P.S. I spoke too soon, by the way, about the nausea being gone so Karma decided to come and bitch-slap me and remind me that SHE is in charge, not me. I've puked twice in the past three days. Yeah, baby.

9 comments:

Peeveme said...

Nausea lulls you into a false sense of security and then BAM!

the cubicle's backporch said...

My company laid off a lot of people, including myself, and I ran into a couple people I knew at my 'outplacement' meeting. One of the guys asked me if I had a significant other who was gainfully employed. I realized then that I'm lucky that while things will be tight (and there will be no more shopping) we'll be okay.

And from someone who grew up poor, I still had an awesome childhood thanks to loving parents.

Kel said...

Sorry for feeling so sick...hopefully soon it will go away! Have a great weekend!
~K

MarciaBrady said...

I'm sorry you've been sick! Hopefully it will go away soon!

I think as long as you can keep your sense of humor, you can make it through!!

Tabitha said...

Things are pretty bad over here in the UK too ~ our economy is awful aswell!!
You are not alone ~ times are hard and things are tight ~ but we will all get through! I look at my 2 great kids and know that I don't care whether I have 2 pennies to rub together ~ as long as I have got them.
Take care ~ hope you are feeling ok.
Love and hugs Tabitha XXX

Trannyhead said...

Sorry about the barf-a-thon. I hope it gets better soon.

And as for the finances? I really hope you get those situated before the baby comes. I'm sure you will - hang in there!

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

We are all in that financial pinch! Bleh. With kids it can be especially hard. Like my two little ones just keep growing and growing, so I have to keep buying more uniforms and casual wear for them. It isn't cheap. I need an EASY BUTTON for some cash flow. Hang in there little lady.

Sorry you are not feeling too well, it will pass soon enough.

Stephanie said...

I hope the sickness passes soon for you. That was the worst part of the whole experience. But very worth it of course!

Jaina said...

::hugs:: I hope things work out soon April.