Monday, March 09, 2009

And, the verdict is in!!!

Daryl and I are having..................



............................




.............................




.............................




............................







A baby BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never in my wildest dreams while growing up and thinking of being a Mommy, did I EVER envision myself having a little boy. And now that I am, I couldn't be happier!

The ultrasound went fabulously, everything looked great and all the organs measured as they should. According to the baby's size, 1/2 pound, and measurements, his estimated due date is August 7th (which is actually like 2-3 days sooner than our due date but since it's within a week they won't change our original due date). And when the x-ray tech zoomed in on the "money-shot", she smiled and said, "There is no question this little one is a BOY!" And all I could say was "Holy crap!" Daryl immediately stated, "That's my boy!" LOL

We do have a name for this little munchkin, we've had it picked out almost since day one. So officially, I want to introduce you all to our cashew with name: Hunter Richard Cashin.

I love my boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Note: I don't have a picture of the famous "money shot" unfortunately. I was too busy bawling my eyes out to think to ask for one (but I have an amazing shot that shows his little spinal column...just not at home to upload it yet). But take my word for it, he's a boy! LOL




18 Weeks: Little Hunter




Your Baby This Coming Week


Your baby measures about 5.2 to 6 inches (13-15cm) from crown to rump and weighs about 7 ounces (200g).


The buds for the permanent teeth are forming behind those that have already developed for the first teeth.


Your baby's nervous system and brain development continue at a spectacular pace. By this week, your baby's motor neurons, which connect muscle to the brain, have grown into place so that your baby can consciously direct her movements. Millions of neurons inside your baby's brain are growing and forming connections and the nerves in her body are being covered in a fatty substance called myelin.


Your baby's ears are now placed on the sides of her head and her limbs are now in proportion. Your baby's tiny foot is just one inch long, but is in perfect proportion to the rest of her leg.
Your baby can hear your voice and recognize it.

35 comments:

Poltzie said...

WOOHOO!! Boys are GREAT!!
I love the name Hunter, so strong and proud!!
Congrats, congrats, congrats!!
Now go shopping haha!

OHmommy said...

Congrats!

Congrats!

Little boys are awesome. Mine calls me "sweet little mousie mama" even at the age of 6.5 and I love it. Boys are sweet!

Congrats!

Aimée said...

How wonderful! I loved having my little boy first! Congrats and I think you picked a wonderful name!!!

Sweetly Single said...

OMG!!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!!

The Captain's Wife said...

Congrats on your baby BOY!! The name is wonderful. Hope you will post your U/S pics soon....

PixieDust said...

Congratulations! :)

remember moments said...

Awww! Congratulations!! I love the name HUNTER. How exciting!!!

Jewels said...

Congrats on a Boy!!
I'm so jealous I have 3 more weeks until my big u/s.

the cubicle's backporch said...

Congratulations!!! I like the name Hunter. How exciting!

Stephanie said...

YEAH!!! Congrats babe!!!
Little boys are SOOOO much fun!!
I love the name Hunter too!!!
I bet Daryl is so proud!!

Kat said...

YAY!!!! Little Hunter! I love it!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

I guessed you were having a boy only because your feelings were leaning that way. Way to have some really good intuition! I am so bad at guessing.

Oh how little boys love their mamas! I am so excited for you!

Congrats again!

Keri said...

WOOOHOOOO for a boy !!

and 'Hunter'... raawwwarrr... That's a strong name. FaBulous.

I've got the most precious suit and a ton of other baby boy things i'd be honored to pass along... interested??

hillsmithfamily.com said...

Congrats and how great!

I'm kind-of partial to boys since I'm so in love with my little guy, so all I can tell you is that they are the best. (Since I don't have a girl, I have nothing to compare it to, please understand.)

By the way, I got the video working on my blog, so you'll have to pop over to see what you have to look forward to! Congrats again!

Laura B. said...

Oohhhh...congrats to you guys! We'll have to figure out how to raise these boys of ours! :-)

April said...

Keri-I would LOVE it! thank you!

Morgan said...

I do to April! I just don't know how you feel about hand-me-downs. Keep in mind Mason only wore some of these things once or twice and that's it. So are you getting a baby shower?

p.s.- I SOOO knew it was a boy!!

Julie said...

:) congrats! I am so happy for you guys!!

Can't wait to go shopping now!!!

Tabitha said...

YAY!!!
That is wonderful news ~ a little boy! I am so pleased for you!
I guessed Girl ~ so I was totally wrong, but what the heck ~ it is wonderful news.
Glad that everything is going ok.
take care ~love and hugs Tabitha XX

PS ~ almost forgot to say that I totally love that name ~ xxx

Krystyn said...

Yay for a boy!

I knew it was a boy!!

Sarah said...

I knew it!!

Boys are so much fun!

Congratulations!

bekah said...

I just squealed so loud I scared the dog! CONGRATS! and name! oh the name is wonderful!!!

angie said...

Congratulations! SO VERY exciting!

Heidi Renée said...

Yay! Since you've already picked a name I bet the monogrammed gifts will start rolling in soon!

kittyconcerto.com said...

I was right!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! EEEEE!!!! I'm so thrilled for you two. Can't wait to see the ultrasound!

Kel said...

WooHoo...Congratulations, I'm so excited for you!
~K

Robyn said...

Congrats!!

nancy said...

YAY!!!! Congrats on your SON!!! (I am freaking loving having a little boy)

Grandy said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I'm SO Excited for you both!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! I am thrilled to hear that everything looks good, and that Hunter is growing just like he should.

Jaina said...

Yayayayayayayay!!!!! How exciting! Congrats April!!! Can't wait to see little Hunter! What a perfect name too! I love it! :) Congrats! And thanks for sharing with us!

Sarah R said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Little boys are so awesome. I, too, thought I'd have a girl and was more than thrilled when I found out it was a boy. Oh, and August boys rock even more!! YEAH! (Andrew was born 8/25/07).

Melissa said...

How the heck did I miss this one! Congrats on your boy! I love the name Hunter!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oh April! I was just sitting here & thought of you. I wondered if you were close to finding out yet & I see you did! Congratulations on sweet little Hunter! =) I am so happy for you! I was totally wrong, thinking pink, LOL!

Steph said...

Congrats to you and the Big D man! Boys are great! I love my little man he always seems to know how to pick me up when I am down! a little less then 4 weeks to go will we find out if we have a boy or a girl!

Flea said...

Oh man. A boy? Did you tell the tech to work on that ultrasound shot photo for you, that Flea needs a girl to smock for? What was the tech thinking?!?

;) Congratulations, y'all!