Tuesday, March 24, 2009

As of Sunday, I hit the halfway mark...20 weeks!! Woo hoo!!

I still am in awe that I've been pregnant for 20 weeks (and 2 days! LOL) already. It blows my mind. And I feel Hunter moving around all the time now...the force of his punches and little elbows (and just recently, I think it was on Sunday, I felt my first kick right beneath my belly button!) has firmed up a bit but it's not uncomfortable or super strong yet. It brings a smile to my face whenever I feel him moving around inside of me and if it happens when I'm home, I always tell Daryl about it. He can't always feel him moving around yet--usually he'll catch light movement once in a while--but I know we're close to that point! Also, when we're driving in the truck and Daryl suddenly cranks up the tunes, little Hunter must get startled cuz I'll usually feel a sudden flurry of movement then. The first time I realized what had probably happened, I laughed and immediately turned the radio back down.

Oh! And the coolest! I actually SAW my belly move on Sunday when I was sitting on the couch watching tv. Hunter had started up his acrobatics so I looked down and actually caught the movement with my eyes. That was INSANELY cool.


Also on Monday I went to my regular OB to ask a couple more questions, to continue to ease my mind. She told me that yes, I do have "marginal" Placenta Previa but since we still have a while to go, it wasn't something they were concerned with. There is still time for the placenta to migrate upwards as it should. But she just confirmed that if it didn't , I would end up needing a C-Section.

*UPDATE* for Kat! I also asked the doctor about...SEX. I read online (and also remember from Amy's experience) that you should not have sex with Placenta Previa. She said becuz mine is "marginal" that some doctors would not say the "no sex" rule but to be conservative, that was her stance on it. And I'd MUCH rather be safe than sorry so NO SEX it is, until (or IF) things change.

She also said this is something they will be monitoring in the future. I'll end up having another ultrasound (I forgot to ask if she meant sooner or later) to check on the status of the placenta. So everyone, fingers crossed that my placenta gets its traveling papers and hits the road heading north for a looong vacation!!



20 weeks: Our baby Hunter

Your Baby This Coming Week

Your baby weighs about 10.5 ounces (300g) and measures about 7.2 inches (18cm) from crown to rump. He still moves about freely in amniotic fluid.

Your baby may respond to external sounds, such as the music you are listening to or your voice.

Your baby has developed some red blood cells already. The white blood cells that your baby needs to fight infections are being manufactured.

He is developing taste buds on his tongue.

His digestive system is sufficiently advanced to absorb water and sugar from the amniotic fluid that he swallows and pass it to his large bowel.

Your baby has lanugo hair on his forehead and upper lip and his eyebrows are thickening.

Vernix (the waxy substance that covers and protects your baby's skin) accumulates on your baby's eyebrows.

Your baby's eyes are still sealed shut.

Your baby continues to grow and develop and his kicking is getting stronger now.

18 comments:

remember moments said...

I always thought it was so wild when I'd see my belly move. Freaky!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

OMG Hunter has eyebrows!! How precious is that? =)

Move along, placenta. Nothing to see here.

April said...

OMG, Dawn, you just made me laugh out loud at my desk which started a coughing jag. "Move along, placenta. Nothing to see here!" LOL

~**Dawn**~ said...

Glad I could provide you with your daily dose of laughter! ;-)

Laura B. said...

I'm at the point where Parker is starting to kick me in the bladder and he's moving around a lot. The flutters are pretty awesome but the kicks in the bladder I could do without. ;-) You just wait!! ;-)

Melissa said...

Just them already knowing what your dealing with is such great news!! I'm so glad that your feeling him move around in there...that is the most reassuring part of the pregnancy.

Your half way, mom! Hang in there and soon little Hunter will be coming out to meet the world...

Poltzie said...

Aww, baby Hunter sounds so cool already, like a little ninja!!

Kat said...

Good to know about the placenta since I have that with this pregnancy too, and I haven't asked my doc about it yet. ;)

Krystyn said...

So exciting! Move placenta...move!

Kat said...

Thanks for the update. I guess I should call my doc and confirm. He basically called it a "low lying placenta" for me. It is not over the cervix at all.
But still, I guess I should call and ask him.

bekah said...

holy cow HALFWAY?! That seems like it was so fast!

Sarah said...

Yay for 20 weeks! Booooooo for no sex.

Sarah said...

oh...and MOVE BITCH GET OUT THE WAY! Placenta.

PixieDust said...

I am so glad everything is going well! I also want a baby... Give me another year and maybe then! lol

Flea said...

Oh my! Poor Daryl! Sex is highly overrated anyway. Right? Right?!

Old Mom New Baby said...

Sorry it took so long, I just got your e-mail. I added you to read my blog. you'll have to accept the invite through your email.
((hugs))

Jen said...

HI
Just wandering around and came across your blog - I LOVE those little baby counters (or whatever they're called). . . .

God bless you and Baby Hunter

Jaina said...

This is all so neat! I'm so excited for you April. Congrats! You're well on your way. :)