Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I'm excitedly awaiting a text or phone call!

My friend Sarah's water broke last night around 1:30am after some (sorry for the gross TMI) bloody mucous showing up. She'd been having contractions too, but she's been having mad Braxton-Hicks for weeks now so at first she wasn't sure if this was real or not. The funny part is, she was due to be induced today at 5pm (she was due Feb. 21st) but I told Daryl Sarah's body must not have liked being told when to start labor, cuz it made the decision to start on it's own! LOL SO anyway, off they went to the hospital. I've received random text messages from her so far letting me know her progress. She has been only 2cm dilated for QUITE some time and in some serious pain, however no epidural yet. If you could send her speedy, healthy and quick labor vibes I would appreciate it! Her daughter Julia (almost three years old) is very eager and excited to meet her little baby sister!! Thanks. (UPDATE: Sarah finally got her epidural and is now 7cm dilated as of 11:00am! WOO HOO!)

My weekend was good. Daryl and I were busy doing stuff around the house. I cleaned a ton, while he worked religiously on our sun porch/kitchen addition.

I tried to take some belly shots so you guys would stop harassing me (ha! Kidding, of course!) but seriously, I just look fat right now. I'm waiting for my belly to look more rounded and "baby-like" as opposed to the baby bump below with the fat bump over it! So I'm holding off on posting any pictures for another couple of weeks. I'm sorry to make you keep waiting, I know a few have you have been patient so far!

Sunday night we had dinner plans at my friend Jess's parents house. It was fun! I hadn't seen her parents in quite a while so it was nice to catch up!

Yesterday was an unexpected surprise. A snow storm was predicted but, living in New England where the weathermen are almost always wrong, I certainly didn't think we'd see any. Boy, was I wrong! I woke up Monday morning to about 8 inches of snow (at about 6:30am) and the fabulous news that my work was closed for the day! Woo hoo! A free day off rocks! It continued to snow ALL DAY LONG till about five p.m. We got a ton of snow! Daryl only worked a few hours then he came home and snow-blowed like crazy. Once the roads cleared up a bit, even though it was still snowing, Daryl said "I'm bored. Let's go somewhere." So off we went to Babies-R-Us to work on our registry a little. I'm constantly adding/removing stuff and changing it often. Then, FUN-FUN, I had a dentist appointment for 6pm last night. Not only did I get to have a cleaning done, but I also had to have a filling replaced. God, I hate going to the dentist!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

11 comments:

Flea said...

I never looked pregnant until I was about seven and a half months with all three kids. Just wide and huge. My babies sat far back, on my tailbone. So the docs always thought they'd be smaller than they were. Don't sweat it. The baby's in there, and that's what counts. :)

remember moments said...

Yay for the FREE day off yesterday!! I also took forever to 'show' as being pregnant, I think I just looked FAT for a while.

Sarah R said...

How exciting for your friend!!! :)

Chele76 said...

8 feet? I think that might be a typo.. unless Meriden got some CARZY storm that was bigger then the rest of us :P

BTW if Sophia is here today, will you be going to the hospital tonight? I plan to!

April said...

Um yeah, I meant eight INCHES. LOL

Aimée said...

When I started looking pregnant people always assumed I was having twins or triplets. One lady asked me if I was having quads (I know!) I was a big girl who grew big SINGLE babies! But I'm glad now that I did allow my husband to take a very few pregnancy pictures, and looking back wish I would have taken more. Live and learn right? Hope you're doing well!

April in CT said...

Awe, some baby belly pictures will be great when you're ready to post them!

We got 8inches too (hush your typo with that whole 8ft thing..I'd just die) I was also SO bored and kept prodding my hubs "Don't you want to go somewhere?", but no luck he didn't budge. Probably a good thing..I wanted to go to BJ's and no telling what I would have spent!

Glad y'all had a nice weekend and an unexpected day off!

Morgan said...

oh for goodness sakes..will you post the freakin pics already?!? LOL! We know you are NOT fat- just pregnant!! Come on.....!!!!

Cecily R said...

I spend most of my pregnancies looking like I just gained a TON of weight...then I pop out and look like I'm pregnant with quads. I am so NOT one of those pretty pregnant people. I'm sure you look fabulous!

BeeOhVee said...

That is so exciting. I am trying my best to send happy (fast and healthy) delivery vibes your sister's way.

Poltzie said...

Yay for snow days!